How Much Can I Get Out Of Atm's Per Day

kieronbrophy

hi,

I'm heading down to KC in about 3 weeks and I was wondering how much can I draw per day from ATM's

I was going to bring 2 credit cards and a debit card will I be ok with that?

Should I bring travellers cheques as well. I am assuming most small restaurants on the beach do not take cards

Cheers

Kieron

:o

Bring a Nationwide Flex with you and you can withdraw 300 quid a day @ 62bt/pound=18,500bt...and NO CHARGES ...

A CC can easily rip you off with up to 10% ..(in charges).and more ...on your individual withdrawal and usually comes with a minimun take of 5-10 quid no matter wot......... :D

I have been carrying a couple of 500 pound TCs, some $ and a stash of Sterling for years just in case (hundred pound notes)but never as yet needed to cash in.... :o

The default withdrawal from an ATM is 20000 baht but you can change this.

your bank at home may impose a limit too.

Make sure you tell your bank you are going abroad or it is very likely they will put a stop on your card after the first foreign withdrawal.

Apart from the limit you can also use your cards in shops etc.....unless you are going to be exceptionally extravagant I would have thought all the limits imposed would be fine.

The beach places won't take your card but there are ATMs everywhere on the island.

TTs are really only needed for back-up and if you get paraniod about ATMs, take your card and passport to a bank or exchange and they will sell you the money and "swipe" your card in their machine. (I mean "pass" the card NOT "steal" it!).

There are three limits to what you can get from an ATM:

1- a maximum number of notes, normally 25 notes (if the machine has 1,000 notes then 25,000 - if only 500 baht notes then 12,500 baht)

2- The limit set by the bank that issued the card being used (£300 for nationwide currently about 18,000 baht, this varies with other banks)

3- The limit set by the owner of the ATM - not normally applied.

You get the lowest of the three limits above.