Members Suggestions And Recommendations

p1p

The following are additions from various members....

Fresh and Clean Laundry.

Tongkaw Apartments

Tongkaw road.

Half a mile down from ITM Massage School.

Good People, Great service, your whites stay white. Colours washed seperatly.

English/Thai Speaking.

They do

Washing.

Ironing.

Tumble Drying.

Everything from shirts to blankets to cuddly toys.

Good for the rainy season if you don't have a dryer at home open from 6am till 8:30/9:00pm.

If anyone needs a locksmith in Chiangmai, I can vouch for Sangha Locksmiths as my Thai wife is a locksmith there ! The main branch is at Chiangmai Gate, opposite the market and next to the Seven Eleven. Unless my wife or I am there, little or no English is spoken. Good locksmiths and very cheap by any measure. Their number is 053 - 271768.

One hospital not on the above list is the Central Memorial Chiang Mai Hospital (or whichever word order it is in Thai!) up the Chang Klan Road. I have unfortunately had to make two visits and although the staff speak precious little English the doctors do and have been well treated both times. Not very expensive, and not very full either, so waiting times were short.

rych

Prem Tinsulanonda International School

234 Moo 3,

T. Huay Sai,

A. Mae Rim,

Chiang Mai 50180

Phone 053 301500

[email protected]

<a href="http://www.premcenter.in.th" target="_blank">http://www.premcenter.in.th</a>

Generally recognised as one of the best schools in South East Asia, Please contact them for full details of the syllabus they offer from Kindergarten to G12. (IGSE with various parts of the International Baccalaureate)

Just to let you know - Prem no longer offers IGCSE - no demand for it by the students and additionally the IB is more than enough for kids hoping to get into great Universities.

[ :o if you have no insurance and worry about your medical bill, check out the instance insurance available at most hospital....my brother just got a discount about 18 000 bath for his hospital bill. take advantage on the insurance special quota - only for eligible. anyway it was only a simple application. Well,..why not ..have nothing to lose..

get your medical bill discount by joining a package - Health Cash Plan= if you have any surgical or treatment which over 30 000 bath and above... You can get a reduce up to maximum of 20%.

I know that building has caused many problems for people, so if anybody is looking for an honest, reliable, quality builder in Chiang Mai that charges a sensible price, then I can personally vouch for Piyachai Chaipradit of San Patong, who is currently building me a 12 room for rent apartment block.

He can be reached on 0804 03004 and speaks enough English to communicate with.

I am of course happy to discuss what he has done for me.

David

P.S. I am also a satisfied user of Chiang Mai Central Memorial Hospital on the Chang Klan Road.

• 1 month later...

I thought it might be good to have another thread were people can report positive experience with businesses in Chiang Mai (ah yes, it does happen!), so I am going to start this one. Three weeks ago I bought a new Pocket PC Phone at Chi Chang in the Robinson department store. Unfortunately, I found out that the 4GB memory chip which Chi Chang gave away for free with the purchase, was defective. I called the company and they promised to replace it. It took them about 10 days to get a replacement, but they eventually fulfilled their promise and installed the new Micro SD RAM chip for me. They also gave me a free Bluetooth headphone and helped me trouble-shooting software configuration problems with the integrated GPS. I can recommend this shop to anyone wanting to buy a new gadget. I found their staff to be friendly and helpful.

Cheers, CMX

Power System Computer in Computer Plaza, second floor directly ahead of you as you walk in. Excellent all round, especially with the old english lingo.

Dtac. Always found them to offer efficient service.

Toyota at Niyom Panich, but lacking in english skills.

Siam Tv.

Lots of others.

In general i have very few negative experiences with companies here, nearly always positive ones.

A recent trip back to england brought into sharp focus memories of really poor service.

We get it really good here in thailand, and especially so in chiang mai.

I ate at Miguel's Mexican Cafe last night and I have to say that it is the only Mexican restaurant in Asia where I ever am sure that I am eating real California style Mexican food. I love the place! :o

Have to agree, i ate there the other day for the first time, i will be back soon yum yum :D

Niyom Panich by Airport Plaza, and Sacha Panich near the Rajabat, for Honda bike purchase and repair. Nobody gets it right perfectly every time, but they come very close.

Miguel's Mexican restaurant. Every time.

Amazing Sandwich, Bake and Bite, Sizzler. Almost always.

I ate at Miguel's Mexican Cafe last night and I have to say that it is the only Mexican restaurant in Asia where I ever am sure that I am eating real California style Mexican food. I love the place! :o

Hi,

Would u be so kind give me the address pls..

Thks

• 4 months later...

As a newcomer I thought I'd get off to a good start by making a complaint.

It just amazes me how many posters recommend places such as "Miguel's" without taking the trouble to describe clearly and in accurate detail where these places are.

Its as if they were old hands writing to one another. And when they sometimes make a half hearted effort its so sketchy as to be quite useless to a newcomer.

There you are. Gripe over.

• 2 weeks later...
As a newcomer I thought I'd get off to a good start by making a complaint.

It just amazes me how many posters recommend places such as "Miguel's" without taking the trouble to describe clearly and in accurate detail where these places are.

Its as if they were old hands writing to one another. And when they sometimes make a half hearted effort its so sketchy as to be quite useless to a newcomer.

There you are. Gripe over.

What gets me is the signs for institutions that no longer exist...