**** Arrival Into Suvarnabhumi ****

Arrived this morning into Suvarnabhumi airport at 0645. Made the dash to immigration; immigration well staffed and all short queues. Just a five minute wait; stamped in by a friendly immigration official who said good morning and wished me a good stay in Thailand.

While I was waiting I noticed that all the nearby immigration staff were being friendly: maybe there has been a forced improvement following complaints in the Thai national newspapers.

Then baggage arrived five minutes later, waved through customs, amazing:no hassle or in your face touts outside, straight to Thai limousine counter. 2600 Baht to Pattaya, took just 80 minutes to Pattaya Klang.

No worries, great to be back, the weather is unseasonably cooler though. Just 70 degrees at 0900. But I'm not complaining just surprised.

So your limo driver didn't badger you for a big tip this time?

As he shouldn't, I might add.

Well remembered Briggsy....No he was a gentleman. I tipped him 200 THB just for his silence and helpful approach.

I know it is not necessary to tip, but my company pays the fare, so lets face it; 3 quid in his bin might be the difference between a good day and a bad day........

I will only spend it on Chang.....

But, Yes. A good experience at Suvarnabumhi this time.....

Well remembered Briggsy....No he was a gentleman. I tipped him 200 THB just for his silence and helpful approach.

I know it is not necessary to tip, but my company pays the fare, so lets face it; 3 quid in his bin might be the difference between a good day and a bad day........

I will only spend it on Chang.....

A good reply and a nice outlook on life.