Hotel/good Guesthouse On Koh Chang

Nickthegreek

Well,

maybe someone here can help,

I am a little tired of reading you must book online etc ect etc,I know at high season,then yes but surely Koh Chang will be dead after Songkran? I only say this because Ayutthay is quiet so I struggle to see that Koh Chang is full....

I am looking for somewhere which is quiet and near the beach for with aircon and about 1000 baht a night...which I think is reasonable,I will do the norm and drive down and get the wife to go in and ask the price which will probaly make it chaeaper as it always,just be good to have some pointers..

Any advice welcome...

i agree Nick

why do you have to book online do they not negotiate on a face to face basis. As in I have an empty hotel if I drop the rate say 20% they will help pay the bills for the maids etc rather than no money at all

Is it a Thai thing?

I am there for 2 weeks in May and have only booked for the 1st 4 nights at the Kacha will i get striped for the next 10 nights?

Kieron

i agree Nick

why do you have to book online do they not negotiate on a face to face basis. As in I have an empty hotel if I drop the rate say 20% they will help pay the bills for the maids etc rather than no money at all

Is it a Thai thing?

I am there for 2 weeks in May and have only booked for the 1st 4 nights at the Kacha will i get striped for the next 10 nights?

Kieron

The Book online thing is in anticipation of low availability of rooms, ie most hotels being full. I can tell you that yesterday there were a fair few people that were coming thru Kai Bae looking in vain for last minute rooms.

Right now though it is clearing up and you should be able to find a room, just perhaps not exactly on your conditions, either in terms of location or price. Few if any resorts are willing to offer low season prices just yet.

It is just frustrating that they are pushing up the prices,I understand we all have to make money,but with the current climate we are all having to fight for business,well thats how it is in Ayutthaya,I know that its not near the beach but I can stay in a lovely four star hotel with an amazing breakfast for 1400 baht per night..

I struggle to see how the prices are justified on Koh Chang for some of the sub standard accomodation that I read about...

Thanks for letting me know its calming down,I guess I anticipated the madness of Songkran and hoped that it would be quieter by thusrday...

The one thing i struggle to get my head around is even if you offer a fair price and they are empty they will not except it..I know we cannot all understand the business mentality of Thais,but surely this is madness?

Rents and property prices on KC are high so this is passed on...couple this with a six month season and an inability to negotiate very well and you get Koh Chang. There are more vacancies now though but no-one is desperate....you have to wait for the wet season for that....

Edited by wilko

• 1 month later...