Two Dead In High Speed Motorbike Crash On Larn Island.

Pattaya_Fox

Two dead in high speed motorbike crash on Larn Island.

We now report on a fatal road accident which occurred on Larn Island located 4kms off the coast of Pattaya. The crash occurred on Wednesday Morning and claimed the life of an Estonian Tourist; Mr. Miloslav aged 42 and a Thai Man. The crash involved two motorbikes that collided head-on at a high rate of speed. One motorbike was driven by Mr. Miloslav with his girlfriend Miss Arena aged 36 from Russia riding as passenger. She sustained head injuries but is expected to make a full recovery. The other bike was driven by Khun Parait, a rescue volunteer from Nontaburi Province who had come to the Island for a Holiday with his two friends who were riding as passengers on the bike when the collision took place. The passengers sustained minor injuries, Khun Pairat lost his life. Mr. Miloslav apparently survived the crash but was pronounced dead when he was transferred to the mainland.

Pattaya City News

Wednesday 12th March 2008

post-15964-1205329161_thumb.jpg

Very nasty one this.

I was thinking, how could this be a head on?

Maybe the Estonian victim was driving on the wrong side of the road.

A lesson to us all. Remember Thailand drive on the left just like England.

Oh come on Labia, it's not exactly a rare sight to see a Thai riding at high speed on the wrong side of the road either. Best wait for more info before blaming either party.

RIP to both

Very nasty one this.

In a weird coincidence I just happened to be there on Wednesday morning.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Being a small island without traffic or lane markers it would be very easy for the Estonian to revert to the right side of the road....however in this case the Thai man was the victim, not the Estonian.

Hardly anyone wears helmets on Koh Larn either.

There could be a lesson in this. With all the Russian (Eastern Eurpeans) on Koh Larn renting motorbikes it could become very dangerous to ride a bike there. You're coming round one of the tight, blind bends hugging the left side of the road, and wham...head into a speeding Russian hugging his right side. Even taking it slow, the risk is high.

Edited by tropo

Very nasty one this.

In a weird coincidence I just happened to be there on Wednesday morning.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Being a small island without traffic or lane markers it would be very easy for the Estonian to revert to the right side of the road....however in this case the Thai man was the victim, not the Estonian.

Hardly anyone wears helmets on Koh Larn either.

There could be a lesson in this. With all the Russian (Eastern Eurpeans) on Koh Larn renting motorbikes it could become very dangerous to ride a bike there. You're coming round one of the tight, blind bends hugging the left side of the road, and wham...head into a speeding Russian hugging his right side. Even taking it slow, the risk is high.

So ban all rented motore vehicles from Koh Larn.

If tourists want to get to another beach, they have to rent boat (with crew). Keeps more Thais employed.

So ban all rented motore vehicles from Koh Larn.

If tourists want to get to another beach, they have to rent boat (with crew). Keeps more Thais employed.

A tourist can get to "another beach" for 20 baht on a motorcycle taxi. I once rented a motorcycle there, but there is not enough road there to make it worth while.

It's definitely a scary idea to be riding motorcycles on winding roads with a bunch of left and right hand drivers from different parts of the world.