The Dark Side

paul1970

Patsfangr - Thanks for the kind words. It is amazing the variety and quality of places we have to eat out here isn't it. Makes living out here very nice indeed.

As to the coffee shops...do give them both a try...they are both good and run by very friendly Thai owners/staff. The only problem is that when I am stranded in central Pattaya and in need of an espresso drink...paying the silly money prices there just kills me. The max price in both these places is B35 for lattes and B 25 for espresso shot! About half the cost of most in-town places. Both also have free member card schemes for free drinks after purchase of a set number. La Var is more a pure cafe...with only a few cookies for sale besides their coffee and soda drinks. Pinto is better is you want a piece of cake, cookies, or ice cream with your coffee. Pinto can get a little crowded and noisy in the afternoon after school lets out but quiets down again by late afternoon.

As to the steakhouse...I think the one you mention, Sam Tor, is actually on Nernplubwan isn't it? I did not mean this place as I have never eaten there. The one I am speaking about you actually have to make a right turn at soi 24 and go about 2 kilos up this side street. I seem to recall the place has a farang name...maybe Garden Steakhouse or something.

As to Dao Cafe...your wife's 2nd sense is working overtime laugh.gif And she probably didn't like Dao too much as it does have a sinister twin sister establishment attached to it. There is the outside poolside cafe/bar, which is the respectable part of this establishment and then there is an inner-sanctum "dark" bar in a private area of the resort behind the pool. I have never been myself but I have heard remours that women of easy virtue may be found there...shock...the shock of such a thing in Patters laugh.gif

I wish I could remember the name of the cafe near the Horseshoe Point...it is really nice. One of the best club sandwiches in Patters (and no silly fried egg in it like you find in most versions in Thailand smile.gif ). They also have decent muffins and also open for breakfast also.

. Can't stand the bloody egg...

• 4 years later...