Very Young Learners - Resources, Games Etc Needed

Krupnik

Hiya. Wonder if anyone with more experience than me can help. Basically I need fun games for very young learners:

Have just started teaching at an International School just three weeks ago. We have just begun a summer school which is running for another five weeks or more which involves two hours a day with 4 and 5 year olds. There is about seven or eight of them. Their English is virtually non existent in the fact that they know some vocabulary and can match words to flashcards like food and animals etc but they don't understand the simplest of questions like how old are you. They do not understand instructions so games have to be very simple so that I can demonstrate what they need to do for them to understand.

I have only been teaching English for one month and have no experience with kids this age. I am really struggling to think of new ideas of games and things to make it fun for them. As it's a summer school there is no curriculum to follow so we can pretty much make it a mish mash of anything to teach. Anyone got any recommendations of games or where I can find games for them? Online or a good book or something I can buy?

Any advice much appreciated I've got so many hours with them left to fill! Thanks!

Krupnik