Tamron Lens - Where To Buy?

Anyone know where I can buy a Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 for a Nikon, in Bangkok? I've looked everywhere but had no luck.

Thanks.

There are a couple of places in Fortune Town that sell Tamron lenses. I'd recommend Capa Digifoto. If they don't have something in stock they can usually get it in a day or two, and a choice of grey import/official import prices. I've found them very friendly and very helpful.

If it's too much of a trek for you I could probably pop in on the way home tomorrow and get a price for you.

(Er ... reply before 2pm tomorrow or I'll already be at home and disinclined to go out again.)

Edited by MarkBKK

Anyone know where I can buy a Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 for a Nikon, in Bangkok? I've looked everywhere but had no luck.

Thanks.

Niks Thailand is a dealer of Tamron lenses. But Niks prices are a bit expensive than compared to Fortune town as they do not sell gray market lenses.

Niks (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.

166 Silom Road 12 Bangrak Bangkok 10500, Thailand.

Tel.0-2235-2929-34 , 0-2635-6570-4

Fax. 0-2236-7240

Opening Hours

Mon-Fri : 8.30 AM - 5.30 PM

The following link is a Tamron dealers list from Niks Thailand web page.

http://www.niksthailand.co.th/dealer.htm

And also try AV Camera at

1 Soi Keson (Charenkrong 50), Next to Robinson Bangrak,

New Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

Tel : 0-2237-1041-2, 0-2234-4786

Fax : 0-2237-8548

Email : [email protected]

www.avcamera.com

Hope this helps you.

Thanks so much for all your advice and especially for the offer of going to check the price for me, MarkBKK.

I'll make a start by going to Fortune Town this weekend.

No problem, it's on the way home.

Capa Digifoto isn't a Tamron dealer ... I thought it was because it has a window full of Tamrons (well, quite a few, all used, if anyone's interested), but not the SP AF 90mm (etc.).

Digi World (or something) is a dealer, but says that that lens is currently in short supply, but may be able to get you one in a few days for 16,000 baht (from Niks).

Pix-One actually has one in stock for 11,900 baht. I'm guessing for that much less than Digi World it's probably a grey import.

Pix-One is on the 2nd Floor (1st Floor if you're English), opposite Capa.

[Just noticed on the back of the piece of paper I wrote the price down on that that shop's called ''Digital Now!'']

Edited by MarkBKK

• 2 weeks later...
After checking out all the places you mentioned, I ended up getting one from Sunny Cameras, opposite Central Lad Prao.

I'll keep these places in mind for when I make my next purchase - so, thanks once again.

Yes, I know questions are a burden to others and answers a prison for oneself, but did you get the Tamron? How much? Grey or official? Any good?