Favourite Restaurants

The Vulcan

Was in HH last week for a short break and did some splurge eating. Having seen a recommendation on Mark Wiens YouTube channel (he is an Asian street food guru) I tried out the lobster thermidore at Lung Ja in the night market. Generally I am not keen on eating in the night market. The restaurants are often unclean, and can be very hot, service frequently poor, and prices are much higher than less touristy areas - approx. 50% more than the “local” seafood restaurants in takiab thong village. Having said all of that I was really pleased with the meal. The lobster meat was perfectly cooked, really tender (unlike the tough tiger prawns in most places) and the sauce was surprisingly good with a very rich cheesy flavor. Obviously not cheap by local standards but will definitely return again. Think I paid 2000 baht for a good portion for 2 people. Recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

One point to always have in mind with Hua Hin restaurants.

Once you like a place and become sort of a regular, you will usually see the quality of service dropping as well as the quality of the food they will give you. Same with many other services like tailors, handymen, gardners or similar services,  that you use regularly.

The usual thai mistake to start to take the regular foreigner customer for granted.

The best way to avoid this,  is to have a good set of places you like and at the slightest glitch in service or quality, just drop the place for a few weeks or better a month.

It's some form of absurd local logic in taking regular customers for granted, so don't fall for it.