Current Account Only After 6 Months?

raro

just wanted to open a new bank account for the company. Although we have already existing accounts with other banks (but in an other province which is a bit of a pain...) and our company exists for almost ten years, we are required to open first a saving account for the company and only then I can open a current account.

Bangkok Bank says that this is a regulation from the bank of Thailand.

Anybody else heard about this?

• 3 weeks later...
just wanted to open a new bank account for the company. Although we have already existing accounts with other banks (but in an other province which is a bit of a pain...) and our company exists for almost ten years, we are required to open first a saving account for the company and only then I can open a current account.

Stay clear of Bangkok Bank! I recommend Kasikorn

Stay clear of Bangkok Bank! I recommend Kasikorn

could you elaborate why?

I actually opened the Bangkok Bank saving account and we just received the internet banking kit with the token. Will report later how it works.

Had a Kasikorn account with internet banking, rather complicated.

Had a Siam Commercial account with internet banking, the geeks from Bangkok came to see me three times and found out that there were still not enough papers signed for whatever purpose and I eventually booted them all out.

…Bangkok Bank says that this is a regulation from the bank of Thailand.

I doubt it very much. Probably an internal policy of Bangkok Bank. Whenever a bank doesn’t want to do something they claim it is a regulation of the Bank of Thailand, but when you ask them to give you a copy of said regulation they are unable to do so.

--

Maestro

…Bangkok Bank says that this is a regulation from the bank of Thailand.

I doubt it very much. Probably an internal policy of Bangkok Bank. Whenever a bank doesn't want to do something they claim it is a regulation of the Bank of Thailand, but when you ask them to give you a copy of said regulation they are unable to do so.

--

Maestro

..as in my case :o

I spoke to the Siam Commercial branch Manager in Ban Chang and he never heard of such regulation. Anyways, Bangkok Bank is insisting on this procedure and no way around....

As I will close my other two accounts, there won't be any cheques for the time being and those who cannot handle getting the money transferred have to pick up cash at my office.... :D

Krungsri is more 'friendly' and even international transfers are better arranged then with Kasikorn. Kasikorn is a pain in the @ss as is Bangkok Bank. I tried them all, and Krungsri is the least painfull.

Siam a close 2nd.

What are government regulations and restrictions with one bank (Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn) they never heard of any such things with Khrungsri. They are bank regulations and they tell you it is government regulations because then it is not their fault. Totally immature, and certainly not worth my money. Because at many circumstances you can not freely use it as you please.