Work Permit/no Degree

Many people read this board and believe what they read. It's your right to post whatever you want within the limits of the forum's rules. However, I asked for you to substantiate your post and you have behaved irrationally and avoided my request - no problem. People can read this thread and make their own decision whether your information is valid or not.

As a recruiter and manager of foreign teachers I take these types of post seriously. As Aussiestyle says - it may not of happened but it may happen in the future. However, nobody has shown it has happened up to now.

Edited by Loaded

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people read this board and believe what they read. It's your right to post whatever you want within the limits of the forum's rules. However, I asked for you to substantiate your post and you have behaved irrationally and avoided my request - no problem. People can read this thread and make their own decision whether your information is valid or not.

As a recruiter and manager of foreign teachers I take these types of post seriously. As Aussiestyle says - it may not of happened but it may happen in the future. However, nobody has shown it has happened up to now.

....as a recruiter of foreign teachers you should ALREADY know about this sort of thing.....get up to speed!

....as a recruiter of foreign teachers you should ALREADY know about this sort of thing.....get up to speed!

I do. It hasn't happened. You are a liar.

Edited by Loaded

As a recruiter of foreign teachers, you seem to be very unprofessional. To straight out call someone a liar, apart from being arrogant, is just plain stupid. I doubt you are a genius by the way you carry on, but to assume that just because you did not hear about something it did not happen, is very naieve. Are you saying that you know everything there is to know about and know everything that goes on in the education and immigration system in Thailand about teacher working without work permit crackdowns? If so, it would be safe to say that you will will the lotto if you bought a ticket. How do you know it hasn't happened? Did someone tell you it hasn't happened? Did you read that it hasn't happened? Or, are you just assuming it hasn't happened because the all mighty and powerful you has not heard about it happening? Anyway, just like you asked your good buddy wilko; prove that it hasn't happened. What evidence do you have?

...ho hmm a sad reflection on your professionality and abilities wouldn't you think?

Does you boss know what you're doing during working hours?

I am the boss.

You explicitly stated an official walked into a classroom of a teacher who didn't have correct papers. You cannot state when or where. You talk about crackdowns but other than 'my mate told me' anecdotes, you offer no evidence. You lied. I only use one insult with you - liar - as it's proven.

Yes, I do know it's illegal to work without a work permit, but many people without (maybe all) work without a problem. The only teachers I heard that had problems were from a school that was raided because teachers used fake documents to apply for work permits. I think around 18 months ago. Other than that nothing.

Why did you lie?

Edited by Loaded

I doubt you are a genius by the way you carry on, but to assume that just because you did not hear about something it did not happen, is very naieve. Are you saying that you know everything there is to know about and know everything that goes on in the education and immigration system in Thailand about teacher working without work permit crackdowns? If so, it would be safe to say that you will will the lotto if you bought a ticket. How do you know it hasn't happened? Did someone tell you it hasn't happened? Did you read that it hasn't happened? Or, are you just assuming it hasn't happened because the all mighty and powerful you has not heard about it happening? Anyway, just like you asked your good buddy wilko; prove that it hasn't happened. What evidence do you have?

You sound like an unemployed degree-less Australian train driver who had no, if not any, formal education. What's your problem? Did you come to Thailand, teach, and fail miserably?

Edited by Loaded

I doubt you are a genius by the way you carry on, but to assume that just because you did not hear about something it did not happen, is very naieve. Are you saying that you know everything there is to know about and know everything that goes on in the education and immigration system in Thailand about teacher working without work permit crackdowns? If so, it would be safe to say that you will will the lotto if you bought a ticket. How do you know it hasn't happened? Did someone tell you it hasn't happened? Did you read that it hasn't happened? Or, are you just assuming it hasn't happened because the all mighty and powerful you has not heard about it happening? Anyway, just like you asked your good buddy wilko; prove that it hasn't happened. What evidence do you have?

You sound like an unemployed degree-less Australian train driver who had no, if not any, formal education. What's your problem? Did you come to Thailand, teach, and fail miserably?

You sound lucky to be employed to me, given your pathetic understanding of the English language. How can I be unemployed if I am a train driver? Isn't a train driver a job? I guess not.

I apologise to you that I left a third world country where there is no future in English teaching to return to the best country in the world to resume a trade that pays me twice the avergare wage of teachers here, let alone ten or so times what I was earning in Thailand.

You are a liar; if that's the term you like to use. I do have a formal education. I attended a technical college in australia for over 5 years and have various trade certificates. I am about to complete my first year of university. I might not have that worshiped piece of paper to hang on my wall yet, but I am working on it; for what I don't know because the original plan to get it to be able to teach legally in a third world country keeps looking more and more stupid if I was to do that.

So while I might not have a degree YET, at least I am bettering myself. I am not the bum who has ended up living permanently in a place where there is no future in what I am doing, unlike yourself.

Lets face it loaded, it seems like you have a chip on your shoulder. You don't sound happy, are you? Whats wrong?

Once again, I apologise for leaving a shithole and returning to the best country in the world to extend my education, return to a job which I get renumerated well above the average wage, where I earn twice what teachers earn, where I am happy, where the sky is blue, etc.

