Jomtien, Pattaya - Douplex Apartment Units 65 Sqm Suan Sawarn In Foreign Ownership To Sell!

Hi my name is Peter,

I am in and out of Thailand since many years and I have been renting apartments here for 3 years now. I am working in Asia and Thailand is my base during projects. October last year I have been looking for a new place as my landlord planned to sell his apartment. During my search for an apartment to rent I saw some pictures of Suan Sawarn and I visited the showroom. I have bought instantly one of the last units in foreign ownership at that time!!!

• I loved the design!
  • Loft like 5 meter ceiling height in the living room dining and kitchen area separated from the living area with the stair and space for an office space upstairs where you look down to the living room!
  • The place is great value for money!
  • The whole furniture is included and it is OK quality and I like the style!
  • So when completed I don't need to spend extra time for anything – just to move in!
  • The location is right (1350 [not 700m sorry] m by road away from the beach not 700m - Soi 6 and 900 m from road 2 where construction has now started)!
  • This is a distance you can easily walk or ride by bike and motorcycle! Motorcycles are cheap and convenient way to get around here but one should be driving carefully.
  • I like the size of the project as it is not to small but also not one of these huge blocks like View Taley which would fit more to eastern Germany 30 years ago!
  • The developer TAG Group Thailand is trustworthy and has several projects in the area ongoing or almost completed.

They have started construction late December which was on schedule and they have initiated a phase 2 where I got the information quite early and I have bought 4 units as investment.

I was that convinced about the concept design and value for money that I could not resist!

I have bought following units for resell which are under foreign ownership:

Building E:

4th floor (is in reality 7 and 8 due to duplex construction)Unit Nr. 54 and 64

3rd floor (is in reality 5 and 6 due to duplex construction) Unit Nr. 47

Building F:

3rd Floor (is in reality 5 and 6 due to duplex construction) Unit Nr. 29

The location map is attached and so is the building layout.

The building itself has 5 floors (4 times 2 storied apartments and the 5th floor is a single story layout) so the 4th floor is just one down from the roof and the highest floor for a double unit.

All these are 2 storied unites with 65 m2, which ends up to 40m2 ground floor and the second less due to the open space in the living area which gives a great felling due to the loft like architecture and the 5 m ceiling height. 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom everything fully furnished (everything except the decoration items on the pictures on their HP http://suansawarn.com/ is included – even the TV).

The only downside is that it takes more than a year until the apartments are finished.

But considering the price and comparing it to other projects it is certainly worth waiting.

What I can say is that I have been looking around for quite some time here and this was the best deal I run ever into and this still applies even for the price of now 2.8 Mio Bath.

Anyone who is interested can contact me through this forum! :o

• I can not recommend buying anywhere where you don't know enough about the developer and I would never buy anything in a View Talay for a view reasons.
  • Most importantly these are empty shells which many people buy and then that's how they stay for years until the finishing starts.
  • This makes often terrible noise and you have construction all the time in the building whereby when you buy anything in an apartment which has bathroom floors ceiling and kitchen done you don't need to worry. Besides the buildings are seriously the ugliest pieces of architecture you can find in the whole area and I would not like to live there at all. But this is pure personal taste and others will think different. Sad though! :D
  • I would also not buy anything in any old building as wherever the building has reached 10 to 15 years you will have a lot of resell and renovations with again noise. I have been a view times in my old apartment in Baan Suan Lalana and also in my new one only for one week and it was Mo till Fr construction ongoing in neighbor apartments from 8.00am till 6.00pm. This can really spoil your trip!
  • Look what a building asks for maintenance and if they offer anything less than 30 Bath per SQM ask yourself if you like to live in a place which will deteriorate due to lousy maintenance.
  • Always look at the developer closely as it can be serious shit if the company does not develop what they are supposed to be developing and you loose your initial payments or end up in years of waiting.
  • This is especially important if you buy in the early stage of a project and does not matter if the construction is finished as by then you have the history of the developer in concrete in front of you.
  • I would only buy under foreign ownership as Thai laws have sharpened up and I would not really trust these company constructions used to buy property to be a save way forever.

