Watching Football In Kanchaniburi

sgunn65

Hi

I am moving from Bangkok to Kanchaniburi tomorrow to start my new business.

I like to go out for a small sweet sherry (or several beers :o ) on a saturday and watch the footy. Since I am completely new to the area can some kind soul point me in the right direction of a bar in Kanchaniburi town that shows the games, preferably on a big screen.

Thanks

Edited by sgunn65

Hi

I am moving from Bangkok to Kanchaniburi tomorrow to start my new business.

I like to go out for a small sweet sherry (or several beers :o ) on a saturday and watch the footy. Since I am completely new to the area can some kind soul point me in the right direction of a bar in Kanchaniburi town that shows the games, preferably on a big screen.

Thanks

I'd suggest that you PM Chavy, he's the man for Football out in the provinces.

I don't know what info chavy has given you as coming from Nottingham he wouldn't know what a football was if it hit him in the back of the head! (sorry chavy)

Anyway, there are three farang run bars that immediately spring to mind which show football. "Rascals" bar run by a lad from Coventry situated on what is known locally as "the strip" which is where most of the bars are situated. "Four Nines" run by a sweaty sock situated opposite the River Kwai Hotel on the main Saeng Chuto road....good selection of beers and spirits. "The Windmill" run by a Yorkshireman out on the bypass, draught beers including John Smith's bitter plus Strongbow cider also on draught/western food. Cheap prices too! There are other venues run by Thais mostly on "the strip" that show the football so you are fairly spoilt for choice.

Excellent. Thanks for the advice. It looks like my saturday nights will continue to be catered for. As a Londoner and lately Bankokian I have an innate fear of the countryside!!!! But last night sitting on the verandah being deafened by the frogs, gecko's and cicada's I thought it seemed OK. If I can get out for a few cold ones and a continuing winning run by Utd then I may have died and gone to heaven.

I look forward to meeting some of you over the coming weeks.

Thanks again

A few of us Bangkok boys that meet regularly in BKK, are probably heading to Kan, at some point in the later part of ther month / early part of next month to watch footie. So keep an eye out in the football forum.

Agreed that Chavy is from Notts, but he does know his football, when he is awake. :D:o

Well I have had my first night out in Kanchaniburi and I have to say it was not a resounding success. I found Rascals then went for a beer in 1 more bar run by a thai woman who is married to a farang. They open until the footy finishes which is a bonus (unlike Bangers which seems to shut at 1 these days). I bought two bottles of Tiger and was astounded when I paid 100 baht for both!!! There are benefits to living in the boonies!

Then I went looking for the 4 nines. Could I find it??? No so I went home. I will look again in the daytime.

I will look out for the Bangkok possee on the footy forum

Thanks

A few of us Bangkok boys that meet regularly in BKK, are probably heading to Kan, at some point in the later part of ther month / early part of next month to watch footie. So keep an eye out in the football forum. Agreed that Chavy is from Notts, but he does know his football, when he is awake. :D:o

You are obviously aware of chavy's sleeping habits....at the bar that is! He tells me that he knows his stuff when it comes to soccer but as he comes from Robin Hood country and couple that with his avatar, I could surely be forgiven if I thought that his sport was more likely to be archery and that he would be more at home with a bow and arrow than a football! (I will cop it next time I see him!!) :D

A few of us Bangkok boys that meet regularly in BKK, are probably heading to Kan, at some point in the later part of ther month / early part of next month to watch footie. So keep an eye out in the football forum. Agreed that Chavy is from Notts, but he does know his football, when he is awake. :D:o

You are obviously aware of chavy's sleeping habits....at the bar that is! He tells me that he knows his stuff when it comes to soccer but as he comes from Robin Hood country and couple that with his avatar, I could surely be forgiven if I thought that his sport was more likely to be archery and that he would be more at home with a bow and arrow than a football! (I will cop it next time I see him!!) :D

So it's not just our company that sends him to sleep in Bangkok. :D

I concur with the Archery thing in relation to place of birth, and more interestingly his current avitar. It has been suggesterd that this is something to do with his liking of The Village People. :D

Excellent. Thanks for the advice. It looks like my saturday nights will continue to be catered for. As a Londoner and lately Bankokian I have an innate fear of the countryside!!!! But last night sitting on the verandah being deafened by the frogs, gecko's and cicada's I thought it seemed OK. If I can get out for a few cold ones and a continuing winning run by Utd then I may have died and gone to heaven.

Thanks again

What a surprise.... :o

And now I have to justify myself!!!!!!

I was born in Cornwall which does not have a league team and never has had, as far as i know. Now some of you will mention Plymouth or Exeter both of which are in Devon and you would never ask a man from Kernow to support a team from Devon!!!

I saw my first tv match in 1966 when Utd played Benfica in the European Cup and , like most kids, you want to support the best so I followed my older brother who supported Utd.

And then I moved to London but once you pick a team you are stuck with them for life and following Utd has not always been a bed of roses. Football is a bit mad really. If you get bad service from any other institution you go somewhere else but footy fans will put up with crap for years and still sing we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen! I once went to see Southend Utd and their fans sang that!! I do admit to having a bit of a snigger.

As a Cockney Red I used to go to as many matches as I could and even enjoyed our season in the second division (remember the Denis Law goal when he played for City??).

26 years of being mediocre or nearly men. However the last 14 years have been a bit of a treat!!

