Police Hunt For Canadian Drug Dealer

george

Police hunt for Canadian drug dealer

CHIANG MAI: --Police in Thailand's northern city of Chiang Mai are hunting for an alleged Canadian drug dealer.

The man escaped from custody after being detained yesterday in possession of illegal stimulants.

Glenn Ronald ran away after his handcuffs were removed so that he could use the toilet at the provincial tourism police compound in Muang district, according to the local police.

The police had received intelligence reports that Mr. Ronald had been manufacturing illegal narcotics and aphrodisiacs, and selling them over the Internet.

He was arrested on Wednesday morning at his apartment, where a large number of illegal chemicals were found.

--TNA 2004-10-07

Run like the wind boy and don't look back.

This lad has a very difficult phase of his life coming up. I am guessing he does not have a passport, money or change of clothes. Unless he has very good friends that can help him get out of the country and to a Canadian embassy, his future looks very bleak. I am rooting for him to get out of the LOS upright.

And I thought it was all aboot Hockey and Beer, eh?

Thats how the Thai Police will lure him in when they have reason to believe the fugitive is hiding out in Pattaya:

Undercover Volunteer Cop says to the Canadian fugitive: "Hey man, you're from Canada? I got tapes of the World Cup of Hockey and some Molson beer at my flat. Wanna have a look?"

Glenn Ronald ran away after his handcuffs were removed so that he could use the toilet at the provincial tourism police compound in Muang district, according to the local police.

its the keystone cops again !!

although usually i would have little or no sympathy for a falang drug dealer, in this case i hope that the dumb canuck leads the thai police on a long and merry chase.

before eventually being apprehended and facing the judges.

Hmm, a fellow, um, Canadian. :o

Short term, I suggest he get into Cambodia as quickly as possible.

Even the Canadian government can't extradite him from there-to Thailand or back to Canada. And I don't know how much the Cambodians would care-unless they want to suck up to the Thais...

But I'd really like to know what fookin' 'drugs' he was 'manufacturing'?

Everything can be purchased-including methamphetamines-which are one of the only things I can think of that can (rather messily) be manufactured.

I hope he gets away though-and hope he thanks the guards who 'let' him get as far as he has. :D

IA

My bet is that he's a selt-taught chemist brewing up some E. But, selling it over the internet? That sounds stupid, even for a Canuck.

:o

There's just got to be more to it.

If he could make E, there's nothing but woods 1 hour outside of vancouver... and it's close to the US-and those people seriously like their drugs... :D

I'm very curious to hear what's really going on...

IA

I can tell more as I know of the guy, he lives in my apartment block! As I understand it he sold creams which were meant to prevent pregnancy and the transmission of STD's including aids plus other treatments for getting rid of genital warts. This was not an ecstasy or methamphetamine factory; at least not as far as I'm aware. The guy was already in trouble when he was caught though with more than a year overstay on his visa but this is not crime of the century so I guess he must have panicked and done a runner. :o

I can tell more as I know of the guy, he lives in my apartment block! As I understand it he sold creams which were meant to prevent pregnancy and the transmission of STD's including aids plus other treatments for getting rid of genital warts. This was not an ecstasy or methamphetamine factory; at least not as far as I'm aware. The guy was already in trouble when he was caught though with more than a year overstay on his visa but this is not crime of the century so I guess he must have panicked and done a runner. :o

The war on drugs, err, illegal health products has begun. Poor bastard.

The guy is the perfect scapegoat.

Illegal farang manufacturing narcotics on the run! Arrestung or shooting him will make it look like the authorities are doing something; without actually harming the local narcotics business, everybody wins, except the poor guy. :o

Well, well well, from escaped suspected drug manufacturing, preparing chemicals to kill children, we have one member found guilty and sentenced to death,

He'll get the needle

Thank you Constable your Honour. Very refreshing to see your cerebral technique at its' best.

It's a mystery to me why people have so little time on their hands as to be able to appropriately support the Thai Police in one breath or castigate them ALL when ONE of them screws up (Kanchanaburi).

You people should have a think about what your mad drivel produces as far as the intellectually challenged who use the forum as a place to garner FACTS about Thailand, missing friends, missing family etc.

If mods had half a clue, they may also take a hard look at the results of some of this garbage that underemployed twits throw up so they see their names in print and can tell all their mates at the pub on Friday (or every day), about what they learned.

And yes I am working even as I type.

I know for a fact the guy turned himself in accompanied by his lawyer. In the clink at the moment though not yet charged. Apparently supplying prescription drugs without permission carries a sentence of up to 3 years in Thailand; As I previously stated I don't think this is the case but there are a long list of chemicals he was mixing together to make his products so who knows. The real rub is that the Thai police have apparently up to one year to charge him.