Favourite Restaurants

The Vulcan

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is, or at least used to be more than one Mr. Burger. The one I know about is probably the only one if there is only one left, and was the best one when there were multiple ones so I will attempt to give you directions to that one. It is called Mr. Burger 3 and has a big sign saying that out front of what looks like just a driveway.

It is on the Klong Road a bit past where the old immigration office used to be. There are many ways to get there but I think this is the simplest to describe. From Market Village go north (Cha-Am or Bangkok direction) on Phetkasem Road through down town Hua Hin and turn left on Soi 10. Take Soi 10 to the Klong road (called that by most foreigners because it runs next to a big canal) and turn right. The Klong road is the road you hit a little way after you cross the railroad tracks on Soi 10. In about a kilometer after you turn right on the Klong road you will see Mr. Burger 3 on the right hand side.

Selection_003.png

Thanks.. Your description and map make it look so easy

• 3 weeks later...

I have eaten three times in the last two days at Twiggs Bakery in Prachuap KK. Just opened - this place has really set the bench mark a whole lot higher.

Well worth checking out.

Totally agree, top service and decor. The food and laos coffee are exceptional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Must all be tourists I see in the restaurants then! jap.gif

I have had holidays there and enjoyed both places you suggested. I found it hard to get authentic thai food (most places i went to held back on the spicy bits), but found a place called Bam Bam's down Poolsuk Rd near O'Neils Bar. Food is excellent and as a good sign a lot of the locals (expats and thais) eat there alot.

Also if you want to go a bit upmarket there is the Lets Sea which is about half way down the beach towards Koh Takiab. Had a dinner in the Chinese on the 17th floor at the Hilton which was very good.

Did not try places, but where they have the night markets there are supposed to be a lot of good places in and around that area.

Good bars I went to were O'Neils, Johnny Walkers, London Lounge, Monsoon Bar.

:burp: :burp: :burp: :burp:

If you go to the London Bar pay for your drinks one by one.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I just had dinner at Tony's, Cha Am with the family and it was a unique experience. The waiter needed my wife to write his orders for our table as he was semi-illiterate, he brought a large plate of chips instead of fish and chips but I wish I had kept the chips because the fish was the worst I've ever eaten (only ate a couple of mouth fulls) in Thailand. I'm not a fussy eater, but the food was inedible even for me. There was this big old Scandinavian sitting on the next table who stared at us. I think he may have been the owner as none of the staff seemed to have a problem with him sitting there without food and drink grunting at customers.

• Haha 1

Haha. So you made the mistake at Tony's too.

Chao Lay is still up there. Tapas place near there is nice. Can't remember the name. A lot of the others opposite the Hilton have become overpriced over the years.. Sakura nice Japanese but busy further out near Tesco.

• 1 month later...

On our way back to Prachuap the other day my wife and myself felt like some indian food. We have never tried The Royal Indian in Hua Hin before so we gave it a shot. Very glad we did as the food was very tasty and plenty of it. The bill left a sweet taste in the mouth too as it was not as expensive as some other Indian restaurants in Hua Hin. Very friendly owners and in a relaxed atmosphere. Will be our favourite Indian restaurant the next time we have the Indian craving....which is alot!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just read through the last couple of pages here. great info guys!

I'm in Hua Hin next month and certainly fancy a feed at the Royal Indian. Also read a lot recently about PKK. only stayed there passing through before so maybe spend a few days down there too. Twiggs appears to be well recommended. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

A new Chinese restaurant as opened on soi 94 hua hin the same food as you get in England,the food is good real chow mein,

crispy duck, BBQ spare ribs, all the dishes that you miss from home, its on the cross roads near the new food court well worth a visit and reasonable prices as well

sophie5

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed a meal with my friends at Oy's Restaurant, and although it is a bit of

a walk to get to, there is lots of parking for cars and motorcycles. The food was

good and the portions were okay as well. I also ate at the Food court or what

ever it is called near the tracks at soi 88. The free music was okay, ant the

food was good once we got it. Beer price was reasonable and lots of places

to sit at if you get there early. It fills up once the band starts playing.

