Land Prices, Phichit Province

doctormann

Hi Guys

Just a general enquiry. I might be interested in buying a few rai of agricultural land in Phichit Province for my wife - in her name, obviously. Initially, this would be as an investment - living in hope here - and possibly for renting out. Sometime in the future we might look at building a house on it.

I have no idea of what the land prices are likely to be - obviously a lot of factors could affect this - so I am just trying to get some idea of general price levels. Her village is about 30km from Phichit town, on the way to Phetchabun, so that area might be the most obvious place to start looking.

Any info anyone?

DM

Hi Doctorman,

if its any help,the wife and I were looking at this in Si Thep,which is still classed as Petchabun.

It will depend on a number of factors: how many crops can you grow a year: what can you grow,does it have water,they may be more but thats been my experience so far...

Then it may vary from around 250,000 baht for 20 rai upwards..This is my experience only of Si Thep..

However i would guess that whre you are looking may be more expensive because from what I can gather this is a very good farming area in general and the farmers can grow many things as well turn the fields two or even three times..

You may be lucky if there are Thais that need the money and you may get a deal...

Best thing to do is get the wifes parents to look around through there contacts and dont tell them you are involved,thats what we have been doing...

Edited by Nickthegreek

Hi Guys

Just a general enquiry. I might be interested in buying a few rai of agricultural land in Phichit Province for my wife - in her name, obviously. Initially, this would be as an investment - living in hope here - and possibly for renting out. Sometime in the future we might look at building a house on it.

I have no idea of what the land prices are likely to be - obviously a lot of factors could affect this - so I am just trying to get some idea of general price levels. Her village is about 30km from Phichit town, on the way to Phetchabun, so that area might be the most obvious place to start looking.

Any info anyone?

DM

Sounds like you are talking about the Sak Lek or Wang Sai Phun area along Highway 11. That's fairly close to my partner's home village and where we built. She paid in the neighborhood of 200,000 for 1 rai that we built on. However that was 5 years ago, and is next to public utlities like electricity, water and telephone.

I would think if you were doing a bulk purchase of 20-30 rai or more of agricultural property, that you might be able to get below 100k per rai. As the other poster suggested, you just need to get over there and look around. If you find someone who is in need of a cash infusion, then you might be able to get a really good price. The other poster is right that many farmers turn the land around multiple times in a year. Two rice crops per year seems pretty common.

As you might imagine, let your partner or some other Thai mediator do the negotiating. If the sellers find out that farangi money is involved, it is unlikely that you will get any sort of decent price. I think the last time my partner's brother and I spoke about land, he suggested that farm property might go for between 80k-120k per rai depending on location, how many rai, whether there was road frontage, etc. You will find that a lot of land plots require that you drive inward for several hundred meters or even a km or more along a narrow dirt path from the main road.

It is beautiful country, with the hills and mountains nearby. I love the weather during the cool season from October to February. About 30c during the day but down to a lovely 15-20c at night.