Where Can I Find Wallpaperglue On Phuket For Papier Mache

muckpuk

Hi

I'm a desperate art teacher who needs to find wallpaper glue very very fast.On Phuket.

I was adviced to use latexglue instead, on the fact that wallpaper glue was going to be hard to find, but that stuff is far to heavy. Does anyone know where I can get the powder glue ideal for papier mache?????

Thank you all

You can make your own glue/paste for papier mache,

Paper Mache Paste Recipes

# Use a simple mixture of flour and water. Mix one part flour with about 2 parts of water until you get a consistancy like thick glue. Add more water or flour as necessary. Mix well to get out all the bumps. Add a few tablespoons of salt to help prevent mold!

# Similar to the above recipe - Put 4 cups of water into a large pot. Place the pot on the stove and bring the water to a boil. While you are waiting for the water to boil, mix together 1 cup of flour with 2 cups of water, stir well to get out as many bumps as possible. Once the water is boiling, carefully add your flour and water mixture. Simmer this mixture for 2-3 minutes, until smooth. Add a few tablespoons of salt to help prevent mold. Allow to cool before you try to use it!

# You can use regular glue mixed with a bit of water. Mix using about 1 part water with 2 parts glue.

You can make your own glue/paste for papier mache,

Paper Mache Paste Recipes

# Use a simple mixture of flour and water. Mix one part flour with about 2 parts of water until you get a consistancy like thick glue. Add more water or flour as necessary. Mix well to get out all the bumps. Add a few tablespoons of salt to help prevent mold!

# Similar to the above recipe - Put 4 cups of water into a large pot. Place the pot on the stove and bring the water to a boil. While you are waiting for the water to boil, mix together 1 cup of flour with 2 cups of water, stir well to get out as many bumps as possible. Once the water is boiling, carefully add your flour and water mixture. Simmer this mixture for 2-3 minutes, until smooth. Add a few tablespoons of salt to help prevent mold. Allow to cool before you try to use it!

# You can use regular glue mixed with a bit of water. Mix using about 1 part water with 2 parts glue.

Thank you that is very helpful! Flour I have and water as well!!!! And a big pot to stew it in. :o Great!

Sounds much better then that nasty latex glue.

Great forum!