Geezer

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to be in Hua Hin over Christmas, does anyone know of a good place for dinner, For, Ham, Turkey, Prime Rib, Crab, Cesar Salad, Cramberry, A Buffet, or a 3-5 course dinner? Most of the Hotels are offering this, but they are Expensive, 2500-3500 baht. I would Appreciate any help you can give me. Buffet lunch would be ok too. We would be bringing are own wine. Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Must all be tourists I see in the restaurants then! jap.gif

Im at Pranburi and like to go to Evason for lunch and lie down on their recliners upstairs in the restaurant........you can just walk in no problem, nice sea view good breeze and fairly quiet. I like their food , each to their own however.

• 6 months later...

‘Mexican s 94’ - in my opinion has the best Mexican food in Hua Hin, with large portions and low prices. This little known open front place is on Charoen Phatthana 2 Soi, about 75 meters south of Soi 94. GPS: N12.5540 E099.9541. This lady worked 2 years in Iraq to save up some money to come home to start her own restaurant. Clean, tidy, all ingredients are fresh and there is Thai & western food too. Also beer, wine & mixed drinks. She does everything alone and by herself so somtimes there is a bit of a wait but worth it. Stay away from the beef tho as somtimes it is chewy. There is parking around the corner in front of where Korat Kitchen used to be and she will do take away if you want to eat at home. Even when we eat somplace else we often stop here for Mexican food to take home to eat later or next day.

Another newly opened place worth a try is ‘Mon Bistro’ on Hiway 4 just south of the S curve flyover, about 100 meters south of Soi 112, across Hiway 4 from Vana Nava Water Jungle. GPS: N12.5323 E099.9608 Nicely furnished, air conditioned, has their own parking lot, friendly staff, huge drinks menu including all sorts of teas, coffees, mocha, cupuchino, latte, etc, Only alcohol is 2 brands of beer but that will probably change soon. The place is so new they are still doing the landscaping. We had large pork chop with black pepper gravy at ฿159 special - regular ฿179 and spring chicken steak so tender it was not recognizable as chicken at ฿139.

• Like 1

Whilst traveling down to Prachaup Khiri Khan last week, I saw several signs for Chomview Restaurant just outside Cha Am.

So as it was lunchtime I decided to stop there for lunch.

Well, what a find, great beachfront location, super fresh seafood and great service.

Would recommend to anyone, we really enjoyed our lunch and will definitely return the next time we pass.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today we tryed a new place, opened 6 months ago, Pane e Focaccia on Soi 70, upper Hua Hin School, just before Itisukkato Hua Hin Temple on the way to go Wat Huoy Mong Kol .

It is a small deli shop with a few tables, mostly the produce bread and pizzas, with real professional hand.

Good pizzas and focaccias, sandwices, pasta, desserts, coffe shop.

They work as a restaurant just for lunch from monday to thursday, also for dinner but just with booking also on friday and saturday, closed on sunday.

Also they have a lot of frozen ready to eat foods, as pastas, sauces, lasagna, ossobuco, gnocchi and so on.

We had breakfast with raisin roll, very good, pizza with ham and rocket salad, generous piece at 45 thb, very good, my daughter she take a sandwic with italian salame and a perfect Cappuccino and good coffee.

Also they have a few italian products on sale as cold cuts, salami, cheeses, pickled, canned, oil, pasta and so on...and a lot of cheese from Del Casaro Factory.

We will be back for pasta with the friends who talked us about this place.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

So far tried quite a few places , best for me thus far is Passport Cafe . Great burgers and excellent grilled pork chops . Prices are very reasonable . Burgers taste like there cooked in your own back yard . I was very impressed . Right across from Tropical Hills ....

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

New one at top of the Soi 88 hill.  Past the court house and keep going to the very top of the hill, on the right.  Hunter Steak Restaurant, GPS = N 12.55555, E 099.92950.  Good value, clean, and friendly service.  Steaks, fish, pizza, Thai, etc.  I like their spaghetti carbonera but everything we have tried has been good.  Very reasonable prices, mostly under 100฿, almost nothing over 200฿.  And steaks, fish, etc come with a small actual salad, not just a slice of tomato on top of a bit of lettuce.  Last time we were there, when we left it started to rain so they even handed us umbrellas and walked with us to our car.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like Indian food and a good curry you cant go past S&S indian restaurant on Soi 94.  Ive only been to Hua Hin 3 times and I never forget to go to this place.  Its possibly the best Indian food that Ive tasted in Thailand.  Big portions without the big price tag.

