True Ly.. A Bag Of Shite

MadFrankie

anyone considering signing up to TRUE-High Speed internet for anything more than 256kbps connection or who needs a stable connection to the EU or US, forget about it as you are being ripped off and paying for a service they are not able to supply.

I have the so called 1gbit service and it is a load of <deleted>, it comes no where near the 512k connection I have been using in pattaya over the last 10 days :o

I've only been on with True for a couple of days, but so far it looks like I get what I paid for in the morning before work (1MB/s), which rapidly drops to about 350KB by 10am, and when I get home (the "peak period") I get between 150-250KB/s.

I'm not yet sure if this is 'normal', but if it is, then we'll be scaling our plan back to the 256KB option as that's all the bandwidth there is ! The ADSL plans (the *other* ones) I think I saw something about guaranteed speeds - and of course it costs more.

I've only been on with True for a couple of days, but so far it looks like I get what I paid for in the morning before work (1MB/s), and when I get home (the "peak period") I get between 150-250KB/s.

I'm not yet sure if this is 'normal', but if it is, then we'll be scaling our plan back to the 256KB option as that's all the bandwidth there is ! The ADSL plans (the *other* ones) I think I saw something about guaranteed speeds - and of course it costs more.

can ya do me a favour if ya got a few minutes and ping www.yahoo.co.uk , for some reason half of the packets I send time out :o

i havew the small package just for 590 baht now but ist is o.k. continually 256 kbps the speed download from internet international wirh 25 kbps and national with 28 kbps so it is faster then 56k connection and even european download with emule is working quite well

but u have to adjust your config a bit and this takes time or you ask a pc freak from the next i cafe in your soi and give him 300 baht for some minutes of fixing he is happy and you will also be happy

anyone considering signing up to TRUE-High Speed internet for anything more than 256kbps connection or who needs a stable connection to the EU or US, forget about it as you are being ripped off and paying for a service they are not able to supply.

I have the so called 1gbit service and it is a load of <deleted>, it comes no where near the 512k connection I have been using in pattaya over the last 10 days :o

you know why ? because you are too far rom the exchange and there is too much noise on the lines.

In The Uk BT has just this week annouced that their previous limit of 4km from the exchange has been increased to 6km .

the noise levels on the lines on longer distances meant that noise from power cables

degraded the signals.

you are probably a zillion km from the exchange .

if you live next door to the telephone exchange then you get a fast reliable feed .

further away its bad. or non existant ..

Bt used to limit noise to 60dbB on a 512 adsl link . now its 75

the maximum range for a 1 Mbit link is 6km from the telephone exchange.

how far are you ?

and all those cables baking in the sun running next to power cables cannot be good ..

but you know the thais ...som nom nah

Actually, Darlek, if you read the post, you will know that it has nothing to do with line quality. The complaint is that during peak hours (around 9am-8pm pretty much half the day) the speed drops to around 1-10k, with a few occasional spikes to 30k. I get this kind of performance too, and I'm using a package that supposedly doesn't use the same bandwidth as normal customers. This is a recent issue that started only about a month ago but has affected pretty much all True customers.

If line quality were an issue, you would see two things: 1. The ADSL line reported speed would drop and 2. The speed would be consistantly poor, day and night.

I have the so called 1gbit service and it is a load of <deleted>, it comes no where near the 512k connection I have been using in pattaya over the last 10 days  :o

you know why ? because you are too far rom the exchange and there is too much noise on the lines.

In The Uk BT has just this week annouced that their previous limit of 4km from the exchange has been increased to 6km .

the noise levels on the lines on longer distances meant that noise from power cables

degraded the signals.

you are probably a zillion km from the exchange .

if you live next door to the telephone exchange then you get a fast reliable feed .

further away its bad. or non existant ..

Bt used to limit noise to 60dbB on a 512 adsl link . now its 75

the maximum range for a 1 Mbit link is 6km from the telephone exchange.

how far are you ?

and all those cables baking in the sun running next to power cables cannot be good ..

but you know the thais ...som nom nah

im slap bang in the middle of Bangkok :D On the odd occasion when bittorrent hooks upto a uni network thai peer the speed shoots upto 100k+ . Just been pinging www.yahoo.co.uk again this morning and its worse than ever, 78% packet loss.

True have agreed to let me out of my contract early so I can sign upto the loxinfo 256kbps package, this will actually be cheaper and faster than 1mbit from True. Plus applications that require a high level of QoS will work properly as they do not with True due to the packet loss.

According to the muppets they sent to my place yesterday with instructions to try and blag me that it was actually my hardwares/the 1st kms fault a lot of people are switching to loxinfo. Once I showed them that GPRS gave less packet loss than true they owned up and admitted that the whole of bangkok was ######ed.

1 more thing / if they try and blag you to switch to the QoS guarenteed trueadsl package for 3/6k a month DO NOT!! I got them to login as a *****@trueadsl user yesterday and its exactly the same :D

I did have an initial problem with our phone interfering with the ADSL (the synch LED was flashing like crazy) which went away when we disconnected it, that helped a fair bit. That little microfilter/splitter box is actually important. Unfortunately the one they sold me is a dud, got to pick up a new one. Until then the phone stays unplugged !

Once I showed them that GPRS gave less packet loss than true they owned up and admitted that the whole of bangkok was ######ed.

Hilarious ! I love it when they come clean after the bullshit story doesn't work :o