Rape Of Aussie Tourist

worzel

please provide the link to the article.

boo if this proves true will you re edit my title to the original also sbk my apologies for abusive post however what has the last time i posted got anything to do with topic just making my feelings know to samui coconut hes been very quite on this subject since other post seem to verify my words also i dont like posting bad news its like i said i just want the truth to come out so the powers that be pull their thimbs out of their ?

well said gummage

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please provide the link to the article.

boo if this proves true will you re edit my title to the original also sbk my apologies for abusive post however what has the last time i posted got anything to do with topic just making my feelings know to samui coconut hes been very quite on this subject since other post seem to verify my words also i dont like posting bad news its like i said i just want the truth to come out so the powers that be pull their thimbs out of their ?

All I said is that you haven't posted anything for 8 month and then yet again another negative post about crime/rape.

I will stay quiet as others seem to have verified your posts.........

I want to wish the victim a speedy recovery from this ordeal. I also hope the perpetrator is brought to justice as soon as possible, both the sake of the victim as well as all other potential victims.

I also want to thank the OP for making the post. In spite of the fact that some people seem to think there is something wrong with only reporting 'negative' stuff, it doesn't diminish the significance of the events. And for those who want to look on the brighter side of the posters situation, the fact that he didn't post for so long might mean everything has been going well up to now!

It is well appreciated that TV must have rules to maintain some control on issues being posted on "both in OP's and subsequent responses", and there is no argument about that.

The comment "If this is a real case then someone should be contacting the foreign press" is pertinent however, an individual has the right to report to "foreign press" either "real" or "rumoured" cases. The foreign press may then delve out the facts if they so chose. I realise that if an individual wastes the press's time they will certainly and quickly adopt "the boy who called wolf" scenario.

Every person who intends to visit any country and Thailand is no exception has every right to be in full possession of the facts that pertain to their potential safety whilst visiting said country (s)

Each and every day I receive in my e-mail inbox various travel advice (s) and the following is the head line from the latest on Thailand

18 March 2008.....

Travel Advice from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Thailand

Thailand overall This Advice is current for Tuesday, 18 March 2008.

Be alert to own security -- Exercise caution -- High degree of caution -- Reconsider your need to travel -- Do not travel

It might be said that it is a matter of opinion, however it can also be said that the number of assaults, rapes, murders, etc., of foreign nationals in recent years has dramatically increased (in Thailand)

This fact should be made known to the outside world.

Edited by john b good

Daily News, March 28.

At 8.00 am on March 26 the Koh Samui police received a report from Ban don inter Samui hospital that a foreign tourist had been raped. Police found 'Cherry' aged 20, in a state of shock, with a fellow Australian girl comforting her.

'Cherry' and her friend had rented rooms at Samuang House Resort, before the incident Cherry had been sleeping in one room whilst her friend was in an adjacent room.

A man had then entered her room, dark skinned, wearing a black Tshirt and shorts and armed with a sharp knife, he warned her not to resist or cry out. Squeezing her neck, he raped her before fleeing with her mobile phone, cash and passport.

Police believe the villain is a man from the local area and said his arrest will follow soon as the crime seriously damages tourism.

Yeah, i mean, don't worry about the Girl, just worry about the possible missing $$ from seriously damaged Tourism... :o

I hope the Vicitm makes the best recovery as she possibly can & hope the Man who done it has the same treatment as one of the BP's other Headlines today, & that's about castration !!

Edited by MSingh

......edit........

I certainly hope there aren't any posters who will claim she wasn't dressed properly...sleeping in her own room ......edit....

Sorry, but it makes me wonder:

"HOW DID THE GUY GET TO KNOW THERE WAS A FEMALE IN THIS ROOM, ALONE AND HOW DID HE GET IN< HER NOT NOTICING THE BREAK IN?"

and what Resort is the samuang resort?

can anybody help?

It doesn't surprise me if it was true.

Here's another attempted one...

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_27_03_51_4.html

This sort of thing must be a daily occurance. As I posted on a now closed thread I was with a girl recently who was sexually assaulted by a drunk Thai motorbike taxi driver IN FRONT OF ME. He groped her and only for me telling him He was no good and to &lt;deleted&gt; off she would have been on his bike and away for sure.

Thailand's not safe for females...even Thai. But at least they get the FULL protection of the Thai public.

Thailand's a mongering destination for old gits who think they have found new sex appeal. It will stay that way.

Just before 6:00am on Thursday a 19-year-old Thai female asked for help from members of the public as she claimed a 20-year-old Thai man who works as taxi motorbike driver had attempted to rape her and steal her handbag.

The female, who works as a karaoke singer at a pseudo restaurant in Central Pattaya, had engaged the motorbike taxi man to take her to see a customer at a restaurant in Soi Lengkee in Central Pattaya.

