French Tourist Caught Up In Jomtien Bag Snatch Case.

Pattaya_Fox

French Tourist caught up in Jomtien bag snatch case.

In the early hours of Wednesday Morning, Police Captain Somshai from Dongtan Police Sub-Station located on Jomtien beach dealt with a case of theft involving a female French Tourist. Mrs. Fatima Chokri aged 55 from France complained to Police that two Thai Men had taken her handbag in Soi Watboonganjanaram Temple as she was walking along the street. Inside the bag was 4,700 Baht, 150 Euros, and a mobile phone. The victim was able to give detailed descriptions of both men and one of them was quickly caught. Khun Pansak aged 31 who works as a motorbike taxi driver in Jomtien, was brought to the stationhouse and confessed to the crime as he had borrowed cash from a money lender and was under pressure to send the lender some money. Unfortunately his accomplice was not caught and he is thought to be in possession of the stolen bag.

Pattaya City News

Wednesday 5th March 2008

post-15964-1204723715_thumb.jpgpost-15964-1204723727_thumb.jpg

post-15964-1204723683_thumb.jpg

Were we not told that Motor Cycle Taxi Drivers were going to be the eyes and ears of the Police in order to fight crime in Pattaya?

They not only try to be the eyes and ears,they even seem to act as the police. :o

Glad to see the lady was able to keep her wits about her during such a stressful incident and ID the perps. Too bad she didn't (as of time of the report) get the one who had the goods.

I have to say, I have had generally good dealings with the moto guys but use them very little as drive my own car or chopper. I think for the most part, they are a decent hardworking bunch (if a little bit mercenary) [i have put on my asbestos suit so flame away :o ] and there are always going to be a few bad apples in any large group of people.