Chiang Mai Party Agenda

chanchao

On Saturday night, the owners of the Forest Drunk garden bar are throwing some kind of party at or near Nice Illusion club. I think Forest Drunk itself is closed during low season (It's in the soi between the Three Kings Monument area and Ratchadamnoen Road), but apparently they're throwing some kind of party at Nice Illusion, which is on the Eastern city moat opposite Somphet Market. Don't have any detaisl on this one, I think I'll go check it out but no guarantees about what type of party it is and if it will be fun or not. But in low-season Chiang Mai, you can't really afford NOT to check out a party opportunity.. :o

And then the next day on Sunday 10 October it's the annual anniversary party at Easy Corner bar!! This is basically a shop-house beer bar with some bargirls around, but it's a very relaxed one and good fun when there's a good crowd, which is likely on party days. There will be free food, I'm sure they'll have the cow-on-the-bbq thing as well as some Western and Thai staples. Drinking should be cheap too as I fully intend to just drink the girls' liquor and maybe sponsor a bottle of Sang Som or something. :D Usually the party only gets really going after 10pm or so. Easy Corner is on Loi Kroh Road on the city moat end, in between all the other bars. It's the second one from the corner, next to Bababobo Bar. It'll be the one with all the balloons and the dead cow in front. :-)

As an alternative, the UN Irish Pub on Ratwithee road was very fun last weekend. Good crowd of 20-30-something NGO/teacher types, some Western guys playing music with just anyone joining in singing a mix of pop and folk songs. Note you have to go upstairs to the bar-area.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Yep I know the Bo Ba ba Bo or whatever so with a bit of luck tomorrow night. :o

The weather here at the mo.is miserable,its been raining all day and COLD,getting dark and only 4-30pm and as the say "the nights are fair drawing in"and I have had enough.

Out of office assistant on,shut down the comp.empty coffee mug.

Heard that the baggage loaders are on strike at Gatwick,the tube drivers are rumbling and but hopefully the lounge at Heathrow will be quiet.....thats it.. Im off. :D Next stop C.M.