Toddler Dies After Falling Into Nursery Rice Pot

george

Toddler dies after falling into nursery rice pot

YASOTHON: -- Three nursery workers are facing legal action after a 30 month-old in their care died as a result of falling into a large pot of rice being served for lunch.

For two days doctors at Sapsithiprasong Hospital in Thailand's northeastern Ubon Ratchathani Province had been desperately trying to save the life of Jeerasak Boontot, but today he died from severe burns.

The toddler, who attended the Wat Pa Theprangsri Pre-school in the nearby Yasothon Province, fell into the boiling pot of rice as the nursery workers were serving it up to the infants for lunch.

The pot had been placed on the cement floor of the pre-school, and the children had been asked to sit in a circle around it.

Jeerasak's parents, Mr. Kittiphoom and Mrs. Jirchaya Boontot, both aged 24, today pressed charges against three of the nursery workers.

Police said that everyone involved would be called in for further questioning.

--TNA 2004-10-03

Jeerasak's parents, Mr. Kittiphoom and Mrs. Jirchaya Boontot, both aged 24, today pressed charges against three of the nursery workers.

Police said that everyone involved would be called in for further questioning.

how sad, i'm sure the parents are devastated.

my daughter starts pre school soon and it makes me cringe to read this.

We're bringing our 1 year old to the LoS in a few months. Makes you feel like you have to check out things pretty carefully - which takes time to do properly. One major advantage of the litiguousness of the US is the incentive to prevent careless mistakes; don't think this same applies in Thailand.