Anyone Know About Eczema?

Wizzard of Oz

As a child I found that excluding eggs reduced the incidence of eczema, I had a bout on my hands during my mid twenties that disappeared after using betnovate and a moisturising cream, I used to paste my hand and then drive for an hour or so. After a few weeks it was gone. None since.

I think the Boots chain of stores do stock it.

Thanks I will them again in a different store the one I tried yesterday had mainly their own brand

Tried another Boots they only sell Sebamed for adults they do not sell baby stuff thanks anyway

I have had eczema off and on since birth.

Diet has never featured in any conversation on the topic with a doctor I have had, ever, anywhere in the world.

There are many reasons as to why it might flair up, but for me stress and/or illness seems to be the most common reason.

There is no cure, but for treatment I also suggest betnovate; it truly works wonders, for me.

However, to keep the attacks at bay learn to manage stress.

I agree,stress can be a major factor,found betnovate very good though.

• 2 years later...

Anyone familiar with Seborrhoeic dermatitis? This is one of the many kinds of eczema. And where in bangkok can i go for ths problem?

Please help!!!

Edited by lopburi3
change to normal font

Hi,

I'm sure somebody has suggested this already but I can't be bothered to read the entire thread.

Go low carb for a while. Cut out grains, potatoes, fruit and see if that helps. If not, then don't bother with low-carb/gluten free. The theory is that eczema might be caused by harmful fungus/bacteria feeding off of glucose in the blood stream. Candidia etc.

Try taking probiotics like kefir, yogurt, kimchi etc as much as possible. You want live beneficial bacteria colonies that reside in your tummy to grow in numbers.

Personally I have eczema as well and if I'm not careful, it comes back intermittently on days I eat crappy processed food. However since I've started exercising and eating food at home, it has pretty much gone. I still see hints of it from time to time but it's mostly gone. I probably had it because of systemic inflammation and exercise/good diet helped with that. I also take 5000 to 10000 IU of vitamin D3 daily along with a high-potency multivitamin (Opti-Women by optimum nutrition). One or all of these factors together have helped kick 99% of my symptoms to the curb.

Hope this helps and good luck to your friend. :)

• 6 years later...

Hi, I am sharing my friend's eczema cure story with great excitement and hope more sufferers can be released from eczema.

My friend has suffered from eczema since childhood(around 1 year old). At first, it was small blisters but later turned into red patches, itchiness, scaly skin all over her body, from head to toe. Her mother has to wash bedsheet, pillow case every day to maintain a clean environment. The clothes she wears have to be carefully selected otherwise condition gets worse. Now she is studying in university and when exams were coming, which increased her stress level, her skin became more itchy. She is an enthusiastic sweets lover, but sugar makes her skin condition very bad so she had to quit eating cakes, chocolate, desserts and many other foods. She has only very limited food choices. Even sunlight will increase her itchiness so she had to avoid going out in the daytime or mostly staying in shady places. There were countless nights she could not fall into sleep because her skin was too itchy and she kept scratching. In high school, once the condition was so bad that she had to be admitted to hospital for over six months treatment. I believe every eczema sufferer understands how painful and unpleasant the life is.

Few months ago(2018), my friend's father went back Sri Lanka to seek traditional treatment for his spine compression from a doctor in a remote village. On hearing his daughter's eczema, the doctor recommended a herbal oil. At first, my friend's family were doubtful with that, because they tried Ayurveda oils before but it didn't work. However, the doctor has strong confidence and my friend's father decided to give it a try. In merely four months time, my friend's skin is almost cured after over 20 years of suffering. My friend's family are very grateful for the doctor. The doctor has practiced Ayurveda one generation after another generation in his family, and they have their own authentic formula dated as far as 10 centuries. That's why his herbal oils really works effectively, while others are not working.

Any one who would like to know more information about my friends eczema, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

I get patches which are very dry and treat with mosituriser and sometimes steroid cream. Sometimes steroid cream has completely healed an area.

I also get bumpy very itchy areas, and I treat them with 70% isopropyl alcohol, but only once a day, because it can irritate. This kills bacteria and works because sometimes bacteria are involved with eczema, see below. But note that the medical industry does not make money from this so it is not promoted.

Diet is often involved, especially dairy and other animal products, which generally cause inflammation. An extreme elimination diet can be tried: https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/health-science/common-health-problems/allergic-reactions-to-food/

Use a methodical approach and test different treatments to see what works.

One example of recent research: 

Staphylococcus aureus has long been associated with atopic dermatitis.  It appears to occur at relatively high abundances in the areas of skin that are affected.  Then again, S. aureus is a one of the most common skin microbiome bacteria (it is ubiquitous around the world), and it has yet to be definitively connected to the disease.  In addition, mouse models for many skin diseases, including this one, do not exist or are insufficient, so controllably studying the atopic dermatitis is difficult.  Recently though, a team of scientists from Japan and the NIH developed a mouse model for atopic dermatitis, and made a new discovery that showed S. aureus can indeed drive skin inflammation.  They published their results in Cell immunity.

On 3/14/2008 at 12:02 PM, Wizzard of Oz said:

I've just started googling, but thought someone might have dealt with it and be able to give me a head start in helping out a friend who seems to have it (and has dealt with a couple of rude and not particularly helpful doctors) and is getting stressed because the affected area has gotten larger.

She needs to consult a competent doctor, friend of mine thought he had eczema, I though he had eczema, when he eventually went to a doctor was told it was herpes. He's been self medicating the completely wrong medicine.