Summer Olympics

Here are the front page headlines of todays papers in the UK in relation to the Olympic torch going through London -

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_galler...1311963,00.html

What a disaster, this incompetent government cant do anything properly, they say it isnt a political issue but on the other hand he meets and welcomes the torch at Downing Street.

Was a disgrace having all those police half of which were Chinese special forces protecting the torch, this once great nation needs help from other countries to keep a flame alight......pathetic.

Gordon Browns lot wont boycott the Olympics theyll all be there on their freebee getting an insight into how the masses should be controlled.

Edited by howtoescape

F*&^ China.

apparently it is ok to take over America from the Indians; to keep Ireland from the Irish and to crap over the Aborigines and the Maori.

But it isn't ok to do the same thing to Tibetans.

All sad...but come on! This is athletics and other pseudo lame sports that people have dedicated their lives to.

Care for the athletes. my cousin gave up 6 years to get into the national team which was 1980 and they never went. He never qualified again, and would have probably won something.

The athletes' should not boycott the Chna Olympics; The Political and Celebrity Riff-Raff Should. However most of these specimens have no shame, expect Human Rights to take a Distant Third Place.

apparently it is ok to take over America from the Indians; to keep Ireland from the Irish and to crap over the Aborigines and the Maori.

All sad...but come on! This is athletics and other pseudo lame sports that people have dedicated their lives to.

Care for the athletes. my cousin gave up 6 years to get into the national team which was 1980 and they never went. He never qualified again, and would have probably won something.

I second that!! double standards all round, typical politicians they do what suits them and to hxll with the rest of us.

F*&^ China.

No it wasn't ok to take America from the Indians and all else you mention.

The Chinese govt. is the most corrupt country in the world and the worst abuser of human rights, no one will convince me they're not using the Olympics as a political tool. I wish no one any harm but I think the games will not happen because of an unfortunate event.

The Chinese govt. is the most corrupt country in the world and the worst abuser of human rights, no one will convince me they're not using the Olympics as a political tool. I wish no one any harm but I think the games will not happen because of an unfortunate event.

So just to be clear, you consider North Korea to be a better country than China then???!

I agree it is an abuser of human rights, and EVERY country uses the olympics as a showcase for themselves.

I do agree, there is a lot of disruption; talking abuot it in recent days, can't help but feel there are a lot of people that hate the CHinese, this is a chance to get back at them.

Edited by steveromagnino

London Summer Olympics, chance for a boycott??

London and the transatlantic slave trade- the name of human right is overrided.

1. Claim back the right for Africa, Pay back the wound of Africa!
  2. If Olympic games is standing for love and symbosize the justice,

Show the Love and Justice.

Thousands of African people in 18s would be traded into America for the said "Civilian biulding",

and western colonies occupy the land of Africans, capture people and shipped them as goods, killing slaves is like playing games. Where is ur advanced development, it biult on the blood of human beings and the whole less developing Africa.

All the people who really care about human right , ask western world to pay back. Ask olympic to carry out its true meaning to reality.

Boycott London Olympics!

So just to be clear, you consider North Korea to be a better country than China then???!

I agree it is an abuser of human rights, and EVERY country uses the olympics as a showcase for themselves.

I do agree, there is a lot of disruption; talking abuot it in recent days, can't help but feel there are a lot of people that hate the CHinese, this is a chance to get back at them.

I never said that. North Korea is an well enclosed sh!thole as well, but nowhere near the grand scale of China.

I am sure China needs work on human rights. Unfortunately, my US govt. lost all credibility when they invaded Iraq, displaced and killed hundreds of thousands of Iraq's and remain today as an occupying force to "stabilize" the country. It just seems outrage from the US and UK rings hollow. Regime change begins at home!!