Forum No Longer Working Propertly

LivinLOS

I use FireFox instead of IE most of the time... The site used to be fine..

As of today Firefox can no longer post new threads or reply to threads but IE still can... Thats on 2 seperate machines so appears not to be purely machine / install specific.

I use FireFox instead of IE most of the time... The site used to be fine..

As of today Firefox can no longer post new threads or reply to threads but IE still can...

Testing, testing, (Firefox 1.0PR)

Thats on 2 seperate machines so appears not to be purely machine / install specific.

Maybe "LivinLOS-specific"? :):D:(:):D:wub::D

Edit:

Can edit OK, too. :o

So, what have you done to both machines today? :D New extension? -_-

Edited by RDN

I had the same problem and found that it was caused by having loaded the upgrade over an older version of FireFox. If that is your case, uninstall completely and then reintall and that should fix it. Good luck and let me know. :o

I just downloaded FireFox.... having no problems, pretty good as well isn't it.....!?

totster  :o

I think it's excellent. Must pop out now, but when I get back I'll give you a list of extensions that I use to make it soooooo much better!

OK, here they are:

Allow Right Click

Mouse Gestures

Menu Editor

Ook

Adblock

Image Zoom

Copy Plain Text

BBCode

ieview

BugMeNot

Nuke Anything

Download Statusbar

Close Tab On Double Click

MiniT (drag+indicator)

Spellbound

undoclosetab

PRGoogleBar

The best ones: Adblock, undoclosetab, Mouse Gestures, BBCode, SpellBound (spelling checker).

Have fun! :D

Edited by RDN

Posted using Mozilla Firefox...

totster  :D

Cheers Tots, there was me using mozarella Firefox. Two birds / one stone. Internet browser is now working and that smell of cheese is diminishing - I thank you!

:o

Prego, Con piacere, Buona giornata!

Arrivederci.....

totster :D

Thanks RDN.... I had a quick look through them, but haven't had time to check out what they are all about.... so recommendations would be appreciated... 

Cheers

totster  :D

The best one is "Spellbound", the spelling checker. If LivinLOS had used it, this thread would've been called "Forum No Longer Working Properly". :o:D:D

("Adblock" is actually the best, but I couldn't think of anything sarcastic to say with it.)

• 3 weeks later...
I just downloaded FireFox.... having no problems, pretty good as well isn't it.....!?

totster  :o

I happened on an interview with a spokesperson from Microsoft and followed a link to something called "NetCaptor" which was recommended if you want tabbed browsing. So I went to download.com and downloaded it and was pleasantly surprised with the results.

I do not know all the details but it does put tabs on the bottom of your Internet Windows and keeps those pages ready for you to reuse. I do not pretend to know all about the features but do think it is a better choice than going to other browsers that tend to not be reliable in rendering pages from some sites. Most of the web sites are written to IE and that makes this a good choice for me at least.

Check it out if you are happy with IE but want tabbed browsing as well as some of the other features that are incorporated.

Have fun.

Most of the web sites are written to IE and that makes this a good choice for me at least

Sometimes........... Please be careful ............. I have been using Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbirs for ages and never had a problem. When I used Windows IE I was always in the soup. No!! sites are not written for Windows IE or any other specific program. They are composed in htm, html or other formats, which Microsofts IE, FireFox and a host of other programs can read without a problem. I do not care what they guy from Microsoft said.

Maybe the best rule is when someone tells you something, ask yourselfl "Now who benefits from this if I do as told? " :o

No!! sites are not written for Windows IE or any other specific program. They are composed in htm, html or other formats, which Microsofts IE, FireFox and a host of other programs can read without a problem.

I am not able to do technical battle, nor do I wish to do any kind of battle at all on htm, html and other formats.

I was simply trying to share some information for others that may want tabbed browsing and MSIE. It is perfectly OK with me if you wish to use other browsers.

No!! sites are not written for Windows IE or any other specific program.  They are composed in htm, html or other formats, which Microsofts IE, FireFox and a host of other programs can read without a problem.
I am not able to do technical battle, nor do I wish to do any kind of battle at all on htm, html and other formats.

I was simply trying to share some information for others that may want tabbed browsing and MSIE. It is perfectly OK with me if you wish to use other browsers.

I think what is more is more likely is that the products are tested more thoroughly using IE and not so thoroughly using other browsers. Also, any bugs found when testing with IE are more likely to be fixed first, rather than those found when testing with other browsers. IMHO.

I think what is more is more likely is that the products are tested more thoroughly using IE and not so thoroughly using other browsers. Also, any bugs found when testing with IE are more likely to be fixed first, rather than those found when testing with other browsers. IMHO.

Please do some research before you speak. Check how many updates there have been to Microsoft IE in the last year and then check Firefox and you will be suprised. You will find that Firefox had few bugs and they were fixed instantly. I.E had many errors and it usually took almost a month before an error in code was corrected.

Microsoft is interested in money money money. Firefox is free and is constantly improved upon by it's users that look look and look for bugs. :o

Please do some research before you speak.  Check how many updates there have been to Microsoft IE in the last year and then check Firefox and you will be suprised.  You will find that Firefox had few bugs and they were fixed instantly.  I.E had many errors and it usually took almost a month before an error in code was corrected.

Microsoft is interested in money money money.  Firefox is free and is constantly improved upon by it's users that look look and look for bugs. :o

I am sorry, mouse. I did not make myself clear. What I meant was, it is the manufacturers of products that do not test them thoroughly with browsers such as Firefox. Manufacturers (such as Invision) probably test their products (such as Invision Power Board) most thoroughly with the IE browser as this will satisfy the vast majority of their customers. People - like me - who use Firefox just have to wait for them to fix their product so that it works with both browsers.