They also sell nice cold beer that goes down well with their curry dishes.  Sometimes they are very busy but if you are lucky you may get a quiet night, either way its worth dining there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like someone is building a new small food court about a block north of the 20 baht store and across the street from the existing one.  On the Soi between Soi 94 and the Soi 88 food court.  Nice little open air restaurant serving spaghetti, Vietnamese and Thai food, beer, wine, soft drinks, and good burgers in a nice black bread flax seed bun with a choice of duck, pork, chicken, beef or lamb.  Large letters standing on the roof say ‘Burgers & More‘   N 12º 33’ 22.6” x E 099º 57’ 18.6"

Edited by chaz2
forgot word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 99 Cafe is another nice option and incredibly inexpensive.  Same Soi as Burgers & More, 1/2 way from there to the Soi 88 Food Court, west side of the street.  A ฿99 special every day after 1:00 pm.  But closed Mondays.  My favorites are fish and chips on Fridays and a substantial roast dinner including Yorkshire pudding on Sundays.  Can’t beat that with a stick at ฿99 and the portions are large.  Also they have western breakfast all day.  GPS N12º 33’ 31.319” x E99º 57‘ 17.999”  Or if you use decimals = N12.5587º x E099.9550º

Hunter Steak Restaurant at top of the Soi 88 hill as posted July 25 2017 also has good fish and chips every day at ฿88 but theirs is breaded.  At 99 Cafe its battered.  Both are good and plenty on the plate.

By the way, ‘Mexican S 94’, as posted July 16 2016, has been closed for a long time.  Wud appreciate if somone can steer us onto some good Mexican food in Hua Hin other than at the big expensive hotels.  99 Cafe has some but not a complete Mexican meal.

• 7 months later...

Orchid Restaurant just round the corner from the Hilton is without a doubt the best food i have eaten.

Ive tried most meals from there, all Thai but a couple with a little Indian influence. All excellent.

I was told its the only kitchen with a 'king' rating? or something similar. Ive never officially seen this rating just told by someone there, either way its very good

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2017 at 1:09 PM, CMKiwi said:

If you like Indian food and a good curry you cant go past S&S indian restaurant on Soi 94.  Ive only been to Hua Hin 3 times and I never forget to go to this place.  Its possibly the best Indian food that Ive tasted in Thailand.  Big portions without the big price tag.

Love this place - S & S have the best Indian food!! They also deliver to your house through this terrific service that is quick and affordable: www.richestdelivery.com

On 8/4/2016 at 11:15 AM, Ciocco said:

Today we tryed a new place, opened 6 months ago, Pane e Focaccia on Soi 70, upper Hua Hin School, just before Itisukkato Hua Hin Temple on the way to go Wat Huoy Mong Kol .

It is a small deli shop with a few tables, mostly the produce bread and pizzas, with real professional hand.

Good pizzas and focaccias, sandwices, pasta, desserts, coffe shop.

They work as a restaurant just for lunch from monday to thursday, also for dinner but just with booking also on friday and saturday, closed on sunday.

Also they have a lot of frozen ready to eat foods, as pastas, sauces, lasagna, ossobuco, gnocchi and so on.

We had breakfast with raisin roll, very good, pizza with ham and rocket salad, generous piece at 45 thb, very good, my daughter she take a sandwic with italian salame and a perfect Cappuccino and good coffee.

Also they have a few italian products on sale as cold cuts, salami, cheeses, pickled, canned, oil, pasta and so on...and a lot of cheese from Del Casaro Factory.

We will be back for pasta with the friends who talked us about this place.

Yes it’s very good. We’ve been twice for sandwiches and have bought deli meats and cheeses and all good quality and well priced. Place is super clean and service excellent