Looking For Contact In Phitsanulok

Lizphuket

Hi, I am new to this forum and I hope I have picked the right one for Phitsanulok area. I am looking to move up there near to my Thai friends but wonder if there are any farangs who could suggest a house to rent while I look around for something to buy. Need good size house (min 2 bedrooms) with garden as I have a house full of furniture brought from England plus dogs and cats. Have my own car. Relocating from Phuket where I have been paying 25k a month - nice if I could reduce outgoings a bit. I have local friends on the lookout. Any help welcomed.

Liz

There are houses around for rent. Best would be to set aside a week for looking around. Most people here that rent pay about 5,000bht for 2-3bdr. with small garden. When you're almost here I'll PM my ph.#

Thank you for replying. It would certainly be good to cut my rent and also to have a contact in advance. My friend Khun Lek has just gone back to see her parents near Phitsanulok so she is going to ask around for me as she knows the sort of house that I like to live in. I would then plan to come and spend a few days to look around probably towards the end of March or early April. I will contact you when I have confirmed my plans.

Hi, I am new to this forum and I hope I have picked the right one for Phitsanulok area. I am looking to move up there near to my Thai friends but wonder if there are any farangs who could suggest a house to rent while I look around for something to buy. Need good size house (min 2 bedrooms) with garden as I have a house full of furniture brought from England plus dogs and cats. Have my own car. Relocating from Phuket where I have been paying 25k a month - nice if I could reduce outgoings a bit. I have local friends on the lookout. Any help welcomed.

Liz

I am renting a house just outside Phitsanuloike city for about 2500baht a month even though my wife and I are back in the states...but I still keep my stuff there. It should be cheaper than Phuket because it is not a big tourists zone...but that seems to be changing. There are decent places to eat, you just have to look for them and of course they have Big C and Tesco. The big one, though, is the Topland Mall, which also has the Topland Hotel and has a pretty-darn good buffet and very nicely priced. BUT avoid buy any soda because that ends up being 40baht per bottle...which is 12 baht next store at the 7-11...that is how they get the tourist groups who thinks that 40baht is a good price. My wife makes me fill up on soda before I get there and makes me drink water which is free...just make sure not ask for bottled water...they stuff they pour for you is just as safe and good. The buffet is pretty good though and is impressive for that far from Bangkok...or chang mai, or chang rai. There is also a nic dim sum place about a mile down the road from the Topland area. I hope you have a car because public transport is pretty crappy...everybody has a car or a motoscooter. I will be returning there next year to visit my wife's family

How much is the buffet in 7-11?

A little unkind I think (said with a smile by the way)! Always useful to have feedback on where to go shopping when I manage to find somewhere to live.

Edited by Lizphuket

A farang has just vacated a 2 bdr. fairly large kitchen and liv. rm. The car park and garden are also a good size. price 4,000bht

My Thai friend Khun Lek is up visiting her family at the moment and she says she will have time on Monday to look around for me. Would it possible for me to have your phone number to pass on to her so that you can explain where the house is please? I really appreciate your help by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

This is my first post, but I've actually been in Bangkok for 7 years. I've been relcoated to Phitsanulok, never been there, but will be based there as of May 2008. Would love to get to know some other farangs, and also get an idea about getting around and things to do there (e.g., Engish cinemas, entertainment, etc.). also, is it worth having a car there?

Thanks...