Ello all

Guest Steve

Good day everyone, tis a beautiful day in Cape Town :-) Hope you all had a good new years.

My g/friend and i are planning to go to Thailand in June, we dont have work, but will be TEFL accredited. What Im wanting to know is

1- The new visa requirements allows us as South Africans 30 days in Thailand, with no visa, but DOES this allow for us to seek employment without a visa?

2 - If we wanting to look for work in Thailand, what is the best option/course to take?

3- What papaerwork would you recommend we have at hand?

You get 30 days tourist visa on arrival  provided you have a confirmed outbound flight ticket within 30 days. You cannot   be employed at all with a tourist status.   You cannot get a  Non-Immigrant visa until you get an employment offer.   Try applying for a Non-Immigrant B visa in South Africa so as to pursue investment opportunities in Thailand. That visa class enables you to get a job. Present a decent looking letter on letterhead at the Thai Embassy in Pretoria with your  forms seeking a  Non-Immigrant B visa to enable you to look at a variety of business opportunities

• 3 weeks later...

Steve, a good site for you to look at is www.ajarn.com for all teaching jobs. Always have your original papers for all your qualifications available.

My personal advice as someone teaching here for over 2 years is to try to stay out of the cowboy jobs that you might first be given and to look at a number of jobs before you decide where you want to stay.

Even more personal advice is to stay out of Bangkok, if you are still looking in June then you can always give me a mail at [email protected] as I will be be looking for more teachers then.

Until then research the web site and learn as much as you can about the culture and language as you can, it will make 'decompression' easier.

Jonus