Working In Rayong, Where To Live?

anothertorres

• 4 months later...
can someone please throw out some areas to recommend for living relatively close to Rayong, but within a reasonable distance to Bangkok? we'll have to travel to Bangkok weekly, but daily work in Rayong.

thanks!

I can put you in touch with the service that my friends used if you want. (free service that was recommended by his company)

If you are on a decent expat contract, you can get fine western standard accomodation around Mabprachan Lake- easy access to route 36, which takes you down to Rayong or links with the Bkk Tollway. And you're surrounded by plenty of expat bars and restaurants, and within easy reach of Pattaya. Nearby International Schools too.

I am partial to Si Racha and Bang Saen, but for me there are 2 big questions 1) The house --- is it really what I want and in a safe place

and 2) is there enough nearby to keep me interested during those long weeks

If you are on a decent expat contract, you can get fine western standard accomodation around Mabprachan Lake- easy access to route 36, which takes you down to Rayong or links with the Bkk Tollway. And you're surrounded by plenty of expat bars and restaurants, and within easy reach of Pattaya. Nearby International Schools too.

And they're cheaper too.

JD - Sri Racha especially is nice but there and BAng Saen are really too far away to be driving every day to Rayong, and especially back when there's more traffic on the roads.