Xbox 360 Problem

JonnyF

My XBOX 360 has lost the display - the power still works and the sound of the game comes out of the TV but the screen is blank. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm guessing it could be the cable from the console to the TV but it happened just after I moved house so I'm wondering if it got jolted during the move and I've knocked something out of place inside the console.

Has this happened to anyone else, does anyone have any ideas? Or know of anywhere to get it looked at, preferably in Phuket but if not in Bangkok?

Thanks,

Have you flipped the hidef switch on the component output ??

Good call. That could be it. BTW of topic. Has anyone who's playing COD4(or any other game) had a problem shutting down their console after playing? I did. But i bought an external fan that attaches to the 360 and that seems to have solved the problem.

Have you flipped the hidef switch on the component output ??

Yeah I tried that, it's strange because when I got it to the new place it had switched to HD (my TV is not HD), probably due to handling during the move, but I switched it back and it still didn't work. Maybe it's got stuck on the HD setting?

Also, I'm not sure why my other thread was closed, that one was asking where in Phuket to get it repaired, and this one is asking (primarily) if anyone knows what the problem is. That is 2 different questions in what I thought was the appropriate place. I guess now I won't be able to get any responses in the Phuket forum about where to get the thing repaired :o

Edited by JonnyF

I have another problem. (its happened twice) I start up the 360 and the Tv. Everything starts ok. But its black and white. :D I then have to physically switch off the TV and then start it again. It then becomes ok. :o Strange.