I have now found the 4 9's and will become a Utd bore to anyone who will listen!!!! :o

...RIGHT this seems like the appropriate opportunity to teach thaivisa some english lessons,....."foot"......is at the bottom of your "leg",.....and "ball".......is a round object,.......thus is ....."football" :o

I was born in Cornwall which does not have a league team and never has had, as far as i know. Now some of you will mention Plymouth or Exeter both of which are in Devon and you would never ask a man from Kernow to support a team from Devon!!!

I saw my first tv match in 1966 when Utd played Benfica in the European Cup and , like most kids, you want to support the best so I followed my older brother who supported Utd.

And then I moved to London but once you pick a team you are stuck with them for life and following Utd has not always been a bed of roses. Football is a bit mad really. If you get bad service from any other institution you go somewhere else but footy fans will put up with crap for years and still sing we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen! I once went to see Southend Utd and their fans sang that!! I do admit to having a bit of a snigger.

As a Cockney Red I used to go to as many matches as I could and even enjoyed our season in the second division (remember the Denis Law goal when he played for City??).

26 years of being mediocre or nearly men. However the last 14 years have been a bit of a treat!!

I have now found the 4 9's and will become a Utd bore to anyone who will listen!!!! :D

I'm a Kernow lad as well, and I get fed up with <deleted> having a go about who you support. I was bought up on Manchester Utd, old man played a few games for Plymouth reserves, but he's an Exeter fan second and Man Utd fan first. I ended up supporting Torquay as a second team just for the sheer hel_l of having a disagreement :D . I've loved Utd from as long as I can remember, although during my school years it wasn't much fun with all the Liverpool fans around. :o

When Cornwall finally gets a league team, then I'll admit that I will support them, but they will never be my main team.

sgunn, where are you from?

If you can read Cornish you'll know where I'm from.

Thanks again

What a surprise.... :o

And you?

I have now found the 4 9's and will become a Utd bore to anyone who will listen!!!! :D

I'm a Kernow lad as well, and I get fed up with <deleted> having a go about who you support. I was bought up on Manchester Utd, old man played a few games for Plymouth reserves, but he's an Exeter fan second and Man Utd fan first. I ended up supporting Torquay as a second team just for the sheer hel_l of having a disagreement :D . I've loved Utd from as long as I can remember, although during my school years it wasn't much fun with all the Liverpool fans around. :o

When Cornwall finally gets a league team, then I'll admit that I will support them, but they will never be my main team.

sgunn, where are you from?

If you can read Cornish you'll know where I'm from.

Hi Mr Toad

My family is from Cambourne (Mums side but my dad was a merchentman from Estonia who settled here after serving on the Russian Convoys in the war) like your good self but I was born bang opposite the docks in Falmouth when the docks were bigger. My birthplace is now opposite the Museum of Maritime stuff.

I believe I am still a member of Falmouth Town supporters club. So if I ever go to a Falmouth away match they will need the sidecar as well :D

Talking of getting hassle for supporting Utd I want to share this little story with you.

I used to go to this pub in London with a small group of Utd fans every time gods own team played. One night we were watching Utd-Chelsea.

This large knuckle dragger turned to me and said in his dulcet Sarf London tones, "Where you from mate?". I told him London. He gave me a cold stare and said," What the f---ing hel_l is a c--- like you supporting Utd for then?".

Not wanting to die prematurely I decided to respond gently and said to him, "I suppose you are a Chelsea fan then?".

His reply was pure genius!!!

" <deleted>-- off you c---!!!!! Glasgow Rangers best team in the world". He turned away and fortunately, having a brain the size of a goldfish promptly forgot me.

With logic like that there is hope for the future of mankind

My family is from Cambourne (Mums side but my dad was a merchentman from Estonia who settled here after serving on the Russian Convoys in the war) like your good self but I was born bang opposite the docks in Falmouth when the docks were bigger. My birthplace is now opposite the Museum of Maritime stuff.

I believe I am still a member of Falmouth Town supporters club. So if I ever go to a Falmouth away match they will need the sidecar as well :D

Good old Camborne, miss the old place sometimes, but far more of a rugby town than football. One side of my Family are from St Ives, whereas the other side are from Camborne. I waas actually born in Redruth :o but have always denied this for obvious reasons,no way do I want to be a Chopper.

Good old Bickland park, nice ground actually and one that I have played on a couple of times. Falmouth certainly the most Famous of the Cornish clubs with a succesful history.

Of course now with Truro splashing the cash left right and centre, it looks like Truro will probably end up in the Conference in the next 2-3 years.

I never really had a particular local team, as I basically supported the team that my old man manged or played for. He was always a happy peson if he beat Falmouth though, always seemed to think that was the biggest game.

Talking of getting hassle for supporting Utd I want to share this little story with you.

I used to go to this pub in London with a small group of Utd fans every time gods own team played. One night we were watching Utd-Chelsea.

This large knuckle dragger turned to me and said in his dulcet Sarf London tones, "Where you from mate?". I told him London. He gave me a cold stare and said," What the f---ing hel_l is a c--- like you supporting Utd for then?".

Not wanting to die prematurely I decided to respond gently and said to him, "I suppose you are a Chelsea fan then?".

His reply was pure genius!!!

" <deleted>-- off you c---!!!!! Glasgow Rangers best team in the world". He turned away and fortunately, having a brain the size of a goldfish promptly forgot me.

With logic like that there is hope for the future of mankind

Classic. :o