Hotel Selection Help For A 1st Timer To Koh Chang

fm2002

Wondering if any of you out there can help me out. Been trying to do research on finding a place to stay on Koh Chang. Plan on traveling there in about a week or two. To be specific looking for a place on the beach side of the road, pool, aircon, nice beach for around 2000 baht. I'll be traveling there with my Thai girlfriend and will have my own truck. I like to people watch so daytime beach activity would be nice. I really like Koh Chang Kacha Resort and Spa, but a decent room is over 3000 baht.

Side note: also would like to get to one of the outer islands for a night or two. Any roll out of your bed into the ocean type places for around 2000 baht ???

Edited by fm2002

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wondering if any of you out there can help me out. Been trying to do research on finding a place to stay on Koh Chang. Plan on traveling there in about a week or two. To be specific looking for a place on the beach side of the road, pool, aircon, nice beach for around 2000 baht. I'll be traveling there with my Thai girlfriend and will have my own truck. I like to people watch so daytime beach activity would be nice. I really like Koh Chang Kacha Resort and Spa, but a decent room is over 3000 baht.

Side note: also would like to get to one of the outer islands for a night or two. Any roll out of your bed into the ocean type places for around 2000 baht ???

Id say one of the nicest places on Koh Chang would be around Kai Bae, Garden Resort is about 150 mts from the beach and has a nice custom pool made by divers, very little chlorine and excellent water. Their prices are between 2200 and 2500

As for going to one of the islands, Koh Mak has a place called monkey island resort, its right where the speedboat ferry from koh chang stops. 1800 baht for an airconditioned *nice* bungalow on the beach.

You could do worse than google "Koh Chang guidebook"