BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
siamsam

A Year In Udonthani

In my limited heresay experience (UK based) you are able to obtain a 1 year multi-entry visa (90 day entry permit each time) without recourse to offering any financial backing whatsoever, whether you have a Thai wife or not.

Hi, can you recall the type of visa you refer to? I too, no longer have 400Kb to show after paying out for my freak accident!

cheers

A multiple entry Non-Immigrant O class visa from abroad ( but it's not too likely to be granted in the S.E.A region ) Valid for a year and it enables stays of up to 90 days on each entry.

So, no need to show 400,000Bt in yr savings a/c to get a Type "O" (at BNE)?

That'd be right. :o

Totally of the subject but: How about renewing your Non-Imm O visa? Do I have to show 400K or an income?

By the way - I live very comfortably on 20,000 Baht a month in Buriram. House is paid for though.

Hi Lourens.

Are in in Buriram town or out in the scrub?

cheers,

udon :o

In my limited heresay experience (UK based) you are able to obtain a 1 year multi-entry visa (90 day entry permit each time) without recourse to offering any financial backing whatsoever, whether you have a Thai wife or not.

Hi, can you recall the type of visa you refer to? I too, no longer have 400Kb to show after paying out for my freak accident!

cheers

A multiple entry Non-Immigrant O class visa from abroad ( but it's not too likely to be granted in the S.E.A region ) Valid for a year and it enables stays of up to 90 days on each entry.

So, no need to show 400,000Bt in yr savings a/c to get a Type "O" (at BNE)?

Nope, multiple entry (4) non immigrant visa on the bases of marriage to a thai can be obtained in a foreign embassy. This will give you 4 consecutive 90 day periods after each you must do a visa run. No money requirement.

The local embassy just needs proof of marriage. should be no hassel

Calculate the 4 visa runs into your budget at about 3000 bath each (depending on were you stay)

Just did the same and had no trouble with immigration whatsoever.

DN, I'm single but I guess I could rent a defacto for a while.

Would that count? :o

(I'm up for type O renewal b4 Sat)

if your single then i guess it will be more difficult. Non O-a is only for marriage. Non B is for business maybe you can try trough that?

Ask Doc for more info , he nows the complete package.

Think the best you can do is a 90 day tourist visa :o

if your single then i guess it will be more difficult.  Non O-a is only for marriage. Non B is for business maybe you can try trough that? 

Ask Doc for more info , he nows the complete package.

Think the best you can do is a 90 day tourist visa :o

The O-A is only for retirement Dark. A double entry tourist visa extended twice and with one border crossing, gives a 6 month stay

The Dr has been more than helpful, as usual.

Thanx for the responses :o