Irish Bar

binnsy

Yep, open now.

Was in there on Sunday. Nice guy from Southern Ireland - hope he does well.

(Avoid the cans of Guinness at 249 Baht)

Why avoid cans of Guinness for heavens sake, it's the real Irish Guinness,not the Malaysian crap you get in most places. I sell the same stuff. That's just like saying avoid buying a Ferrarri, cause they're expensive. :o

I can't afford a Ferrri either :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBWG- Think you're getting your wires crossed

No problems with the License in Paddys and owned by an Irish lad. There is a German owned Irish pub The Shamrock-maybe why the confusion

Have been in Paddys many times- good place and good food. Already a few regulars in there, will be back there tomorrow as own the business next door.

The Vinyl is ok but sparce menu.

He should have a few draught beers in by the weekend- spoke to him last night. Check out the sausage n Black Pudding sarnies. Top stuff

Edited by PolPotter

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the Irish Bar still open for Business?

Last night I drove my wife and some family members to Buriram for a very enjoyable concert at the large "Country" night club near Speed Disco. To see the real and complete "Carabao" band was a real treat for the family. 2000 baht for a table of 4 with a decent size bottle of unopened Johnny Walker Red and the first "set up" of ice and mixers what a reasonable price for TOP live entertainment. I was told they often have fights, but to not be concerned. The ONLY fight and pause in the musical entertainment was caused 100% by a short drunken Farang with a shaved head in a blue "T" shirt. The Thai patrons were very tolerant of his aggressive actions until he attached a peaceful Thai man. One of the main 3 guitar player/vocalists with Carabao made a timely comment about "Farang Brother in Law" which caused great laughter in the audience. Good timing on that professional entertainers part.

Anyhow I knew the band would not go on until midnight, but the family wanted to see the opening band and eat a ton of food inside the club. I drove past the Irish Bar at 8:40p.m. Wednesday night and it was closed with no lights on. That scuttled my plans to go to that establishment.

Is the Irish Bar still open for business and if so do they have "regular" operating hours?

Is the Irish Bar still open for Business?

Last night I drove my wife and some family members to Buriram for a very enjoyable concert at the large "Country" night club near Speed Disco. To see the real and complete "Carabao" band was a real treat for the family. 2000 baht for a table of 4 with a decent size bottle of unopened Johnny Walker Red and the first "set up" of ice and mixers what a reasonable price for TOP live entertainment. I was told they often have fights, but to not be concerned. The ONLY fight and pause in the musical entertainment was caused 100% by a short drunken Farang with a shaved head in a blue "T" shirt. The Thai patrons were very tolerant of his aggressive actions until he attached a peaceful Thai man. One of the main 3 guitar player/vocalists with Carabao made a timely comment about "Farang Brother in Law" which caused great laughter in the audience. Good timing on that professional entertainers part.

Anyhow I knew the band would not go on until midnight, but the family wanted to see the opening band and eat a ton of food inside the club. I drove past the Irish Bar at 8:40p.m. Wednesday night and it was closed with no lights on. That scuttled my plans to go to that establishment.

Is the Irish Bar still open for business and if so do they have "regular" operating hours?

What a pity this was not publicised on either Thai Visa or the local Buriram forum. The Add Carabao band and music is far more acceptable, and enjoyable to farangs than the boring and monotonous Morlam singsongs. Even the dancing girls lose their attraction when you can see them 3/4 times a month

Hopefully future upcoming events can be posted on TV so as us rural folk have an opportunity of participating.

My info is that the Buriram Irish bar is now closed indefinitely.

The Shamrock Pub in Prakhonchai is alive and well!

That comes as no suprise.

Me and my mate gave him 3 months before he closed down. Too many other places, too expensive, bad location, closed bar with no aircon. Yet another one falls by the wayside.

Yes it appears that Aiden has gone AWOL.Have to disagree with the above comment as he had air-con and i thought it was in a good location :o .His prices were a bit steep but that is the same with all imported beers

That comes as no suprise.

Me and my mate gave him 3 months before he closed down. Too many other places, too expensive, bad location, closed bar with no aircon. Yet another one falls by the wayside.

Yes it appears that Aiden has gone AWOL.Have to disagree with the above comment as he had air-con and i thought it was in a good location :o .His prices were a bit steep but that is the same with all imported beers

I was there about 2 1/2 months ago and all that was in there was a very cheap red plastic fan, there was no aircon. Guaranteed. I took a very close look around the place as it was my first visit. He must have had it installed after we went there. At 3 pm with temperatures in the low 30's, sitting inside was not pleasant, even with a very cheap plastic fan. I am quite sure that seeing as we were the only customers he would put it on or at least offered to put on the air con.

The word is that Aiden is back from wherever and Paddy's should re-open tomorrow (today really as after midnight), Monday evening.