Instead, she alleged the man took her into Soi Siam Country Club where he found a deserted area and then attempted to force himself upon her. The alleged victim was smart enough to thwart his unwanted advances by asking the man to take her to a proper hotel where they could more comfortably engage in activities of a horizontal nature.

The man readily agreed and returned to central Pattaya but when they arrived in front of a potential bedroom facility the woman absconded with the man's motorbike keys and began shouting for help. Local people heard the commotion and detained the man before police arrived.

The taxi driver confessed to having amorous desires towards the woman because he was alone and lonely and when he picked up the girl he found himself becoming aroused.

The man will now face court proceedings.

Abusive and insulting posts and their subsequent responses have been deleted. Please do not resort to insults in order to make a point.

As for the editing of the title, until there is a confirmed news source, someone saying they heard from the consul is just not verifiable. Per admin regulations concerning these kinds of posts.

Hearing from the consul seems a pretty good source to me

I was just wondering if Aussie Visa - you know, the forum set up by Thais living in Australia - has long winded and often wildly speculative posts on rapes (or murders, or assaults) of Thai or other foreign women by Australian men.

Or even domestic rapes ie of Australian women by Australian men, and go on to say what an unsafe place Australia is for females.

Just wondering.......................

Thai Visa current News Clippings:

Rape Of Aussie Tourist

One-legged Finn Fatally Stabbed In Pattaya Condo

American Shot Dead In Chiang Mai

The Death Of Miss Hanna Charlotta Backlund

Us Veteran Duped In Condo Scam

No End In Sight As South Thai Rebellion Enters Fifth Year

Man Rams Benz Into Bus Passengers, Killing One

Female Japanese Tourist Robbed And Murdered In Sukhothai

Doesn't really paint a pretty picture does it?

In fact they do not even pickup the phone if you try to call them (try yourself at 077414567). Further, they know nobody is going to complain about them or their lack of commitment to their job, as most people wouldn't know how to complain, and those who do, also know it would be fruitless.

yes you correct monkeycountry i have tried to phone the fools but guess wot no REPLY waste of space

Try to call the Tourist Police in Bangkok, usually, same, same.

Thai Tourist police. What a joke.

How many of you people in your home country have a tourist police?

I believe they are supposed to speak english.. :o

Few times I have talked with them, (same lady I suppose) she was very fluent. I still believe she's the only one at the desk though.

Thai Visa current News Clippings:

Rape Of Aussie Tourist

One-legged Finn Fatally Stabbed In Pattaya Condo

American Shot Dead In Chiang Mai

The Death Of Miss Hanna Charlotta Backlund

Us Veteran Duped In Condo Scam

No End In Sight As South Thai Rebellion Enters Fifth Year

Man Rams Benz Into Bus Passengers, Killing One

Female Japanese Tourist Robbed And Murdered In Sukhothai

Here are some other recent headlines from various Thai media:

American Shot Dead In Chiang Mai BY AN AUSTRALIAN

Us Veteran Duped In Condo Scam BY A BRITISH NATIONAL

Two English men arrested by Region 2 Police, accused of having sex with minors

Two foreign bar patrons fight over a bar girl in Soi Beokeow

UAE Tourist arrested and charged with possession of Marijuana

16 year old claims she was raped by American Owner of South Pattaya Bar

American arrested in Central Pattaya, accused of illegally selling sexual enhancement drugs

Two English men caught with 68.7g of Marijuana

Two Chinese Men arrested and accused of pick-pocketing at Alcazar and Tiffany Show Theatres

French Man accused of attempted bag snatch on Pattaya Beach

French Man arrested in connection with recent English Sex Movie Production

case

English Man and his Thai Wife arrested and accussed of producing sex movies at their South Pattaya home

Norwegian Man found with 3 Yabba Tablets by Police patrol

Israeli Drug Ring here in Pattaya, uncovered by Special Operations Police from Chonburi Police HQ

Austrian Man arrested and accused of attempted Rape of a Korean Girl

Drunken Norwegian throws himself through Bar Window

Dutch Man, accused of forging divorce papers to seize 60 million Baht's worth of assets from his Thai Wife arrested by Tourist Police

Russian accused of indecent assault with a Back-Scratcher

Mad American tries to start conflagration in Pattaya carpark

EDIT: Sorry for being OT. Just wanted to put things in perspective.

Edited by pickel

From The Age, Melbourne,

Australian tourist raped in Thailand

Adrian Lowe

March 28, 2008 - 10:04PM

An Australian tourist has been raped and mugged in a frightening ordeal in Thailand.

The incident occurred when an intruder allegedly entered the woman's room at the Samuang House Resort about 5am on Wednesday, local time, on the resort island of Koh Samui.

The 19-year-old woman from New South Wales, known only as "Cherry", was warned not to resist or cry out by her attacker.