BTW, I chose to leave Thailand just as I chose to go there. I never intended on teaching, I just gave it a go because I was approached because of my young, white, good looks one day as I was walking down a Soi in BKK. I ended up staying there longer than I had planned, in fact, 12 months longer. You're right, I did fail, I failed in my plans to only travel around LOS for 12 months - I stayed for almost 24. How stupid was I?

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Cheers mate!

Edited by aussiestyle1983

As I previously reported on a different thread I know of three cases where people have been deported for not having a work permit. One of these cases involved a teacher spending a weekend in prison, but I must admit that particular case was told to me second-hand (but it did occur in my current school and confirmed by the other teachers). The other two cases occurred in Lad Prao while I was working there six years ago. I know that I may risk being called a liar for these comments, but hey-ho.

As I previously reported on a different thread I know of three cases where people have been deported for not having a work permit. One of these cases involved a teacher spending a weekend in prison, but I must admit that particular case was told to me second-hand (but it did occur in my current school and confirmed by the other teachers). The other two cases occurred in Lad Prao while I was working there six years ago. I know that I may risk being called a liar for these comments, but hey-ho.

You're taking a big risk to make such cliams :o

Well, I'll do the same since I've allready been basically called a bum.

There is at least one school in BKK with a secret, kind of like basement, room, located in close proximity to the staffroom which is hiden and impossible to find (only staff know about it and people who staff mouth off to) where all the illegal teachers are herded into when immigration, plice, etc. come for a crackdown. The school has a good fence line plus full time security guard to give warning so there is plenty of time to get staff down into this room. All the legal teachers (who are the only ones with pictures around the place) are the only ones in the staff room so if a check occurs, everything checks out. I don't know when, or how many times the room has been used; all i know that it exists and has been used on occasion.

I wait to be called a liar! :D

Since I had lunch today at Loaded's place of work, I cannot objectively moderate this one, so I will leave it up to IJWT.

Oh, I got a call today to do a demonstration class for a job. I plan to do the demo. If they offer me a full-time job at a govt. secondary school at my age, with little chance of getting a work permit, should I turn them down? Or should I not even do the demo class, since that qualifies as work? :o

Come to think of it, does job-seeking in itself (for which no work permit is available) a type of work that is a violation of the law?

Since I had lunch today at Loaded's place of work, I cannot objectively moderate this one, so I will leave it up to IJWT.

Oh, I got a call today to do a demonstration class for a job. I plan to do the demo. If they offer me a full-time job at a govt. secondary school at my age, with little chance of getting a work permit, should I turn them down? Or should I not even do the demo class, since that qualifies as work? :o

Come to think of it, does job-seeking in itself (for which no work permit is available) a type of work that is a violation of the law?

just give us all the details of the school or someone might infer you are a liar......

you do however make an interestimg poimnt aabout job seeking....you obviously can't do that on a tourist visa, so logically you'll need a business visa. I you have a retirement visa, you'll probably have to surrender that, get a N.I. "B" for the duration and rthen if you don't get the job re-apply for a retirement visa. Unless of course a retirement visa has provision for douing business, which of course is what looking for work is.

So it would look like you are in violation of several visas in several ways.

Can't Loaded get you a job?...that's what he does.

Edited by wilko

you do however make an interestimg poimnt aabout job seeking....you obviously can't do that on a tourist visa, so logically you'll need a business visa. I you have a retirement visa, you'll probably have to surrender that, get a N.I. "B" for the duration and rthen if you don't get the job re-apply for a retirement visa. Unless of course a retirement visa has provision for douing business, which of course is what looking for work is.

So it would look like you are in violation of several visas in several ways.

Are you an English teacher?

Are you a native speaker?

Aren't you embarrassed?

It would seem you are a spelling Nazi?

This is normally goes against the grain for most contributors to this site.

I think the chances of me giving you any information especially personal would be pretty low, can't you see that?.

Have you not managed to calm down yet then....i see your "mate" as got embarrassed by oyur behaviour and left.....you put him in a pretty indefensible position don't you think?

Edited by wilko

It would seem you are a spelling Nazi?

This is normally goes against the grain for most contributors to this site.

I think the chances of me giving you any information especially personal would be pretty low, can't you see that?.

Have you not managed to calm down yet then....i see your "mate" as got embarrassed by oyur behaviour and left.....you put him in a pretty indefensible position don't you think?

:o

Edited by Loaded

I don't think loaded has the mental capacity to be allowed to point out someone's spelling mistakes, since he referred to me as an unemployed train driver.

I though I was employed given that I work as a train driver?

Could someone please clarify................... :o

In all my years of reading this forum I never read such an infantile thread. It is truly amazing that any of you are actually teachers.

It may have been an infantile thread but well done you for putting the icing on the cake.

I am an 'actual' teacher and so is PB.

Why the quotes around 'actual'?

I thought it best to clarify with you first - following on from your quote, It is truly amazing that any of you are actually teachers. I was worried that amazing you twice in quick succession might be dangerous for your heart.

Edited by garro

I thought it best to clarify with you first - following on from your quote, It is truly amazing that any of you are actually teachers. I was worried that amazing you twice in quick succession might be dangerous for your heart.

I see. Anyway, don't let me interrupt the trivialities.

Edited by mbkudu

No problem, you enjoy the serious work of the forum and leave the trivialities to me. You are obviously an important and busy man.

:o

:D

The irony of it all.