Thai Police Probe Uk Man's Death In Phetchabun

george

Thai police probe UK man's death

PHETCHABUN: -- Police in Thailand are investigating the death of a Teesside man, the Foreign Office has confirmed.

The body of Ivor Chandler from Skelton, near Saltburn, was found on 6 March in the northern Phetchabun province.

The retired ICI worker, aged in his 50s, made regular trips to Thailand to visit his girlfriend who lives in the country, according to his family.

The circumstances surrounding his death are being treated as suspicious by the Thai authorities.

Mr Chandler's cousin, also called Ivor Chandler, said family members had flown out to Thailand in an attempt to find out what had happened.

Quiet man

He said: "He was always flitting off to Thailand.

"I know he had been going out there a good few years. Then all of a sudden this happened.

"He always seemed quiet enough and was not the type to go out looking for trouble."

A Foreign Office spokesman said: "We are aware of the death of a British national in Phetchabun.

"We are providing consular support to the family and the Thai police are investigating the death.

"We have no more details surrounding the death at the moment."

-- BBC 2008-03-12

PHETCHABUN: -- Police in Thailand are investigating the death of a Teesside man, the Foreign Office has confirmed.

<deleted> me, is this violence getting too close to home! This is downright scary! I'm going to have to make some inquiries and see if there is any village scuttlebutt on this unfortunate event.

Are there any other details about what area of northern Phetch this unfortunate event took place in. It is a big province and there are lots of towns and villages. Lom Sak and Lom Kao are the only sizeable towns to the north of Phetch city.

RIP and condolences to the family.

<deleted> me, is this violence getting too close to home! This is downright scary! I'm going to have to make some inquiries and see if there is any village scuttlebutt on this unfortunate event.

Are there any other details about what area of northern Phetch this unfortunate event took place in. It is a big province and there are lots of towns and villages. Lom Sak and Lom Kao are the only sizeable towns to the north of Phetch city.

RIP and condolences to the family.

I have posted more details under Thai News Clippings.