Dusit Announces New Hotel

sbk

Dusit Press Release:

For the first time in more than 50-years, Dusit International proudly announces the premiere of it is very first beach resort, ‘Dusit Princess Koh Chang.’ Located on the beachfront of Ao Bai Lan, the hotel offers 96 guest rooms, and a light and relaxing ambience embraced with lush verdant jungle and a sandy beach. Providing an easy getaway from the city, complimentary pick-ups are available, ‘Helping you make the most out of your journey.’

Sunday will begin with a stroll along the 3 kilometers of sand and sparkles. Make your way up the to guardian lighthouse and feast your eyes to the breathtaking panoramic view of Bang Bao. Well-known as a Fishermen’s Village, besides well-known handmade souvenirs, the location has become a meeting point for snorkeling and diving alike. After a day of sightseeing, ease into the evening at Reef Bar as our friendly bartenders shake up some special cocktails. Dusit Princess Koh Chang’s signature restaurant, The Bay, provides the region’s freshest seafood while dining to a spectacular ocean view.

Monday morning glory begins Tai Chi on the beach to help the balancing of body, mind and soul. Followed by a healthy buffet breakfast. Then the long awaited ‘Auspicious Opening Ceremony’ set in Bailan Hall. Our 288 sqm-meeting rooms will be reverberating with the soothing chants of Monks as they shower their blessings to the new-found jewel. After the glorious ceremony, turn up the heat and get wild in the jungle. Unleash your animal instincts swinging from one tree to another by rope bridges like Tarzan the hunk or Jane the beautiful. French experts with well-designed rope structures ensure your climb is swift, graceful and most importantly safe. Fill up your hearty appetite from the jungle fever with a Traditional Coastal Luncheon, at The Bay. The afternoon promises sparkling splashes as we take to sea! Dusit Pricess Koh Chang presents Koh Wai, a beautiful stretch of beach with wonderful coral surprises and end your day with a treats to the spa. The Sparkling White Grand Opening evening celebration begins at dusk.

The management and staff of Dusit Princess Koh Chang look forward to welcoming you to discover the sparking new jewel!

Source: e-travel blackboard

Just curious, is there any budget accomodation left on Koh Chang

Bang goes another beach access......built in a dip....hope they've got the drainage right.....actually, I don't, I'd rather see the place flooded a touch of "Som nam naa".

I guess Dusit wouldn't be that daft....maybe they'll account for the sewage from the site though?

there are a few places still under 500 baht, but usually they have inferior beach/location etc.

The Dusit Princess has been open for about 5 months. There was going to be an official press tour in November but the place wasnt completed. I went to meet some people there at Christmas, not much space for all the guests. Pool area is very small compared to Dewa / Amari. But the beach is very nice - it should be as it's man made.

Sunday will begin with a stroll along the 3 kilometers of sand and sparkles
Made me smile as the beach is about 400 metres long. Can walk further if you walk across rocks. Just dont plan on swimming in the sea - very shallow and a rocky seabed.

Still a few small problems to iron out, when there was a heavy downpour recently the lobby flooded. ( You may get your wish Wilko.) But Dusit only manage it, they don't own it.

Can still stay in a beachfront wooden hut on Klong Prao beach for under 500 baht/night at KB Huts, Tiger Huts or Thale Bungalows. All in far better locations than the Dusit

Oh chortle! chortle! :o

I drove past several times in Jan and it looked like they were still carrying out work on it.....extra drains maybe????

oh...a FAKE beach....how long will it be before that gets washed away?

Edited by wilko

The Dusit Princess has been open for about 5 months. There was going to be an official press tour in November but the place wasnt completed. I went to meet some people there at Christmas, not much space for all the guests. Pool area is very small compared to Dewa / Amari. But the beach is very nice - it should be as it's man made.
Sunday will begin with a stroll along the 3 kilometers of sand and sparkles
Made me smile as the beach is about 400 metres long. Can walk further if you walk across rocks. Just dont plan on swimming in the sea - very shallow and a rocky seabed.

Still a few small problems to iron out, when there was a heavy downpour recently the lobby flooded. ( You may get your wish Wilko.) But Dusit only manage it, they don't own it.

Can still stay in a beachfront wooden hut on Klong Prao beach for under 500 baht/night at KB Huts, Tiger Huts or Thale Bungalows. All in far better locations than the Dusit Personally I prefer a pool, so I think I'd go for the Dusit.