Meechai Mansion?

hello does anybody know something about meechai mansion in the dindaeng area behind fortune mall, thank you

Good old Meechai. Yes i can tell you something about it. Mind you, my information would be based on a few years ago,around 98-2000

So what do you want to know?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
very funny astral. well seasider just if its a safe neighborhood and that they give your depost back and if its clean, no rats and things like that, thank you

Good area - I am just behind you near Baron. Known a number of people who've stayed there. Even has a pool!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
thanks cto for the info

Sorry about the late reply, been rather busy selling my condo/land, both to thais if that is relevant(their still buying).

Anyway, yes that area is safe, is thee an area that isn't in bangkok?

Deposits are or were given back, speaking from experience, i have never had problems getting deposits back anywhere.

Yes , as stated previously they have a pool there, had one or two pool parties there with friends.

There are other places in the area but probably meechai is about the cheapest.

It was a hotel in fact the top 2 floors still have hotel accomodation 500 Baht/night. We held a room in there for 3 years. 4000 Baht/month plus power and water. Reasonable parking and very easy access to Fortune Town and new underground rail. 50 Baht taxi fare to Nana or wherever.

About a star and a half - cheap and cheerful. Watch out for the dog shlt.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any website?

Thanks.

I got some information, but they don't have a website.

Rooms are available for 800 thb / night and they are completely renovated, looking brand new, better than any hotel room you can get in Bkk for 800 thb a night.

But it's an old building and it doesn't look good from outside.

• 3 months later...
thanks cto for the info

Sorry about the late reply, been rather busy selling my condo/land, both to thais if that is relevant(their still buying).

Anyway, yes that area is safe, is thee an area that isn't in bangkok?

Deposits are or were given back, speaking from experience, i have never had problems getting deposits back anywhere.

Yes , as stated previously they have a pool there, had one or two pool parties there with friends.

There are other places in the area but probably meechai is about the cheapest.

Am reading this thread and consequently answering a bit late but this still will be useful for those who RTFF before launching a new thread.

Am staying in the Meechai complex (not the Meechai itself but a newer building next to it; anyway it's the same office/staff as Meechai).

There is a pool indeed and it is very rarely used. There is a fitness studio too. A good Thai/Isaan restaurant open 11am-1am, a minimart open 24h, a snooker club and a Thai massage place.

I know quite a few people who live at Meechai and they are more than happy with the place. I personally am very happy too with the staff, they're really nice and always ready to help (English is almost not spoken though). Had some issue with the electricity bill the first month (3500 bahts!!!!) and had not checked the counter when moving in. They made researches and called me a few days later to tell me that I was entitled to a refund. Oh and security, especially in the newer building, is taken very seriously.

All in all a nice and pleasant area. 60bahts/7min. motosai ride to lower Sukhumvit. 25bahts/20min. by MRT to Silom.

Carrefour, Tesco, Robinson, Fortune Mall, Esplanade Mall, Ratchada pubs and restaurants are all within a short motorbike ride/a 10 to 20 minutes walk.

• 4 weeks later...