Insult To Esarn Ladies

Thaicoon

I found a post on google about an American fella from Buriram, I think it is disgusting what he has written about Esarn Ladies, i think this guy has insulted most of us guys who have esarn girlfreinds, wives, you can not tar every esarn girl with the same brush, i know there are some bad ones out there but also some very good ones that look after there ferrang husbands and we do the same, it is the same the world over good and bad, this guy is saying 99.999 % of issarn girls are liers, cheats etc, this is so sad this guy thinks this.

I know he got ripped off, you read his post and you will know why says it all.

what are your views on this guys, as he has upset myself, i have a brilliant wife and love her to bits.

here is the link

http://www.phenchaloemphol.com/

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the lad is jaded - don't confuse his anger and his lust for revenge as meaningful - I actually feel sorry for him. Hard to be unbiased when you've been tread over. :o

I also feel sorry for what has been done, but know way he should of said all esarn girls the same, out of order.

I found a post on google about an American fella from Buriram, I think it is disgusting what he has written about Esarn Ladies, i think this guy has insulted most of us guys who have esarn girlfreinds, wives, you can not tar every esarn girl with the same brush, i know there are some bad ones out there but also some very good ones that look after there ferrang husbands and we do the same, it is the same the world over good and bad, this guy is saying 99.999 % of issarn girls are liers, cheats etc, this is so sad this guy thinks this.

what are your views on this guys, as he has upset myself, i have a brilliant wife and love her to bits.

here is the link

Take no notice of one guy - its not worth letting it get to you.

You can see the same sentiments in many places - Stickmans Readers Submissions spring to mind if I can remember.

We all know thats not true, but its true for him.

Just give your wife a joop and thank buddha how lucky you are that you have found such a gem. :o

well said mate i am very lucky to have found such a gem. :D

here is the link

You can see the same sentiments in many places - Stickmans Readers Submissions spring to mind if I can remember.

I disagree totally. Guys should take very careful notice. By telling people to take no notice and not heed the warnings is irresponsible.

However, I do agree it is not worth letting it get to you.

Western men should be extremely careful. Extremely careful here in Thailand.

Yes youré right there lots of examples about this topic in many places. Where there is smoke, there is fire. The bottom line... there are many good, honest Thai women out there, BUT for goodness sake be very careful. When you come to Thailand, and I know this is a big ask, but try to think with your head first before your dick.

here is the link

I disagree totally. Guys should take very careful notice. By telling people to take no notice and not heed the warnings is irresponsible.

However, I do agree it is not worth letting it get to you.

Western men should be extremely careful. Extremely careful here in Thailand.

Yes youré right there lots of examples about this topic in many places. Where there is smoke, there is fire. The bottom line... there are many good, honest Thai women out there, BUT for goodness sake be very careful. When you come to Thailand, and I know this is a big ask, but try to think with your head first before your dick.

There is an old saying, do not leave your Brain on the plane, Whilst coming to Thailand.

Yeah, IF it's truly as he reports it here, then a sad, sad story - however, you could just tell by the sub-headings at the top of the page that it wasn't going to be an objective piece, and his later assertions about "99.999% of Isaan people are blah blah blah" is just obvious nonsense! Bit like saying that all 60M of us Brits are lager louts ... oh, err, that's not right ... :o

He is entitled to his opinion, of course, and there's some mileage in the 'don't leave your brain on the plane at BKK' type comments - but let's face it, that is EXACTLY what this bloke did... all the warning signs were there, but he convinced himself to ignore them ... shot himself in the foot and no mistake ...

Nevertheless, a sad story from which neither party emerges with much credit or self-respect.

CC

There are ruthless, money-grabbing opportunists no matter where you look. Single male Farang who go to hooker bars in Bangkok and Pattaya tend to come into contact with it more than most people as they are the more lucrative targets. It certainly is not unique to Isan or anywhere else.

Many men fall victim in this way because they have no idea about Thai culture. It's all about survival here and getting a farang husband will usually guarantee a financially secure future. Thais call it "Finding money', and opening your legs for relatively large amounts of the stuff is quite acceptable for some and seen as the ultimate sacrifice by their family.

I can understand this guy's attitude because he has been hurt, big time, and the only people from this area he has had contact with have been involved in ripping him off. The guy is obviously naive and not so bright to allow his balls to do the thinking for him in that situation. In Thailand, a heavily tattooed girl in a bar is not going to be a librarian or a nurse.

