Good Places To Live

Due East

In your humble opinion:

Any thoughts on possible nice places to live in Central Thailand, for someone who doesn't know the area well? Ideal criteria:

Reasonably easy to access Suvarnabhumi (maybe 2 hrs, max. 3 hrs or so, with good transport links)

Large town or small city; not isolated but not overdeveloped or too congested

Not very touristy

Nice physical atmosphere, and friendly

Reasonably good services

Reasonably close to mountains, parks etc. (beach access less important)

If you've found it, stay there.

Thanks for any ideas.

In your humble opinion:

Any thoughts on possible nice places to live in Central Thailand, for someone who doesn't know the area well? Ideal criteria:

Reasonably easy to access Suvarnabhumi (maybe 2 hrs, max. 3 hrs or so, with good transport links)

Large town or small city; not isolated but not overdeveloped or too congested

Not very touristy

Nice physical atmosphere, and friendly

Reasonably good services

Reasonably close to mountains, parks etc. (beach access less important)

If you've found it, stay there.

Thanks for any ideas.

Chanthaburi

try petchabun. about 3 hours north of bkk. hardly see any farang tourists, mainly thai. surrounded by beautiful mountains and scenery, even have hilltribes in the mountains. ideal weather, not too hot not too cold. even thinking of relocating myself there in the next few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have lived Buriram rural flat and just rice fields, now I am in Petchabun what a difference, the scenery mountains everything is green: I am on a housing complex very quiet mixture Thais and Farang right on the main route 21, as said earlier easy access north and south love it up here.

I stayed in a village near Loei and was pleased to leave. Loei is a large city but no Farang food could I find, a I found a Tesco but it was closed after 3 months of opening:

But very shortly Tesco and Big'c' will be opening in Petchabun right on the Route 21

Prachinburi province. Located right next to Kao Yai national park. BigC & Lotus here. About 2 hrs from airport half hour from Nakhon Nayok & nice scenery there. Night life is slow though...each to their own choices.

Kanchanaburi

In your humble opinion:

Reasonably easy to access Suvarnabhumi (maybe 2 hrs, max. 3 hrs or so, with good transport links) Yes

Large town or small city; not isolated but not overdeveloped or too congested Yes

Not very touristy "It is a bit, but mostly Thais week-enders"

Nice physical atmosphere, and friendly Yes

Reasonably good services Yes

Reasonably close to mountains, parks etc. (beach access less important) Yes

If you've found it, stay there. Yes

Thanks for any ideas.

Kanchanaburi as I see it

Please visit all places mentioned in this thread, and then you Kan make your own mind up where you wish to live as we all stay in our own paradise. :D

Kan Win :D

P.S. Kan is Due West of Bangkok BTW :o