Answering Machines, Internet And Wireless

sgunn65

Hi I have just moved to Kanchaniburi and discovered that telephone answering machines do not seem to exist in Thailand!!! Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Also I need wireless internet connection on my site which is 14 rai as well as access to English Language TV including Premier League. Where who what why etc

Thanks

Hi I have just moved to Kanchaniburi and discovered that telephone answering machines do not seem to exist in Thailand!!! Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Also I need wireless internet connection on my site which is 14 rai as well as access to English Language TV including Premier League. Where who what why etc

Thanks

Hi, my answering machine is part of the Panasonic phone I bought from New Union Ban Pong. I would have thought Tescos had them or the elctrical shop not far from the R Kwae Hotel.

I get all the premier football on Truevisions. You should check out their website as they also do internet connections

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Hi There. Andy here. I live the other side of Erawan Falls but Kanchanaburi is my local shopping town. You can get an Anserphone in Tesco a,d Kanuk Kan (spelling) the big Department store - 3rd floor. There is also a couple of good electrical / electronic stores in the Soi that runs down the side of Kasikorn Bank near the bus station.

As mentioned in another posting True Visions is your best bet for TV. The dealer is up the road a bit from The River Kwai Hotel and on the opposite side. You can see it as there is a small carpark in front and the shops are set well back (but visable) from the road. It is also a mobile phone shop next door. Take a Thai speaker / translator with you as the Girls behind the sesk don't speak English. This dealer is also the local installer for True.

Re wifi - I just got a phone line in my (remote) house after 10 years. This because it is a small village. So don't worry too much. TOT are doing a promotion at the moment. I got 2M link (tested at 1.5M) for 1K per month. Their office is just up from the traffic lights in the centre of town on The Supanburi road (about 1/2 way between the traffic lights and the railway crossing). Again take a Thai speaker with you.

I am in Baku and georgia for the next month but ask anything via this site.

Andy

Thanks for the advice. I went everywhere in Kan but could not get an answerphone, however the wife went to Bkk and got me one there. I put in true for the footy for the clients but I have to say its a mistake as I can't use it as an excuse to get out for a beer!!!

WiFi is now in. Because we live on a 6 acre wooded site we had to put down LAN lines and 4 routers but it works a treat everywhere now.