So my tip is that Suan Sawarn is one of the hottest places around but there are many others as well most of them are costing more money though and don't have the same smart concept and this one would fit your budget.

Now one could say I have to have this opinion because I have some units for sell there :D which is true because this is exactly the reason why I bought them in the first place.

I hope I could provide some help and Ideas what to look for and if you think Suan Sawarn is the right thing for you please contact me.

Very best regards,

Peter

Suan_Sawarn_Building_E_and_F.pdf

post-58980-1204613405_thumb.jpg

Now one could say I have to have this opinion because I have some units for sell there :D which is true because this is exactly the reason why I bought them in the first place.

What a nice rethoric style ! I should pin it on my wall. Under my beautiful painting (1930) : "The Great Bubble Burst".

:o

• The location is right (1350 [not 700m sorry] m by road away from the beach not 700m - Soi 6 and 900 m from road 2 where construction has now started)!
  • Peter

Peter, your units appear to be in Jomtien not Pattaya.

Your title is a little misleading. :o

I would agree Suan Sawarn are excellent value for money.....even better when they were first sold at 850k per unit... ...2 other good projects are Iguanas Park Lane , 1 bedroom fully furnished apartments in Jomtien at 1.2, lovely grounds , excellent facilities huge pool , fitness centre etc...........and for rental opportunities.... The Avenue , located behind the shopping centre of same name, next to Mecure Hotel, Central Pattaya.......studios stating at 1.46......again good facilities.....and the developer Nova, good track record...all 3 buildings on that Soi 15, have sold well...City Gardens and The Urban being the other 2 located there........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Peter,

I was reading your comments about Suan Sawarn and found them interesting. I bought a condo there as well. I was wondering if you have heard anything about how it is progressing? I haven't been in Thailand for a year so haven't been following this much, but would be interested if you have any news. Thanks

Campbell

It appears you are unaware that this project along with "The Park", being done by the same developers, has ceased construction since December 2008. Several meetings with representatives of TAG Group have simply resulted in empty promises. A group of us have hired a law firm: Watson Farley & Williams in Bangkok, Contact person Steve Burkill at [email protected] to press for action/security against the developers and the more people he can represent gives him more power/credibility against them whilst reducing costs to take action against them. Any info please contact WFW directly.

• 4 weeks later...
It appears you are unaware that this project along with "The Park", being done by the same developers, has ceased construction since December 2008. Several meetings with representatives of TAG Group have simply resulted in empty promises. A group of us have hired a law firm: Watson Farley & Williams in Bangkok, Contact person Steve Burkill at [email protected] to press for action/security against the developers and the more people he can represent gives him more power/credibility against them whilst reducing costs to take action against them. Any info please contact WFW directly.

Hi I have visited the project on the 25th May and construction was showing some progress to my last visit in February however it does not happen in the speed one wants to see.

I was there last week on the 7th July and counted on the Building A and B around 40 construction workers and saw further progress on the building A.

To name a view changes since my visit end of May in the upper units windows were installed bathroom tiles fitted and additional progress has been made in the lower units.

On the building E and F where they have not done anything except excavation work have I seen 5 people working on 3 piling rigs and they where about to set those up.

No this was on "Asalaha Bucha" a national holiday which made the number of people on the site even more surprising and I will go there this week to see the changes over the last week.

So I do not see a seized construction but under no circumstances is the progress satisfying.

On the other hand would a construction completion by mid next year be realistic if they continue to build in a similar speed.

So I hope this has been provided some additional information's to verify the status but the main issue will be if the financing is secured to complete the construction.

This has been promised to be fact by their local project manager Jordi Quintana but remains to be proven by facts and nothing else.

I will be getting in touch with Steve as I am interested in getting as much information's as possible myself and possibly also involve myself in legal actions against the developer.

It might be not very productive though as if they have sorted the financing they should be able to complete and if not... well has anyone ever succeeded to grab something out of the pockets of a naked man.

Very best regards,

Peter

Edited by suansawarn

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I might have missed something.

I understand that the Condo has not been finished because the developer his run out of money.

What is the point of taking legal action against a company with no money. What are you trying to acheive?