I live in a small farming village in the north and I know of a number of 'ladies' who are getting monthly payments from many guys. One is driving around in a large new car, bought with the money she collects from seven foreign men, all back in their countries, working hard to send money back to 'their woman' in Thailand who they probably think is pining for their return to live happily ever after. The community, while generally looking down on her, think the guys involved are dam_n fools for being taken this way, but they consider all farang to be rich and able to afford it anyway. I know of girls who know they have HIV but still have unprotected sex with guys because they get more money for it that way. I'm sure the majority of bar girls are nice people, but many are extremely selfish, dishonest, scheming opportunists who will stop at nothing to get whatever is free for the stealing.

That said, they are few and far between. The vast majority of women anywhere in Thailand are modest, honest, moral people.

Those foreigners who have come here and found a bar girl to marry who is genuine and sincere are lucky, but we tend not to hear about them because there’s nothing to report. I know so many who have told me of their personal bad experiences because they come from a culture where 'I love you' means something quite different from the Thai interpretation.

The guys naivety is what got him to where he is now. Perhaps he will have learned some valuable lessons about the world he lives in.

Edited by maisampatpom

Yes very sad indeed. 99% is a bit high. I have now lived here in Isan for 3 Years been comming to Thailand for 30 years. All emember love is blind. My wife has tryed to do some stupid things influenced by friends and Family. Quick trip to my solicitor with family and friends. Soon stoped it.

I do feel sorry for him but just look at the pictures Isan Gold Girl. Do they and there family love It.

There is without a doubt a big problem in the Isan area in the way some of the girls are brought up. If you are going to get involved with a Bar girl beware. Thats if from Isan or else where.

Dont let some of these threads get you down that is just someone who has had a bad experince venting his anger.

PS I am very lucky when my wife has done stupid things my mother in Law has always been on my side . By the way because of there lack of command of the English language and our inability to understand Lao lots of things are not lies you just have to spend the time to ensure you understand them and they understand you. I could give you countless examples of people being dishonest the world over.

He dived in "on the second day he loved her to the ends of the earth" without looking. The red flags were there and he ignored it. I know it's an old story with a thousand (ok more than a thousand faces) faces, but still 99.999whatever% is very harsh.

Hopefully time will heal him and he can perhaps edit his web page before he has too many regrets. (karma)

"Single male Farang who go to hooker bars in Bangkok and Pattaya tend to come into contact with it more than most people as they are the more lucrative targets"

I do not get this bit - how are they more lucrative?

The most well off guy's I have been out with in Thailand (GBP millionaires and I mean income per year not total assets) tended not to go to these places much!

The rest of the post is quite good though and one many can probably identify with. I guess I am lucky as it only cost me a pair of Timberland shoes when I split up with the ex (they were nice though and she had goodtaste)

Edited by Prakanong

"Single male Farang who go to hooker bars in Bangkok and Pattaya tend to come into contact with it more than most people as they are the more lucrative targets"

The most well off guy's I have been out with in Thailand (GBP millionaires and I mean income per year not total assets) tended not to go to these places much!

The rest of the post is quite good though and one many can probably identify with. I guess I am lucky as it only cost me a pair of Timberland shoes when I split up with the ex (they were nice though and she had goodtaste)

Perhaps he should have substituted "gullible" for "lucrative". Maybe because I have an Isan wife, I have very little sympathy for this bloke. Harsh, perhaps, but don't forget that we're be only getting his side of the story.

Perhaps he should have substituted "gullible" for "lucrative". Maybe because I have an Isan wife, I have very little sympathy for this bloke. Harsh, perhaps, but don't forget that we're be only getting his side of the story.

Yeah, gullible and not lucrative

There are Gold Diggers in most countries,not just thailand, how many soldiers in the 50,s and 60,s married overseas brides only to find out afew weeks after the wedding that the children the loved one was supposedly babysitting were hers :o and as soon as the old man was away on exercise or on standby, the OMO packet (Old Mans Out!!) appeared in the living room windows.its just that thailand has become the main goal for the lonely middle aged single man and they are easy targets for some unscrupolous ladies, it is just not fair to insult the isaan ladies, so he got ripped off he must take some of the blame for thinking with his Dick :D Nignoy

I can't believe I've just contributed to the visitor statistics of that site :o

Sites like that say more about they author than they do if the subject of discussion. But at least he's had some black magic done on her...

It has to be a windup.

