Airsoft /bb Guns In Bangkok

sodawater

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know where I can find a shop which sells BB/Airsoft guns in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance.

Seacon Square, the market area below the cinemas on the top floor.

Look for a shop called "Navy Blue", it's in one of the shops on the outer perimeter, just walk 'round the perimeter and you'll find it.

There is another shop too but I can't recall the name.

You will probably have to order the weapon you want, but they can usually get it within 1 or 2 days - they also have a choice of Japanese or Taiwanese manufactured models.

Patrick

Does anyone know where I can find a shop which sells BB/Airsoft guns in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance.

Look for a shop called "Navy Blue", it's in one of the shops on the outer perimeter, just walk 'round the perimeter and you'll find it.

You will probably have to order the weapon you want, but they can usually get it within 1 or 2 days - they also have a choice of Japanese or Taiwanese manufactured models.

Patrick

Patrick

Are these "real" BB guns, pistols or rifles, that shot .177 cal BBs or sometimes .177 size pellets?

Or are they the types that shot out the 6 mm plastic BB?

Mac

They all use 6mm soft pellets. I bought an M4, an AK47 and a M81 pistol plus extras there last week.

On sunday I went to the bb/paintballing centre off Rama 9 for an evenings carnage and all the Thai guys buy their stuff at a place in or very near China town. They tell me the guns are a little cheaper but the accessories (laser, night vision etc) are half the price.

I have not been to China town so I cannot vouch for it but the shop in Seacon was good and gave me a discount as I bought 3 guns.

Close to Yaowarat there are several gun stores grouped together on the same road & some sell air pellet guns in addition to firearms. These are not soft pellets but lead pellets and are not toys but real target rifles. Selection limited.Can order UK pellet rifles at quite a premium by USA prices.

What do you do with the BB guns?

On a number of occasions I have been tempted to buy one, but can never really think of a use for it other than to feel like Clint Eastwood for half an hour. I guess I could harass the pigeons that hang around the house but that’s not nice. What do you do with yours?

On a number of occasions I have been tempted to buy one, but can never really think of a use for it other than to feel like Clint Eastwood for half an hour. I guess I could harass the pigeons that hang around the house but that’s not nice. What do you do with yours?

Personally I just use mine to scare the h e l l out of stray / feral cats who use my garden as a toilet or try to catch the wild birds which I want to attract here.

Perhaps a slight extravagance at Baht 7,000.- or so - but it gives me something to do while I sit in the garden and wait for the Maid to bring my next whisky soda.

Patrick

But with Paintball it different isn't it? I mean you can actually run around and shoot each other and make a game of it. Can you do this with BB guns?

I saw a nice looking BB pistol recently. I think it was about 1000 baht. It felt real heavy and good quality. Maybe I should have got it.

The only use I could think of for it was to carry whilst out on my bike to shoot dogs that try to attack me.

Yes.. just like paintball.

I went to Navy blue today, but it opens late, and the owners number is on the closed shopfront if you want him to come open up early. I was there at 2pm and it just said "opens late". There is another one called BB BOOM just 100 metres away, jap and chinese makes for order within one day.

The BB/Paintball place off Rama 9 (leave on the exit opposite the mosque going to Sapansoong and follow the slip road that runs alongside Rama 9 for a few k's and it is on the left handside. You can't miss the high netting) has a bb arena where you have two teams and get 20 minutes to attack the otherside. They do sting when you get hit but nothing much.

It is great fun as you get about 20 a side going at it. Some of the guys are serious gamers with high def scopes sniper rifles and night vision. Then you get the idiots like me with a mask tee shirt and a strong urge to die!!!! :o . If you have your own gun its 250 baht and you can go in as many times as you like till 2am.

I used to play airsoft but I haven't gone in six or so months.

I bought my rifle in chinatown. Tokyo Marui M4 SOPMOD kit. ~20k with battery and high tension spring. However when they installed the new spring they also installed the wrong size of gear bearings and over time it lead to wear of the gears and piston.

A year after buying it I had to replace the gearset, piston, nozzle, and motor pinion gear, and I ended up getting mostly systema parts, I also bought a metal chamber set, costing about a total of 6k. I got it fixed by the mechanic at the Sukhumvit soi 62 field and will never buy another airsoft gun from chinatown again.

In the past year, Chinese factories have been producing airsoft guns that clone non-patented Japanese designs. This means that the guns mechanics are the same as the Japanese ones and parts are interchangeable but the build quality of the Chinese ones are absolute crap. My friend bought one for 7k and it just never shot right. They say that about 70% of the Chinese ones are duds, especially the ones from qinggong.

