Eurasia Hotel

Goat Roper

I don't know but will ask and get back to you tonight unless somebody else has beaten me to it. A confusing thing about http://www.hotelthailand.com/chiangmai/eurasia/ which I just checked out, is that it claims to be on Thanon Huay Kaew, and still be "5 minutes from the railway station".

The railway station is on the opposite side of town from Thanon Huay Kaew... at least last time I looked. :o

I don't know but will ask and get back to you tonight unless somebody else has beaten me to it. A confusing thing about http://www.hotelthailand.com/chiangmai/eurasia/ which I just checked out, is that it claims to be on Thanon Huay Kaew, and still be "5 minutes from the railway station".

The railway station is on the opposite side of town from Thanon Huay Kaew... at least last time I looked. :o

Thanks much for your time, the maps I've seen shows it just off the inner ring(main highway) road near the train station. On the surface of what I've read this seems maybe a good place to lay up, price range about Baht 900 per.; book says bungalo style.

Checked with a couple of people in the hotel business here in CM and the word is that it's a decent 3 star hotel with all the basic amenities. Rooms are available both in a 'normal' hotel building and in bungalows. Nothing fantastic, but neither is it overpriced, according to my sources. Apparently they have had some problems getting guests during the low season, to the point where they had to let some staff go on the dreaded 'leave without pay'. Also, the location on the map you found is correct, but hardly the reference address (Huay Kaew Road) on the website I found.

Hope that helps a little at least.

/Meadish

Many thanks for your efforts guys, it is appreciated. I will test this place out my next trip up and let you all know my opinion. We have stayed in several different guest houses in CM that are more than adequate for our needs but one thing that irritates me (no fault of the proprietors) is more times than not parking a vehicle is an issue, this Eurasia hotel told my wife by phone that they have plenty of parking and that each bungalo has it's own parking space. We will see and thanks again.

I've seen the sign. I would NEVER stay there, it's on the ring road highway, absolutely NOTHING of interest close by. I would imagine lost Thai businessmen would stay there. It's not even cheap!! At those rates you can just stay at the Empress Hotel or the Rydges Amora hotel.

Really, many hotels you can park a car. Why not the B.P. City Inn even (Formerly Felix City Inn), around 750 baht I think.

Cheers,

Chanchao

> this Eurasia hotel told my wife by phone that they have plenty

> of parking and that each bungalo has it's own parking space.

So have the "The Great" and the "B.K. 69 Inn" short-time hotels in the Santhitham area. Even have closing doors/curtains in front of your own private parking spot! :o

(Sorry, couldn't resist.. )

Thanks folks for all the help, I failed to say that we are not visiting Chiang Mai as tourists or on holiday. We want some place to stay for a few days that is convenient to get in and out of to head out of the city in a northerly direction. Looking to rent a house in anticipation for moving to Chiang Mai. Will be out most all day every day so all we need is a clean/secure place to stay, don't need fancy food or a pool.

Chanchao the places you mentioned are ok(not the short time places) but would prefer to stay on the cities edge. :o

Tarin Hotel then? It's also on the superhighway ringroad and at least next to the reasonably interesting Wat Jed Yod. :o Gets some tour groups. I think it's 800 baht or so. Big parking area. :D

Thanks Chanchao, I looked the Tarin up and seems to fit our needs. Will give it a try.

Highway Hotel.

Right on the super highway at th eintersection with the road to San kampeng.

400 Baht and cars spaces everywhere.

CTG, not able to find a listing anywhere for this Highway hotel, is it new? Location and price seems ok. :o

CTG, have you actually stayed there? I know it's cheap and looks reasonable from the outside, but I'd have to be a pretty desperate guy on a long distance drive just looking for a place to crash close to the highway to actually stay there..

FYI, two weeks ago my wife(Thai) phoned the Eurasia hotel for a room booking but they were full, told us to try back next month(October), my wife phoned back this morning and guess what, they are fully booked for the entire month of October so it seems they may have something going for them. This place is not a kept secret is it? :D:D

Phoned the Tarin hotel today as well, they only have a few rooms left, the girl at Tarin said they only have parking for a few cars, the price is ok but it seems the car parking issue might make it undesireable. I just do not want the hassle of finding a place to park if we come back to the hotel late.

Has the high season began already?

:o

CTG, have you actually stayed there? I know it's cheap and looks reasonable from the outside

No have you?

Was going as you said by the nice appearance from the outside.

GotRoaper - you worry too much :D

There are hundreds of places to stay. They can not all be full.

CTG, only reporting on what we have discussed here. :o

Also in the sub 500 baht range the choices are many. Likely more than in the 1000 baht range actually. They just don't list them on the hotel booking sites. :D

Chanchao,

Thanks for the attention, We have stayed at several guesthouses and hotels in the Baht 500 range, some good and some very good but parking a vehicle is my only complaint. On three different occassions we returned to the hotel/Guesthouse mid evening and the parking lot was jampack full. On one occasion I had to go to an overnight pay parking lot and the other times I had to park my vehicle about 500 meters away from the hotel.

So, I am trying to stay away from that experience.

:D:o