I suppose that, from the BG's point of view, the patrons of a BKK/Pattaya "hooker-bar" are lucrative insofar as they're never going to meet the really loaded amongst us. I would propose that there is a sort-of natural selection at work here. Guys that frequent these places are going to be thinking with their small head and, later in the night, will have beer-goggles firmly attached. They're almost begging to be ripped-off. The more cerebral types wouldn't meet these girls in the first place and therefore tend to have more positive views of Thailand as a whole and Isan in particular. I mean, if the only places one visited in the West were dodgy establishments, what views would one form of the girls at home?

I suppose that, from the BG's point of view, the patrons of a BKK/Pattaya "hooker-bar" are lucrative insofar as they're never going to meet the really loaded amongst us. I would propose that there is a sort-of natural selection at work here. Guys that frequent these places are going to be thinking with their small head and, later in the night, will have beer-goggles firmly attached. They're almost begging to be ripped-off. The more cerebral types wouldn't meet these girls in the first place and therefore tend to have more positive views of Thailand as a whole and Isan in particular. I mean, if the only places one visited in the West were dodgy establishments, what views would one form of the girls at home?

I think you're a being bit naive - you'd be surprised who actually frequents these bars, not to mention those who've had their fingers burnt, although the two very cerebral types that I know of could certainly afford to lose a few bob, so in that sense, they weren't bitter, not like this chap anyway.

After reading the entire article, any sympathy I had for this guy has been lost. I suspect the article may break certain laws, libel, privacy and so on.

In a small way I feel sorry for the guy. What I have a difficult time understanding is how young men can come to Thailand or any country with no money and expect to live. Thailand is less expensive than the states granted but it still takes MONEY to live, food, housing and hospital cost. His trip to the hospital in Bangkok had to be paid.

Too bad he was screwed or taken for a ride or was he. He only worked 2 months in the states was coming off a divorce, called 6 times a day, shipped his property to Thailand and flew over. He was with the g/f a couple of months what did they live on?? Too many points in his writing that makes him look a bit unsteady in life to me.

I was very lucky My Thai/Cambodian/Issan wife is perfect and I consider myself to be a very, very luck man.

Thailand may not be perfect but it all I want is on my small Issan rice farm. :o

I think you're a being bit naive - you'd be surprised who actually frequents these bars, not to mention those who've had their fingers burnt, although the two very cerebral types that I know of could certainly afford to lose a few bob, so in that sense, they weren't bitter, not like this chap anyway.

After reading the entire article, any sympathy I had for this guy has been lost. I suspect the article may break certain laws, libel, privacy and so on.

Yeah, perhaps. Maybe not so much naive, more just lacking in first-hand knowledge. I have to admit to never having been to one of these places; they just don't appeal to me. I was using my experience of these sort of places in Europe that I did visit in my younger, more boisterous days and extrapolated that to Thailand. I wouldn't go so far as to say that all the girls who work in bars are bad 'uns; that would be just as bad as this hapless American. But, let's face it, a lot of them are going to have a pretty mercenary view on life and will swoop on the unwary. I read his post with a growing loss of sympathy; when he got to the "black magic" bit, well, what did you think? :o

Yeah, perhaps. Maybe not so much naive, more just lacking in first-hand knowledge. I have to admit to never having been to one of these places; they just don't appeal to me. I was using my experience of these sort of places in Europe that I did visit in my younger, more boisterous days and extrapolated that to Thailand. I wouldn't go so far as to say that all the girls who work in bars are bad 'uns; that would be just as bad as this hapless American. But, let's face it, a lot of them are going to have a pretty mercenary view on life and will swoop on the unwary. I read his post with a growing loss of sympathy; when he got to the "black magic" bit, well, what did you think? :o

He certainly seems a bit unstable. It's interesting that from the very start, it's clear that he was the one who wanted this relationship to develop - not her. He seems to have proceeded without caution, despite her obvious reservations & thrown money into a project, that he clearly couldn't afford.

Why be upset? He is just one more gullible farang who was outsmarted by a country girl with very little education. He should be ashamed to tell that story because it describes just how stupid he was. If stupidity was painful, he would be really hurting. Just another prime example of a man having two heads but only enough blood to run one at a time. The blood does switch back and forth and when it did go to his main head, he ignored all the warnings.

There are thousands of very similar stories and many of our board members have had similar experiences. Unfortunately there are far more stories to come because of the disease that makes men say and think, "My girl is different".

I have been very happy and content with my Isaan wife, but if it were to turn bad, I wouldn't be crying about it. She is an exceptional lady to be able to put up with this crotchety old fart.