The facilities at the soi 62 field are crap, but you don't have to go far out of your way to get there and the mechanics are excellent. There is an indoor playing area on soi premruethai on Bangna that is also dilapidated but is cheap and indoor. The best place is the tupchang field. It's very clean, better rental guns, air-conditioned, safer, better food, etc. but it is slightly more expensive and far away. The costs are much lower if you buy an annual member's card.

post-19237-1207664363_thumb.png

Shooting jin joks with a pistol. It improves target acquisition and gets rid of the pest problem.

Any idea near what soi that sliproad is, and does it travel away from town or toward? Any chance of an exact address? Thanks! Sounds good fun.

Sorry no idea but when you start coming out of Bangkok on the way to the airport you can't miss the big blue mosque on the right hand side. Leave the motorway there and just drive alongside the motorway for about 5 minutes and you will see the high netting fence (like a golf range) on the left hand side.

Outside the rush hours we can usually get there from Asoke in about 25-30 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Is there any other shop round bangkok, i must get an aeg airsoft machine gun

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Is there any other shop round bangkok, i must get an aeg airsoft machine gun

Go park your car at hua lomphong station and tell a taxi driver to take you to Klong Thom. All shops around Bangkok get their stock from there. Navy Blue in Seacon is owned by a shop owner in Klong Thom.

The Amorn Hobby Group has a shop in Future Park but they mostly sell outrageously-expensive modifications.

• 2 months later...
Just out of interest, are there any legal issues with owning or possessing a BB gun or pistol in Thailand ?

Actual BB guns are illegal or have to be registered as firearms though i've used one from Laos several times at the shooting range in an army base out by Viphawadi with no questions.

As far as I know there is no legal restriction on airsoft guns as they're classified as sporting equipment. They just have to be completely disassembled when they're imported then assembled by a technician here.

Just out of interest, are there any legal issues with owning or possessing a BB gun or pistol in Thailand ?

Actual BB guns are illegal or have to be registered as firearms though i've used one from Laos several times at the shooting range in an army base out by Viphawadi with no questions.

As far as I know there is no legal restriction on airsoft guns as they're classified as sporting equipment. They just have to be completely disassembled when they're imported then assembled by a technician here.

what exactly is the difference?

what exactly is the difference?

Airsoft uses a hard plastic 6mm ball and doesn't always use compressed air to fire the projectile. Usually it is shot out at around 300 feet per second. Contrast that with BB guns which fire either a steel ball or a lead pellet that measures 4,5 mm. Depending on the pressure (BB guns can use either springs which results in less speed or air pressure), you can see anywhere between 200-600 Feet per second. There are also Air Rifles, which usually use 4,5 5,0 5,5 mm or larger lead pellets. These however are much stronger. You're talking about easily having the projectile leave the barrel at greater than 1000 Feet per second. These can be either pneumatic or spring operated. Another advantage is that they are rifled; greatly improving their accuracy.

Well, you have either springers or you have AEG. The springers are mechanically operated pistons that force air through the barrell. AEGs are pretty much the same thing but use a battery to run a gearbox that does the piston operation for you.

Well, you have either springers or you have AEG. The springers are mechanically operated pistons that force air through the barrell. AEGs are pretty much the same thing but use a battery to run a gearbox that does the piston operation for you.

Don't forget the HFC-134A powered guns that have a small gas reservoir usually in the magazine that loads into the chamber to propel the bullet.

They rarely shoot faster than 350 fps.

My AEG shoots at around 400 fps and most people thought that it was excessive.

Don't forget the HFC-134A powered guns that have a small gas reservoir usually in the magazine that loads into the chamber to propel the bullet.

They rarely shoot faster than 350 fps.

My AEG shoots at around 400 fps and most people thought that it was excessive.

I had already alluded to the hfcs in my original post to naam......but probably should have been more concise in describing them. Thanks for the help.

that means in all cases the propellant is nothing but compressed air (or CO²) whether stored in a tank or generated by a piston.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I am from singapore and I am looking for a gun call NERF Vulcan, pls refer to the link for more details. I wonder if anyone who is staying in bangkok now can help me confim if anywhere in bangkok sells it. I am buying abt 10 pcs each. Because we have a NERF Player group in sg. Hope guys in Bangkok can help...

Vulcan

Longshot

FireFly

Clips

Vulcan Refill