Accomodation In Thailand...

luis0915

Hi

I'm planning to go to BKK and I was wondering....cool, I'm at the airport...what next? I've never been to Thailand before and I'd be kinda lost about accomodation and job hunting. Any ideas for a heads up? Where to ask for info on hostels, motels, how much to pay. I'm traveling on a budget so advice on cheap places to stay while I look for a teaching gig would be appreciated. Next, how to look for a job there? Do I walk door to door handing resumes out? Or do I focus my job hunting on the internet?...anyone can shed some light on these topics?...

Hi, Luis. This part of the forum is for discussing teaching (and, yes, seeking teaching jobs)- if it's housing info you want, you should probably post in another area (this thread will be moved somewhere else soon to handle that, I imagine!)

For general job discussion, there is a jobs room as well. If you're wondering where to start looking for jobs, I'd suggest you take a look at the jobs list on www.ajarn.com. There're a few threads here already about how to get a job, qualifications, and so forth- look around a bit! Maybe I'll start a "teaching job interview" thread here soon; they're always a bit of a laugh.

"Steven"

Hi

I'm planning to go to BKK and I was wondering....cool, I'm at the airport...what next? I've never been to Thailand before and I'd be kinda lost about accomodation and job hunting. Any ideas for a heads up? Where to ask for info on hostels, motels, how much to pay. I'm traveling on a budget so advice on cheap places to stay while I look for a teaching gig would be appreciated. Next, how to look for a job there? Do I walk door to door handing resumes out? Or do I focus my job hunting on the internet?...anyone can shed some light on these topics?...

I see that "planning skills" are not listed on your resume!

Unless you are highly skilled in your field of expertese, and preferably have a degree to back that up, you do not have much chance of getting a job in Thailand.

Any potential employer has to show that there are no suitable Thai applicants for the job, whatever it may be.

Have a good holiday here.

Don't overstay your visa.

Then go home and get a job there.

He's got a degree and a TEFL (TESOL) Astral so he won't have any problem at all finding work here (IMO). Getting the WP might take a while but I think he'll be fine personally!

Employers don't need to prove a Thai can teach English better than we can! It's different for teachers, than for other lines of work.