Looking For Short-term Rental Of Apartment In Kanchanaburi

imposter

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here finally posting. I am looking to come to Thailand in a few months and stay for a period of three months in Kanchanaburi. Rather than stay in a guesthouse, I wondered whether I could grab a three-month-term apartment rental instead for my stay. I know people who have successfully managed this in Chiang Mai, but Kanchanaburi is a bit smaller scale. Can anyone recommend what might be the best outlets to find such an apartment? Can't find much on the web about rental in the area. Or is it best just to turn up and ask around in the ex-pat community?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve

I would imagine that it won't be too easy to find an apartment for a 3 month period in K'buri as I'm assuming that you would want a furnished apartment.

There is , however, a place out at Nong Bua that is a sort of homestay. It is about 15 minutes out of town though so you would need to rent a m/c to get around. It's run by a Canadian guy called Stuart together with his missus called Noi. You could give him a bell. His number is 08 7333 5697. If you're dialing from outside Thailand, the country code is 66 and knock off the zero.

Thanks for the responses. I'm really after my own space - a studio apartment perhaps. Nothing too fancy. The necessities are internet, a bed and a reasonably clean bathroom. People tell me I should be able to land something like this for 4000-6000 Baht/month - although I agree that such a short timespan it might be hard to find something. I'm going to turn up and ask around to see what I can get. In the meantime, if anyone else has any contacts that might be able to help, please PM me.

Many thanks

Steve