I've heard all kinds of stories about this and that but I've spent some time there over the last few months and it was obvious there were issues over cashflow or financing. Hopefully he has been able to sort these out whilst he has been away.

Now the first thing he has to do is recruit some staff, starting with a chef.

He does have aircon but aircon eats money and if there are no punters then ........ Lots spent I think but not wisely. don't think he will survive and it will eventually close.

The word is that Aiden is back from wherever and Paddy's should re-open tomorrow (today really as after midnight), Monday evening.

I've heard all kinds of stories about this and that but I've spent some time there over the last few months and it was obvious there were issues over cashflow or financing. Hopefully he has been able to sort these out whilst he has been away.

Now the first thing he has to do is recruit some staff, starting with a chef.

He does have aircon but aircon eats money and if there are no punters then ........ Lots spent I think but not wisely. don't think he will survive and it will eventually close.

If he is reopening, and recruits a chef as you suggest, then to ensure the chef actually has something to do, he needs to revamp his menu and sell basically "pub grub" at realistic prices. 99bt for a bowl of cornflakes was just a bad joke!

:D that is good news It is by far the best PUB in Buriram but i figure he needs a little bit of help with staff as its a long day from 09:00 till whenever.

Times of opening need to be correct as i have been there several times and he has not been open :o (before his problems)

Hope he sorts it all out,and makes a success of the bar.

Well, he was supposed to open on Monday. The word on the street is maybe (definitely - but a Thai told me) Wednesday. I'll have a drive by tomorrow and look.

For sure, if he is re opening, he should have had some huge banner made up to tell people.

If he hasn't revamped the menu and hired some staff I can't see him lasting through 1st quarter 2009 and doubt he will make any cash at all even over Xmas and New Year.

Lights were on one day but shutters sown ever since. Perhaps someone clearing it out and he hasn't come back - you know what Thais are like for useless information.

Heard something about Sawadee Krap bar but perhaps you can fill me in as I don't know the full details. Can't really spend too long in Vinyl as there is not a lot going on.

Lights were on one day but shutters sown ever since. Perhaps someone clearing it out and he hasn't come back - you know what Thais are like for useless information.

Heard something about Sawadee Krap bar but perhaps you can fill me in as I don't know the full details. Can't really spend too long in Vinyl as there is not a lot going on.

HI

Was in Vinyl Friday morning for a couple of hours and was surprised how busy he was .. must have been 8-9 farangs in and out during my stay, maybe I just struck lucky!

Like the brekkie!

TBWG :o

• 2 weeks later...

So whats the score with this place, came past Sawadee tonight and it was dead and across the water was a large blank spot where the Irish bar is, No lights so I guess it was not open. have we got yet another Buri Ram expat bar success story to add to the list or what?

So whats the score with this place, came past Sawadee tonight and it was dead and across the water was a large blank spot where the Irish bar is, No lights so I guess it was not open. have we got yet another Buri Ram expat bar success story to add to the list or what?

It is very strange, Buriram seems to have all the drinkers and Surin seems to have all the bars IMHO.

Dave

It is very strange, Buriram seems to have all the drinkers and Surin seems to have all the bars IMHO.

Dave

Disting

I drive pass these places most nights on the way home from picking up the better half from work.

Sawadee has been like that for quite awhile now. Since its changed hands (?) it seems to be following the lead of the many other Buriram failures :D

The Irish bar (Paddys) has been CLOSED for quite sometime now. Pity, as a lot of someones money was spent on it. Rumors abound about both these places

The french place (Vinyl) was going off last nigh :D Not quite packed, but very busy. It seems that despite the very limited menu, he is getting the punters in :D

There are also a couple of other expat run places around town that get a few regulars most days / nights.

Dave the Dude

Agree Dave. Now if someone could just open a no frills, clean, slightly cheaper eatery with parking in town, I am sure they would do well :o

• 6 months later...

Seems Paddys has run its course. No draught beers, no food and the rare night they open one or two punters at best. He's in Ireland and they're looking to move permanently.

Nice bar but to be fair he had no idea how to run a pub. first timer and it showed.

Could have worked but so be it.

Seems Paddys has run its course. No draught beers, no food and the rare night they open one or two punters at best. He's in Ireland and they're looking to move permanently.

Nice bar but to be fair he had no idea how to run a pub. first timer and it showed.

Hi

You have reasurected an old thread here cos For Sale signs have been posted for a long time now.

I last drove past in march (I believe) and saw them then and then again when Ferang Food Paradise(Norbies2) opened opposite.

Dave

Hi

You have reasurected an old thread here cos For Sale signs have been posted for a long time now.

I last drove past in march (I believe) and saw them then and then again when Ferang Food Paradise(Norbies2) opened opposite.

Dave

Seems the owner ignored a basic business concept.. i.e you need to be open to sell your product!!!!

TBWG :)