He was allegedly armed with a knife and fled with her cash, passport and mobile phone.

Bangkok Post reported a 26-year-old Thai man had been charged in relation to the rape after calls were made from the stolen mobile phone. It reported the man, Somchai Duanglai, denied the rape.

A spokesman for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade confirmed the offence took place and said the Australian embassy in Bangkok and DFAT in Canberra were providing consular assistance to the woman and her family.

The Age

Perhaps if this news came out earlier, they many not have caught the man!! :o

Kan Win :D

......edit........

I certainly hope there aren't any posters who will claim she wasn't dressed properly...sleeping in her own room ......edit....

"HOW DID THE GUY GET TO KNOW THERE WAS A FEMALE IN THIS ROOM, ALONE AND HOW DID HE GET IN< HER NOT NOTICING THE BREAK IN?"

can anybody help?

I apologise, the place is called Somwong not Samuang, how he got in the room is an interesting point, maybe an open window.

Cheap 'resorts' are often bungalows with poor locks on both windows and doors.

I once stayed in a guesthouse that had 6 rooms robbed by a Peruvian and Hungarian. Their technique was to stay in the 6 rooms over a period of 2 months, check in and check out, get duplicate keys cut from street vendors for the rooms, and then wait till the present owners of the rooms were out, before ransacking their rooms.

The problem was solved by the guesthouse installing rings on the doors linked to the door frame with padlocks individually owned by the guests.

Off topic and inflammatory posts have been deleted.

As has been pointed out, a woman has been viciously raped, with a knife held to her throat. Although the thread started in the Samui forum it was deemed by admin, given the nature of the crime and the subsequent results, that it should be given broader coverage in the News Clippings forum.

As for the question as to how the man knew there was a woman in the room, perhaps he watched and waited for an appropriate victim? Perhaps he had only planned on robbing the room but once he saw there was a girl in there thought that raping her was also possible. And many people rent non-airconditioned rooms, these rooms would have their windows open since it is quite hot now.

Since the man refused to confess, was found with the victim's belongings and was identified by the victim, I wonder what punishment will be meted out for this crime?

......edit........

can anybody help?

I apologise, the place is called Somwong not Samuang, how he got in the room is an interesting point, maybe an open window.

I once stayed in a guesthouse that had 6 rooms robbed by a Peruvian and Hungarian. Their technique was to stay in the 6 rooms over a period of 2 months, check in and check out, get duplicate keys cut from street vendors for the rooms, and then wait till the present owners of the rooms were out, before ransacking their rooms.

The problem was solved by the guesthouse installing rings on the doors linked to the door frame with padlocks individually owned by the guests.

Thanx, any clue where this Resort is?

Never heard of it and its certainly not on the actual Main Chaweng strip!?

The key-story is an incredible aspect!

According to sbk we have probably some stalkers around!

I would just love to know where this Resort is located, would love to give it an inspection!

To understand what the targets are....

As I am myself in the Hotel & Tourism Industry I am very, very concerned about the safety of our guest's and customers!

As there is definitely an increase in the last few of years of this sort of crimes!

Sorry, but you misread my post. I did not state there were stalkers around but that perhaps he had watched the place before breaking in. It would seem the logical thing for a thief to do.

I have no evidence of such and would ask that you do not take my opinions and turn them into statements of facts, thanks

There is probably only one positive to come out of this latest incident and that is that the victim wasn't murdered.

I remember 5 years ago being told by many Thais that Thailand had changed and that it was now very dangerous.

At that time the violence hadn't spread to the tourist areas which are now feeling the impact of the overall rise in the level of violence.

There have been many people especially expats who have been in denial about this but given the current crop of incidents even the deniers must be having second thoughts about the long term security of foreigners in Thailand.

......edit........

can anybody help?

Thanx, any clue where this Resort is?

Never heard of it and its certainly not on the actual Main Chaweng strip!?

The key-story is an incredible aspect!

I would just love to know where this Resort is located, would love to give it an inspection!

To understand what the targets are....

As I am myself in the Hotel & Tourism Industry I am very, very concerned about the safety of our guest's and customers!

As there is definitely an increase in the last few of years of this sort of crimes!

Luckily I still have The Daily News article so here is the address.

It's on a road called 'Liab Haad Chaweng' 'liab' in Thai means to border, follow the edge, skirt round, so it's almost certainly the beach road at Chaweng running parallel to the beach.

It's in 'Tambon '(sub district) Bor Pud and it's in Muuban (village)2.

Villages in subdistricts in Thailand are given a number.

I've written it in Thai below if you want to show it to someone.

สมวงศ์เฮาส์ รีสอร์ท

ถนนเลียบหาดเฉวง

หมู่ 2

ต.บ่อผุด