Hello There. Can I Get Some Help Please?

Kyle

Hello everyone, I wonder if I could impose on someone for a little bit of translation. If someone can please translate the text on this coin/charm (I'm not sure what the proper name for it would be) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/kwi...ttoodesktop.jpg

I've been doing some searching around for help and the best I've gotten was a small bit of info from a chinese contact I met. According to him, the text along the top and down each side refers to a temple and a blessing (may god be with you" is what he said). Neither of us could figure out the text along the bottom unfortunately. He also told me that the character on it represents Sun Wukong.

I would quite appreciate any help that I could get from anyone reading as this was a gift that I treasure and I would like to know more about it, as I plan to have it tattooed on my arm as a permanent reminder of/tribute to a very important friend of mine.

Once again, thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for a good forum and community that I can read and learn from with almost every post.

Cheers,

Kyle

I'm not sure about the chinese script but I will forward it to my friend to see whether she can translate it for you. As for the Thai translation it says Luang Pu meaning one's grandfather or all of whom are in the priesthood and huai jia I believe means monkey.

I'm not sure but I think he is also referred to Aor Kong and Hanuman. The monkey king is revered in much of Chinese, Hindu, and Thai mythology. Sorry cudn't be of more help but I'll try to get back to you about the chinese translation.

The top 3 Chinese characters 唐來宮. the first 2 characters are used frequently in the novel Journey to the West in which Sun WuKong is one of the main characters. These 2 characters usually mean "coming from China". The last character means a palace. The 3 characters together likely mean "The Palace from China".

The pharse 南無阿彌陀佛 (the 6 characters of the right and left hand sides) is a common Buddism pharse. It is the Chinese translation from Sanskrit "namo amitabha". It roughly means "give myself to Buddha" or "follow the buddha". I am not a Buddhist and cannot provide a good translation; contact a Buddhist to get a proper translation. Refer this link for details

http://tewem.tripod.com/Pg_Bud_Amitabha.htm