New Hosting Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 10:50
Wizzard of Oz

Anyone Know About Eczema?

Just wondering if someone has (or knows someone who has) eczema?

I've just started googling, but thought someone might have dealt with it and be able to give me a head start in helping out a friend who seems to have it (and has dealt with a couple of rude and not particularly helpful doctors) and is getting stressed because the affected area has gotten larger.

I think she has used steroid cream, which worked initially, but the symptoms came back after stopping that.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

I used to have it, and also used steroid cream and had the same experience... worked initially but came back.

I know the anti-atkins folks are gonna hate me for this, but my eczema finally disappeared by itself pretty quickly when I adapted a low-carb lifestyle.

Edit: Due to typo.

Edited by junkofdavid2

I used to have it, and also used steroid cream and had the same experience... worked initially but came back.

I know the anti-atkins folks are gonna hate me for this, but my eczema finally disappeared by itself pretty quickly when I adapted a low-carb lifestyle.

In what way do you think a low carb diet helps?

junk, thought of getting tested for celiac disease? I don't think carbs have anything to do with eczema.

In what way do you think a low carb diet helps?

I have absolutely no idea... I was just stating fact regarding my actual experience.

Edited by junkofdavid2

I used to have cyrisis(sp) and the wife got me a cream in Bangkok called Betnovate-N. I had had this since i was about 7 years old. So i kind of got used to it. But the wife insisted on trying this cream. Within a couple of months it was gone. Totally gone. We have since advised some friends about it and they are also happy with the reults. Give it a go.

Just wondering if someone has (or knows someone who has) eczema?

I've just started googling, but thought someone might have dealt with it and be able to give me a head start in helping out a friend who seems to have it (and has dealt with a couple of rude and not particularly helpful doctors) and is getting stressed because the affected area has gotten larger.

I think she has used steroid cream, which worked initially, but the symptoms came back after stopping that.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

This is an article from last Thursday:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7291783.stm

Try to find a specialized Chinese doctor; it depends where your friend is/lives.

Some of them, not all, are the best to treat eczema with traditional herbs.

Good luck !

LaoPo

I get it on my face every so often. I use Elidel, a cream available by prescription, though any pharmacy in Thailand will sell it to you. Apply it twice a day for about a week, until it clears up.

Eczema can be an allergic reaction. So if a person had an allergy to something like wheat causing the eczema, a low-carb diet would definitely help clear it up!

Here's a quote from DrGreene.com:

Many different things can be the irritating agent or trigger. Here is a list of common triggers to watch for:

Rubbing the skin

Moisture, such as saliva or milk

Overheating

Common housedust

Wool or other scratchy fabric

Dog or cat dander

Cigarette smoke

Clothes washed in irritating detergent

Body soap

Water

I had eczema horribly in childhood, on the backs of my knees. I would literally scratch until I bled. Good luck with this!

I had excema as a child and was told not to eat pork, chocolate and milk. But there are many different kinds of excema and there seems to be no cure-all. Try to apply medicinal creams but if it persists you may consider cutting certain foods for a month to see if it helps. Also consider your environment - did you get a cat, did you get different bedding, did you buy new plans/flowers to decorate the house, etc.

Eczema can be an allergic reaction. So if a person had an allergy to something like wheat causing the eczema, a low-carb diet would definitely help clear it up!

Here's a quote from DrGreene.com:

Many different things can be the irritating agent or trigger. Here is a list of common triggers to watch for:

Rubbing the skin

Moisture, such as saliva or milk

Overheating

Common housedust

Wool or other scratchy fabric

Dog or cat dander

Cigarette smoke

Clothes washed in irritating detergent

Body soap

Water

I had eczema horribly in childhood, on the backs of my knees. I would literally scratch until I bled. Good luck with this!

Environment is a big factor. Consider moving if you can't isolate the cause another way. I had a patch of eczema on my foot while I lived in Japan that didn't completely heal until I left there for good!

This is an allergic skin condition.

Once established, it will react to ANY irritant. Perfumed lotions and soaps are bad.

Creams are bad.

Use ointments (fatty/oily), NOT creams (dehydrating). Betnovate etc are all good alternatives but, as anywhere in medicine, use the one with the desired effect but with the lowest profile of side effects. Most steroid applications will cause an undesired effect on skin thickness and resilience. Momethasone (generic name) has less and there are some newer alternatives which may even be better.

Eczema is just one of the many manifestations of the body trying to rid itself of internal toxins, mostly from ingestion of cooked and junk foods.

You need the raw primal or paleo diet to detox. www.primaldiet.com www.wewant2live.com Lots of raw fish, meat, eggs, coconuts.

Forget about the creams, drugs and other band-aids. The right cleansing comes from the inside out.

Of course, if you've fallen for the medical mafia's germ theory, forget it ... and learn to live with the eczema!

Eczema is just one of the many manifestations of the body trying to rid itself of internal toxins, mostly from ingestion of cooked and junk foods.

You need the raw primal or paleo diet to detox. www.primaldiet.com www.wewant2live.com Lots of raw fish, meat, eggs, coconuts.

Forget about the creams, drugs and other band-aids. The right cleansing comes from the inside out.

Of course, if you've fallen for the medical mafia's germ theory, forget it ... and learn to live with the eczema!

Great way to get rid of eczema!

Now as for the salmonella and e-coli... :o

Ok, Trevor, then explain how my eczema disappeared completely once the irritant was removed, with no change whatever in my average American diet? It seems that my mother's habit of hemming all my skirts to mid-knee was the irritant. They barely grazed the back of my knees as I walked. When I begged her to either shorten or lengthen them she complied, and my eczema vanished. What convinced her I wasn't just making a play for the newly fashionable miniskirt was that I didn't care whether she chose to make them longer or shorter. :o

I support you in your right to eat however you choose. I even agree that the average Western diet is less than optimal. However, to offer your single-minded dietary cure-all for all the ills anybody post here is irresponsible. At the bare minimum, have you ever even experienced eczema? I'm afraid some gullible soul might actually follow some of your advice. Raw fish and meat...can you say "parasitic infestation?"

• Like 2