'invisible' On Thaivisa

LaoPo

Guest Reimar
I noticed that some posters are invisible when they are online on TV.

How's that ? Isn't that sneaky ? :o

Why not be open about it ?

LaoPo

Sometimes some members like NOT to be seen! So they log out f4rom TV and within a new log on they choose to be invisible.

Sneaky or not but that is the decision everybody can make for themself.

Cheers.

LaoPo

Sometimes some members like NOT to be seen! So they log out f4rom TV and within a new log on they choose to be invisible.

Cheers.

But, isn't it a bit weird ?; I mean if everybody on TV would do so, nobody could see who is on line or not.... ? Would administration accept it if everybody is invisible ?

TV would look odd.

LaoPo

Guest Reimar

Maybe we should classify it a PRIVACY?! Everybody has the right for privacy and if an member choose to be "private" on the board, others don't have the right for to prohibit that.

Cheers.

LaoPo

Cheers.

Mai khaw chai. So members have two log ins, one under their nick and one with no name? I thought it was against forum rules to have multiple identities.

As for privacy, I thought that was the reason for nicknames but I suppose that could be a problem if you were known in prson by your nick.

btw it doesn't bother me one bit how others present themselves.

You log in under one name - but you choose if your name will be listed as logged in as that name or just logged as invisible. You can not log in without a name/although you can read forum without log in if you want.

You log in under one name - but you choose if your name will be listed as logged in as that name or just logged as invisible. You can not log in without a name/although you can read forum without log in if you want.

Where is that, Lopburi3 ? :o

LaoPo

I suspect you would need to log out from TV. When you return, you log in, with your nick, then there are two check boxes, one to keep logged in, {which is auto checked} and one to be invisible/private, which is not checked, by default.

Regards

Sounds complicated to me, just to be invisible for others... :o

LaoPo

Sounds complicated to me, just to be invisible for others... :D

LaoPo

Once you are invisible you are always invisible thanks to cookie. :o As a moderator, sometimes one wishes to just be a member and not worry about being disturbed because you appear on-line. I would say the number of members that do this are small. Also, I believe network spiders may show up as anonymous.

Where is that, Lopburi3 ? :o

LaoPo

If you log in from the log in page there is an option where you can tick to be invisible (not shown as active on the forum) to others.

Totster :D

Where is that, Lopburi3 ? :D

LaoPo

If you log in from the log in page there is an option where you can tick to be invisible (not shown as active on the forum) to others.

Totster :D

Thank you Reimar, Lopburi3, Tywais & Totster, for the explanations !

I have made a decision...I stay visible :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo