Support Materials Galore

Do these labs provide live frogs for dissection? :o One school I know of had a live frog pinned down in the lab while the instructor told the kids, "Look, see the heart beating?" If this happened in the West, the animal rights activists would be having a field day! :D

Do you really want to see a beating heart? I don't have a frog's heart but I hope this will be good enough for you.

Get it HERE

Edited by sensei

• 1 month later...
So far, everything I posted is for EP oriented teachers. Here's a few resources for conversation teachers (click on the lesson title to download the file):

ESL Questions and Activities - Lots of topics, hundreds of questions, and a few games,; all designed to get your students talking. These questions and activities are for all learner levels.

Seems to be a problem with this.

I'm looking for something as I'm teaching conversation to a couple of policemen tomorrow.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is out of date and needs updating. Could somebody post live links to ESL and English websites, please?

It's still out of date. None of the links work except for the "beating heat", "virtual knee surgery", "Talking Point Worksheets" and your final "Learning Page" links .. and they are all pretty useless.

Why don't you just delete this thread and prevent people from wasting 20 minutes of their life like I just did?

To help out any poor souls that have got this far .. here's a "working" link to an absolute "Pirates Treasure Chest" of resources.

http://englishtips.org 

It's a Russian site .. but is also in English. It has textbooks, videos, powerpoints .. everything.

Edited by tmark

Thanks. I had a look. Lots of interesting stuff, but I find it very, very difficult to negotiate. Russian isn't my language and I am not very versatile with web sites.

I am sure we have folks who will find it easier than me, however.

• 2 months later...

I have created a hobby for myself; a tiny website with 90 - 100 short role play conversations.

It's a hobby, so its all free and non-commercial, no ads, no passwords and I don't want to know your e-mail.

The problem is that I am not sure I want to flaunt my site here on the forum. Secondly, it might not be allowed. There are probably rules and regulations concerning web addresses.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

1800+ Free online tutoring videos in Math, Science, Humanities & Other, Test Prep, Talks and Interview. A treasure trove of instruction that students could use as a back up to classroom instruction to get a little different perspective if they understand English or want to learn English through something they might already understand like math:

http://www.khanacademy.org/

• 2 months later...

Mr Excel has many free videos on tips and ricks in using Excel (spreadsheets)at:

http://www.mrexcel.com/excel_video_training.html

After getting on the web page just hit Control F together and enter the topic you are interested in to quickly find it on the list shown on the Mr. Excel webpage.

One to start with that everyone can use is the way Excel counts Rows with alphabetic entries in Cells Vs. Rows with numbers in the cells counted Vs. both numbers and alpha in the cells. The results are different if you use the same count command even though there are the same number of rows so watch his video for the tip to make sure your counts are always correct.

http://www.mrexcel.com/Excel_Who_Taught_Excel_How_to_Count_training.html

video quality could be better but its good enough to learn from and Mr. Excel is the best resource I know of on the internet to answer your Excel questions.

• 9 months later...

Open Yale Courses provides free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University. All lectures were recorded in the Yale College classroom and are available in video, audio, and text transcript format. Registration is not required and no course credit is available.

http://oyc.yale.edu/

Departments with open Yale resources available: Astronomy Biomedical Engineering Chemistry Classics Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Economics English Environmental Studies History History of Art Italian Language and Literature Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology Music Philosophy Physics Political Science Psychology Religious Studies Sociology

Edited by ronz28