BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
binnsy

Irish Bar

The word is that Aiden is back from wherever and Paddy's should re-open tomorrow (today really as after midnight), Monday evening.

I've heard all kinds of stories about this and that but I've spent some time there over the last few months and it was obvious there were issues over cashflow or financing. Hopefully he has been able to sort these out whilst he has been away.

Now the first thing he has to do is recruit some staff, starting with a chef.

He does have aircon but aircon eats money and if there are no punters then ........ Lots spent I think but not wisely. don't think he will survive and it will eventually close.

If he is reopening, and recruits a chef as you suggest, then to ensure the chef actually has something to do, he needs to revamp his menu and sell basically "pub grub" at realistic prices. 99bt for a bowl of cornflakes was just a bad joke!

:D that is good news It is by far the best PUB in Buriram but i figure he needs a little bit of help with staff as its a long day from 09:00 till whenever.

Times of opening need to be correct as i have been there several times and he has not been open :o (before his problems)

Hope he sorts it all out,and makes a success of the bar.

Irish/khmer/american...bar due to open march09 at the fc2's old location according to the local yip-yap,BIg Bad Brad back in town.....

Well, he was supposed to open on Monday. The word on the street is maybe (definitely - but a Thai told me) Wednesday. I'll have a drive by tomorrow and look.

For sure, if he is re opening, he should have had some huge banner made up to tell people.

If he hasn't revamped the menu and hired some staff I can't see him lasting through 1st quarter 2009 and doubt he will make any cash at all even over Xmas and New Year.

:o Went past yesterday and the shutters were still down.With Farang not using the Sawatdee Khrap Bar he is missing a golden chance to get some regular punters.Maybe he has given up?

Lights were on one day but shutters sown ever since. Perhaps someone clearing it out and he hasn't come back - you know what Thais are like for useless information.

Heard something about Sawadee Krap bar but perhaps you can fill me in as I don't know the full details. Can't really spend too long in Vinyl as there is not a lot going on.

Lights were on one day but shutters sown ever since. Perhaps someone clearing it out and he hasn't come back - you know what Thais are like for useless information.

Heard something about Sawadee Krap bar but perhaps you can fill me in as I don't know the full details. Can't really spend too long in Vinyl as there is not a lot going on.

HI

Was in Vinyl Friday morning for a couple of hours and was surprised how busy he was .. must have been 8-9 farangs in and out during my stay, maybe I just struck lucky!

Like the brekkie!

TBWG :o

So whats the score with this place, came past Sawadee tonight and it was dead and across the water was a large blank spot where the Irish bar is, No lights so I guess it was not open. have we got yet another Buri Ram expat bar success story to add to the list or what?

So whats the score with this place, came past Sawadee tonight and it was dead and across the water was a large blank spot where the Irish bar is, No lights so I guess it was not open. have we got yet another Buri Ram expat bar success story to add to the list or what?

It is very strange, Buriram seems to have all the drinkers and Surin seems to have all the bars IMHO.

Dave

It is very strange, Buriram seems to have all the drinkers and Surin seems to have all the bars IMHO.

Dave

Disting

I drive pass these places most nights on the way home from picking up the better half from work.

Sawadee has been like that for quite awhile now. Since its changed hands (?) it seems to be following the lead of the many other Buriram failures :D

The Irish bar (Paddys) has been CLOSED for quite sometime now. Pity, as a lot of someones money was spent on it. Rumors abound about both these places

The french place (Vinyl) was going off last nigh :D Not quite packed, but very busy. It seems that despite the very limited menu, he is getting the punters in :D

There are also a couple of other expat run places around town that get a few regulars most days / nights.

Dave the Dude

Agree Dave. Now if someone could just open a no frills, clean, slightly cheaper eatery with parking in town, I am sure they would do well :o

Seems Paddys has run its course. No draught beers, no food and the rare night they open one or two punters at best. He's in Ireland and they're looking to move permanently.

Nice bar but to be fair he had no idea how to run a pub. first timer and it showed.

Could have worked but so be it.

Seems Paddys has run its course. No draught beers, no food and the rare night they open one or two punters at best. He's in Ireland and they're looking to move permanently.

Nice bar but to be fair he had no idea how to run a pub. first timer and it showed.

Hi

You have reasurected an old thread here cos For Sale signs have been posted for a long time now.

I last drove past in march (I believe) and saw them then and then again when Ferang Food Paradise(Norbies2) opened opposite.

Dave

Hi

You have reasurected an old thread here cos For Sale signs have been posted for a long time now.

I last drove past in march (I believe) and saw them then and then again when Ferang Food Paradise(Norbies2) opened opposite.

Dave

Seems the owner ignored a basic business concept.. i.e you need to be open to sell your product!!!!

TBWG :)

Seems the owner ignored a basic business concept.. i.e you need to be open to sell your product!!!!

TBWG :)

Lion's Den next for you TBWG ? :D