Swedish Tourists House Burgled

cali4995

source: http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...IdArticle=10647

Few things worse than coming home and finding your place broken into. Knowing

that foreigners are high on the list of possible targets, you have to lock-down your

residence like a bank-vault. I think CCTV systems are also a good deterrent. Or

maybe a big dog or maybe one of those Nepalese Gurkha's with their kukri knives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swedish Tourist’s House Robbed

Pattaya Police received a report that a house break in had occurred on 15th March

in Soi Gorpai.

Officers went to the scene to find that the thieves had entered via the back door.

A number of items were stolen including 10,000 cash from a safe. Fingerprints

were found around the door frame and were taken away as evidence. The Swedish

owner of the house stated that he found the house burgled after returning from

a night out in Pattaya.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

source: http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...IdArticle=10647

Few things worse than coming home and finding your place broken into. Knowing

that foreigners are high on the list of possible targets, you have to lock-down your

residence like a bank-vault. I think CCTV systems are also a good deterrent. Or

maybe a big dog or maybe one of those Nepalese Gurkha's with their kukri knives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swedish Tourist's House Robbed

Pattaya Police received a report that a house break in had occurred on 15th March

in Soi Gorpai.

Officers went to the scene to find that the thieves had entered via the back door.

A number of items were stolen including 10,000 cash from a safe. Fingerprints

were found around the door frame and were taken away as evidence. The Swedish

owner of the house stated that he found the house burgled after returning from

a night out in Pattaya.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mmmm..safe eh....unless you know the combination :o

Knowing that foreigners are high on the list of possible targets, you have to lock-down your

residence like a bank-vault. I think CCTV systems are also a good deterrent.

Thanks Cali for more of your paranoia...I wonder, do you ever get any sleep with all your worries about the muggings, murders, and now burglaries that occur in Pattaya :o

A decent set of doors and locks, along with window bars, should be sufficient for most homes. Also, keeping the combination to your safe secret (or maybe keeping it closed) would prevent thieves from taking money out of it when they burgle your place :D

Also, I would suggest moving out of a farang ghetto condo or housing estate, where all the punters are out chasing Thai poontang till the early morning hours and/or come home so pissed that they just pass-out and wouldn't notice or hear a burgler if they were in their own house, let alone their neighbors'.

As many of these home robberies are probably inside jobs, in that they have often been cased by ladies of the nite who have been brought to the house at one time or another. The information on valuables and access passed on to the lady in question's Thai tirac...may I also suggest that these Lotharios use the readily available short-time hotels for their short-time liaisons...maybe save them so big money in the long-time :D

Edited by jonniebkk