Air Conditioners In Chiang Rai.

Domyamkung

Besides keeping the condenser coils clean you should also keep the evaparator inside filter clean.

If you are keen on reducing electric energy consumption. install a small water pump and a very fine mist spray nozzle and direct it to the condenser coils and the compressor. This will evaporate a lot of the heat and increase your effeciency. Don't know what the trade off is for running the small pump or the supply pump. You can connect the small spay pump to you AC main switch so that comes on and off automatically.

An alternative method could be a fine water mist on the roof of your house to evaporate the heat.

Don

If you are keen on reducing electric energy consumption. install a small water pump and a very fine mist spray nozzle and direct it to the condenser coils and the compressor. This will evaporate a lot of the heat and increase your effeciency. Don't know what the trade off is for running the small pump or the supply pump. You can connect the small spay pump to you AC main switch so that comes on and off automatically.

that's exactly what i said. fact is i designed and built a setup like this in my former home. unfortunately i had to shelve the system some months later because the mineral contents in my water was too high and scales formed on the fins of the condenser. i have the same problem with my well water in Thailand, otherwise all my aircons would be watercooled. however, i recently installed a 36,000 btu unit which is cooled by my pool water and at the same time gives me the desired effect to heat up my pool (which is too cold for my liking from november till march). estimated improvement of efficiency when using 28ºC pool water for cooling the condenser unit is 15%.

post-35218-1208912554_thumb.jpg

I've discovered a laughable and decidedly low-tech method to improve aircon performance during these hot times.

One of the techs who came by demonstrated this for me....If you have an outside compressor unit on a patio, etc., take a bucket of water and splash it on the coils; washes off the dirt and accumulated lint that impedes air flow, and definitely boosts performance for a little while.

I have the CLEANEST compressor unit in town right now, as I have been doing this....uh....probably way more than is necessary! :D

the method is not laughable but extremely efficient! if you have your own well (with water not too "hard"), set up a tank from which you pump with a (rather small) pump water and spray (mist) it with a lawn jet over your condenser (at the suction side) you can double the efficiency of the unit without using more energy. efficiency depends on the water temperature. that applies too for those who have access to cheap municipality water.

Can't see how any of this would work. No cold air comes from the compressor. Maybe some water might cool the compressor for minute, but it wouldn't seem to make the air any cooler at all

Google "wet bulb" .. I believe that is one of the correct terms? It's what makes (wet) cooling towers work. Cooler air across the heat exchanger in the compressor.

Downside is that the fins can get a build-up of scale if the water has too many scale producing dissolved solids. The "cleaning" part, i.e., washing the crud off the fins, will help in a positive and different way.

The heat exchager is thick metal, I doubt that any water would cool it off enough to make a difference to the freon stuff in side, which then provides the coolant needed to cool the fins inside, which then has the air flowing over it... Just too unconnected to the final product, cool air, in my view. But maybe I'm nuts :D

i don't think you are nuts. you are just lacking any technical knowledge :o

That from a guy with his brains spilling out :D

Anyway, the OP found the dream AC he was looking for, and is a lot cooler.

Of course Murphy's Law dictates that we will now have a strange unseasonable bout of cool weather, obviating the need for aircon at all..... :o

It has cooled down quite a bit up here in the North in the last week.

I've discovered a laughable and decidedly low-tech method to improve aircon performance during these hot times.

One of the techs who came by demonstrated this for me....If you have an outside compressor unit on a patio, etc., take a bucket of water and splash it on the coils; washes off the dirt and accumulated lint that impedes air flow, and definitely boosts performance for a little while.

I have the CLEANEST compressor unit in town right now, as I have been doing this....uh....probably way more than is necessary! :D

the method is not laughable but extremely efficient! if you have your own well (with water not too "hard"), set up a tank from which you pump with a (rather small) pump water and spray (mist) it with a lawn jet over your condenser (at the suction side) you can double the efficiency of the unit without using more energy. efficiency depends on the water temperature. that applies too for those who have access to cheap municipality water.

Can't see how any of this would work. No cold air comes from the compressor. Maybe some water might cool the compressor for minute, but it wouldn't seem to make the air any cooler at all

Google "wet bulb" .. I believe that is one of the correct terms? It's what makes (wet) cooling towers work. Cooler air across the heat exchanger in the compressor.

Downside is that the fins can get a build-up of scale if the water has too many scale producing dissolved solids. The "cleaning" part, i.e., washing the crud off the fins, will help in a positive and different way.

The heat exchager is thick metal, I doubt that any water would cool it off enough to make a difference to the freon stuff in side, which then provides the coolant needed to cool the fins inside, which then has the air flowing over it... Just too unconnected to the final product, cool air, in my view. But maybe I'm nuts :D

i don't think you are nuts. you are just lacking any technical knowledge :o

That from a guy with his brains spilling out :D

some people have brains to spill out, others have hardly any :D