Trip Back Home To Meet The Parents In Kk For Song Kran

jfchandler

To answer PaddyThai's question above, I don't know anything new, or have anything new to report, beyond my prior post of June 7. Haven't heard from her in any form since just prior to then, as I previously reported.

Last time she and I talked, I told her I wanted her to explain to me what was going on with her, her "problem", when she could. She also said she might be coming back to BKK for a visit sometime in the future. But since then, no communication. So, since that time, I haven't attempted any further communication. If she wants to talk or pursue anything, she knows where to find me.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To answer PaddyThai's question above, I don't know anything new, or have anything new to report, beyond my prior post of June 7. Haven't heard from her in any form since just prior to then, as I previously reported.

Last time she and I talked, I told her I wanted her to explain to me what was going on with her, her "problem", when she could. She also said she might be coming back to BKK for a visit sometime in the future. But since then, no communication. So, since that time, I haven't attempted any further communication. If she wants to talk or pursue anything, she knows where to find me.

'jfchandler=2008-06-24 09:13:14'post='2050437

sorry to hear outcome,but look on the bright side,you did n't part with a million baht.Most of us have been through something similar.

Can you remember a time when you were dating in your home country and when you went to meet the parents for the first time, you were confronted with 'buy us a house' and then you can marry our daughter????

Please remember that the trend in Thailand seems to be for the majority of these girls to obtain as much money and eventually, a home that you cannot own.

Would you consider buying a home in your home country for your girlfriend's parents in their name, knowing that you have no legal rights to the home, including no rights to live there?

Think about it. If any of these girls, from the bar, office, street, or wherever come at you to buy a house for her or her family, then run quickly to the airport and book yourself on a flight out of Thailand and then return again later as a single man with more knowledge.

As long as farang men continue to buy these houses, then these ladies will continue to play the same game.

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there JC.

Time to move on my friend.

Sounds like she is going to be out of your life now.

You're a good man. You'll find another.

Hang in there JC.

Time to move on my friend.

Sounds like she is going to be out of your life now.

You're a good man. You'll find another.

Well said! :o:D

Thanks for the recent replies and comments...

I've moved on...and am doing quite nicely now... with my bank account still untouched....

Since then, I've met one BKK nurse who specifically has told me she's not after her mate's money because she's proud to have her own job (a good sign if her actions end up matching her words), another lady who hasn't asked me for a dime in the past two months together, and.... you knew it had to happen....

a third lady from Isaan who is an absolute cutie.... has a professional job working for a Thai government ministry in Bangkok, and who, shortly after we met, asked me to loan her 400,000 baht for an operation from her Mom....

I very politely told her no.... I don't loan or give money for things like that, especially with someone I have just met, though I also told her I certainly understood her wanting to do whatever she could for her Mom. (I didn't even bother to ask about the details with the Mom, since I knew I wasn't going to go down that road.)

At the time, I thought...maybe...that would be the end of her... But, she's kept in touch with me since then, and lately, bought me a gift to give to my parents during a current trip back to the U.S. Still, I'm remaining a bit wary.....

Unbeleivable, ..seems like a set up to me,.got you feeling insecure,cant take care of her, what a joke,..a normal family would never make a request like that,.get out while you still have your money, if my inlaws had shown me that quality on the first ( or any ) meeting i would not have married their daughter, its a buyers market remember ,. ( ps, i wrote this after only reading your initial post )

Edited by imaneggspurt

No worries JC...

See lots of em out there.

My wife is leaving me tomorrow. ( no shit and in some ways, "don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out"...)

I hope I can be as lucky as you.

Choc dii

ok...

Since I don't know anyone on here except for 2 people, I'm going to air my dirty laundry.

I'm right now experiencing the "Thai woman break up policy"...ya know the one where they act like a 12 year old who has had thier Disney Channel taken away.

Earlier today, a former girlfriend Skyped me. We are still friends. I have told her that I was married and living in Thailand. ( The ex is from Bangkok ) Now the wife has packed all her shit, told me that I have cheated on her, that I do not love her anymore and I just got her out of the bathroom where she was screaming so loud that I could hear her in the front yard.

Total bi-polar behavior.

I have told her that I love her, which I do..but I'm not going to tolerate this kinda behavior. I have done this before with an American woman who was bi-polar, stuck it out for 11 years putting up with this kinda crap and I'm not going to do it again.

I promised her that I would "block" the ex girlfriend on my Skype, which I have done ( I have never contacted the ex, she always seems to contact me, my fault, when she does, I email her a response...I regrese...she is Musluim and we broke apart first off because she was deported from the US where we lived together and it was known between us that I would not convert to a muslium, so she told me no chance of ever being together..)

My wife currently will not listen to me when I tell her that that as far as I'm concerned, I am finished with this other woman, she tells me that I'm still in love with her, no matter what I say.

My point is...and I guess my question is..

I cannot and will not put up with this kind of behavior, she's 40 years old and acting like a 12 year old..I had this before in my life and do not want it again.

I'm ready to tell her to just get the phuk out, not to come back and leave me the phuk alone.

I'm I an asshol_e for thinking like this?

I didn't want this other woman to contact me and have told her that, but she still does.

I'm I being to hard on my current, which I am legally married to, and have now told her that unless she calms down she can leave now?

I'm too old for this shit. :o

This all reminds me of a song..

" Take away the sensations inside,

bitter sweet migrane in my mind.

It's like a throbbing toothace of the mind.

I can't take this anymore.

Drain the pressure from the swelling.

This sensation is overwhelming.

Give me a long kiss goodnight,

and everything will be alright.

Tell me that I won't feel a thing...

Give me Novacaine. "

~ Green Day

Sorry...back on post here...

ok...

Since I don't know anyone on here except for 2 people, I'm going to air my dirty laundry.

I'm right now experiencing the "Thai woman break up policy"...ya know the one where they act like a 12 year old who has had thier Disney Channel taken away.

Earlier today, a former girlfriend Skyped me. We are still friends. I have told her that I was married and living in Thailand. ( The ex is from Bangkok ) Now the wife has packed all her shit, told me that I have cheated on her, that I do not love her anymore and I just got her out of the bathroom where she was screaming so loud that I could hear her in the front yard.

Total bi-polar behavior.

I have told her that I love her, which I do..but I'm not going to tolerate this kinda behavior. I have done this before with an American woman who was bi-polar, stuck it out for 11 years putting up with this kinda crap and I'm not going to do it again.

I promised her that I would "block" the ex girlfriend on my Skype, which I have done ( I have never contacted the ex, she always seems to contact me, my fault, when she does, I email her a response...I regrese...she is Musluim and we broke apart first off because she was deported from the US where we lived together and it was known between us that I would not convert to a muslium, so she told me no chance of ever being together..)

My wife currently will not listen to me when I tell her that that as far as I'm concerned, I am finished with this other woman, she tells me that I'm still in love with her, no matter what I say.

My point is...and I guess my question is..

I cannot and will not put up with this kind of behavior, she's 40 years old and acting like a 12 year old..I had this before in my life and do not want it again.

I'm ready to tell her to just get the phuk out, not to come back and leave me the phuk alone.

I'm I an asshol_e for thinking like this?

I didn't want this other woman to contact me and have told her that, but she still does.

I'm I being to hard on my current, which I am legally married to, and have now told her that unless she calms down she can leave now?

I'm too old for this shit. :D

Many people can act like a 12 year old if they believe the other half is having an affair. :o

If you have the patience - try to cool things down a little.

Maybe ask her if she wants to follow you to the goldshop where you will buy her a token of your true love :D

Anyway........you are the only person who can finally judge how to solve the present situation :D

NEVER, would I put up with a clinging jealous woman. I did a fifteen year tour of duty listening to really stupid accusations and bull crap. Guess which one of was caught cheating? HINT, it wasn't me.

No worries JC...

See lots of em out there.

My wife is leaving me tomorrow. ( no shit and in some ways, "don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out"...)

I hope I can be as lucky as you.

Choc dii

If you truely love your wife then you may need to accomodate her feelings and make her feel better about the fact you had contact with another woman on skype. There were many relationships in my past where I was not prepared to bend my ways for any lady that entered my world but that changed when I met my wife. Marriage is a compromise. Those who say they carry on regardless of their wives feelings usually do so because they have an arrangement not love holding them together. Would you have been arguing if you had not had contact with an ex-girlfriend. How is your relationship otherwise?

ok...

I'm too old for this shit. :D

Many people can act like a 12 year old if they believe the other half is having an affair. :o

If you have the patience - try to cool things down a little.

Maybe ask her if she wants to follow you to the goldshop where you will buy her a token of your true love :D

Anyway........you are the only person who can finally judge how to solve the present situation :D

Good advice for the crazy Norseman(He's too old to rape and pillage anymore BTW)

Gpdjohn

I think you are being reasonable and I hope the 'dust' settles quickly.

Ending your relationship should not be threatened that easily and as Bergan said, you need to CALMLY talk this over.

Good Luck

Auntie Dave

Don't worry mate,

She will be back as if nothing ever happened.

Sureassure

Well, she has come around. After me showing her how she was throwing stuff around, and one hellava headache ( after half a bottle of Absoult Rasberri, no financial interest here ) and me explaining on how idiotic she was behaving, she is like putty in my hands.

If I'd want to go 3rd input today, she woulda said "Yes" :o

That's how sorry she is. Did tell her that it was over between the other and I, and I meant it. I do love her, heck, that's why I married her...I mean..I'm 54 yrs old and have been around the block a few times. I'm no virgin anymore, so I'm glad she's with me. Time to settle down ya know..I'm tired of being a slut.

But I have explained to her that next time, she will find herself in a cab heading to the airport with all her luggage for her trip home to Bangkok on a one way ticket.

No shit.

Sorry to vent last night.

Didn't mean to air the old dirt. But just had to let it out, if even on a keyboard.

Don't worry mate,

She will be back as if nothing ever happened.

Sureassure

Well, she has come around. After me showing her how she was throwing stuff around, and one hellava headache ( after half a bottle of Absoult Rasberri, no financial interest here ) and me explaining on how idiotic she was behaving, she is like putty in my hands.

If I'd want to go 3rd input today, she woulda said "Yes" :D

That's how sorry she is. Did tell her that it was over between the other and I, and I meant it. I do love her, heck, that's why I married her...I mean..I'm 54 yrs old and have been around the block a few times. I'm no virgin anymore, so I'm glad she's with me. Time to settle down ya know..I'm tired of being a slut.

But I have explained to her that next time, she will find herself in a cab heading to the airport with all her luggage for her trip home to Bangkok on a one way ticket.

No shit.

Sorry to vent last night.

Didn't mean to air the old dirt. But just had to let it out, if even on a keyboard.

:o:D